Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just the first thing I thought of when I saw the new PolyBrute

edited September 2020 in Other

Comments

• I needed more context and found this... look to the lower left corner.

• Reminds me of the wood paneling in my living room growing up. Groovy man!

• I wonder if ExpressiveE will sue or be flattered?😂

• edited September 2020

This sparked my idle thought that maybe they have some friends in common or something between Arturia and Expressive E. Then I checked Google Maps and discarded that theory. Arturia is in Grenoble. Expressive E is in Montreuil, just outside Paris. The two companies are just over 540 km away from each other.

Arturia built itself on emulating other companies' tech - eg. Oberheim, Sequential, etc. - in software so reverse-engineering the Touche would have been within their capabilities.

• edited September 2020

Did a little research. This thing doesn’t actually move in 3D (n/s/e/w) space. It does move up and down though.It’s more of a fancy xyz pad. The Touché has nothing to worry about.

• I assumed it was a place to rest one's pipe whilst synthesizing.

Much like those old couches that used to have wooden pieces and ashtrays set into the arms.

• It still looks like an improvement over the traditional pair of wheels, although not eliminating the wheels was also a good move on their part.

• Also made me think of this..

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

Additional context for the clueless:

It a really fun app by the way. It helps generate "beats". Beat it.
    Heads up @Linearlineman. You too can make Beats. I make them on the Bus and at the DMV. Sometimes we dance if I bring the Bluetooth speaker.

• It just seems so odd to see something that looks so much like a phone, but then what instead of a screen, wood paneling?

It’s almost like, why not just make a dock to park your phone there and then include some sort of bundled X/Y expression app..

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

@Lady_App_titude said:
    It just seems so odd to see something that looks so much like a phone, but then what instead of a screen, wood paneling?

It’s almost like, why not just make a dock to park your phone there and then include some sort of bundled X/Y expression app..

True but the PolyBrute does have a USB port so with the addition of a cable and a CCK Adapter you can record or integrate it with your IOS Music Production workflow too.

It seems like Arturia is leaving that leap of capability to the reader without making it a selling point. But weird... for sure.

The details of inter-operability are probably covered in the manual. Just to use the XY pad would it use a wireless connection or the USB port?

They are also probably tip toeing around Apple carefully by even including the iPhone image in the marketing materials... hence the wood image to hide it.

• I watched Nick Batt's 10 minute "preview" and thought it sounded and looked deelish. Too rich for me and not needed but wayyyy better and more interesting than I expected.

• @kinkujin said:
    I watched Nick Batt's 10 minute "preview" and thought it sounded and looked deelish. Too rich for me and not needed but wayyyy better and more interesting than I expected.

It sounds flippin amazing!