Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pestilence, Fire, Darkness, Flood

edited September 2020 in Other

The biblical proportions are piling up. Hurricane Sally: Historic and Catastrophic. All we need is an antiChrist... oops, sorry...I forgot. Good thing the movies have prepared us.

Comments

• edited September 2020

Thought I was going to hear your apocalyptic opus.😉

• Hmmm @hypnopad ... The Ten Plagues of IOS. Sounds like a winner. Plenty of apps to choose from.

• Take a bunch of lemons and make some lemonade. Get inspiration where you can get it.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

I dunno. There have been far worse times for humanity relatively than this. We're just much more aware of it all due to 24hr news cycles and the internet.

By comparison, the start of the 20th century:

• Spanish Flu of 1918: at least 50 million deaths worldwide
    • World War I, 1914 - 1918: 9 million combatant deaths plus at least 13 million direct civilian deaths.
    • Adjusted for world population today that would be 300 million, 42 million, and 78 million respectively
    • San Francisco Earthquake: at least 3,000 deaths and 80% of the city destroyed, up to 277,000 - 300,000 left homeless.
    • 1920 Hayuan Earthquake: estimated 273,400 deaths
    • Persian famine of 1917–1919: 2 million deaths
    • Russian famine of 1921: 5 million deaths
    • 1908 Messina Earthquake Tsunami: 123,000
    • 1919 Mount Kelud volcanic eruption: 5,000
    • 1902 Mount Pelee eruption: 30,000

Yet the "roaring twenties" was one of the most prosperous decades ever (at least in the west) ... until the crash of 1929.

I'm not arguing that things aren't bad, but it helps me to put things in perspective.

• @hypnopad said:

Me too. :D

• @LinearLineman said:
    The biblical proportions are piling up. Hurricane Sally: Historic and Catastrophic. All we need is an antiChrist... oops, sorry...I forgot. Good thing the movies have prepared us.

They used to call these types of events "Acts of God" but the relevant selection from literature for me is "The Three Little Pigs". You KNOW it's coming and you don't take steps
    to insure your own protection.

The whole "Act of God" meme has been corrupted by Religious Zealots that use the idea that God did this to punish people for being shitty church goers. It works sometimes on people who know they've been up to some bad shit.

Which Pig are you? Of course, the three approaches all had economic impacts and that only
    makes the story more prescient... more "on point"... on the nosey.

• @McD, I live in a house of cards.

• I don’t want to worry anyone, but it just got dark here...

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD, I live in a house of cards.

I think you could be the wolf. I would not cast you as a Pig in other words... of any intelligence level. Your Bite is worse that your Oink. ("Deliverance" Flashback).

• @wim, those were bad times, but if you consult the Book of Revelations, I believe it says at the End Times all the world will know of local events simultaneously. This was not possible until thirty years ago to some degree. But in 2020 it is absolutely true. Btw, I don’t believe this stuff, but it is compelling.

• I do read The Revelation and believe it. Understand it? Not so much. :D

FWIW, I believe the stuff talked about there will make this stuff feel like a picnic.

• It isn’t getting better out there in the world

• I feel like a trip to Mars is something like Free Diving. At some point you need the natural resources of earth to sustain life. Still, people free dive for the achievement of a goal. Some
    however do die. Even those that make it down and back do not save the planet.

• edited September 2020

@McD said:
    I feel like a trip to Mars is something like Free Diving. At some point you need the natural resources of earth to sustain life. Still, people free dive for the achievement of a goal. Some
    however do die. Even those that make it down and back do not save the planet.

They can 3d print me a new body that eats sand! I’m flexible.

• @AudioGus said:

Have you beed watching WestWorld? That shit's not real.

• @McD said:

@AudioGus said:

Have you beed watching WestWorld? That shit's not real.

Lol, and Mars is haha.

• Dr. Manhattan was not on Mars! He walked amongst us.🤯

• @LinearLineman said:
    Dr. Manhattan was not on Mars! He walked amongst us.🤯

That was the movie "Watchmen" not to be confused with HBO's "Watchmen".

"Westworld" is th re-imagining of the Michael Crichton movie "Westworld" which starred
    Yul Bryner as the Gun Fighter.

Matt Damon walked on Mars and grew potatoes fertilized with his own shit. Mars is tricky
    and unforgiving. Not unlike parts of New Jersey, @LinearLineman.

• Dammit, I was hoping for a @LinearLineman industrial sludgefest

• @hypnopad said:

@wim said:
    Me too. :D

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Dammit, I was hoping for a @LinearLineman industrial sludgefest

I thought the same, then I saw it was posted in “off topic” instead of “creations”...

Yeah, we were watching the hurricane Sandy coverage at work Tuesday and remember thinking how crazy it is, that with all that water, rain, and flooding, and not to mention the constant rain we’ve been getting every single day in the southeast states for the last couple months, but they can’t get a single drop out west where California, Oregon, and Washington state are completely engulfed in flames 🔥 🔥 🔥

The images and footage of entire neighborhoods and towns completely burned to the ground is really sad. I can’t imagine what those people are going through.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

+1 for a @LinearLineman and @StJohnTheApostle collab. Is he still active on the forum?