Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Youtube Music Premium quandary

edited September 2020 in Other

How does it work? Would I still be able to listen to any currently posted musical content on YouTube ad free? Or would I be restricted to only legitimately licensed stuff, ala Apple music and Spotify?

[EDITED 3 weeks later]

My free trial is up on the 21st. I really like YT music a lot cause it has certain releases not available on Apple or Spotify, even if said releases are from the same artists found on Apple, etc.

My deal breaker for YT is that I recently upgraded my phone and made the switch from Android to iOS. It seemed like a logical move since I’ve been making music on iPad for the last 6 years.

The problem lay within the inability to EQ the YT output. On android I had a third party EQ that affected the whole system. Apple doesn’t seem to allow developers this access. Even a recent update to YT music added an EQ, but only to Android users.

Without an EQ I seriously cannot listen to music. I work in manufacturing. It’s a noisy environment which is why I spent decent coin on the Audio Technica ath cks5tw in ears. The problem is that they are too bass heavy, believe it or not. While most folks use EQ to boost the bass in their buds, I need the opposite, especially when listening to Jungle tracks.
I can’t seem to find a solution that’ll allow me to keep YT music. The better 3rd party iOS EQ apps will EQ files in Dropbox or Document and sometimes Spotify. Or they have their own file player and you need to import the music files. But whatever songs I download from YT only seem to be accessible from within the app.

Unbelievable what a hack everything seems to be, if there even is a hack available. This technology isn’t setting me free. At this point velcrowing a portable CD case around my waist and carrying a CD player containing burnt files in my pocket with a 6 ft. long headphone wire sound more convenient.

Comments

• edited August 2020

i have it and cancelled every thing else!
    no ads on youtube and all the content, and it plays when the screen is locked or when you’re using other apps. it also comes with the youtube music app, has so much

• edited August 2020

Yeah, it's great, I have since Google Music days when you got YouTube Premium free with Google Music paid account.

They are now replacing Google Music with YouTube Music, but you can upload tracks to archive your old CDs.

• Anything on YouTube or YouTube Music is available to you Ad Free.

Old playlists from YouTube are available in the YT Music app and visa versa.

The election adverts were starting to drive me crazy and 2 weeks into the free trial, I realize I may never go back.

• @auxmux said:

They are now replacing Google Music with YouTube Music, but you can upload tracks to archive your old CDs.

Really? It won’t get flagged for copyrighted material? Or it’s fine as long as it’s set to private? Or the publisher gets a streaming revenue? I wonder.

@gothamoddisee said:
    Anything on YouTube or YouTube Music is available to you Ad Free.

Old playlists from YouTube are available in the YT Music app and visa versa.

The election adverts were starting to drive me crazy and 2 weeks into the free trial, I realize I may never go back.

I was happy to see my old YT playlist still there. I’m about 5 days in and really enjoy it except for a few times the app crashed. But i suppose i can avoid the music app altogether if need be. I hear you about them election adverts!

In general this service seems great except for lack of track skipping if you have an album. The only work around seems to be is searching for and saving particular tracks instead. Now that i think of it, I like that. It’s not unlike the pre-digital listening days. But it’s nice having the hack option available. Thanks everyone.

• Help.

My free trial is up on the 21st. I really like YT music a lot cause it has certain releases not available on Apple or Spotify, even if said releases are from the same artists found on Apple, etc.

My deal breaker for YT is that I recently upgraded my phone and made the switch from Android to iOS. It seemed like a logical move since I’ve been making music on iPad for the last 6 years.

The problem lay within the inability to EQ the YT output. On android I had a third party EQ that affected the whole system. Apple doesn’t seem to allow developers this access. Even a recent update to YT music added an EQ, but only to Android users.

Without an EQ I seriously cannot listen to music. I work in manufacturing. It’s a noisy environment which is why I spent decent coin on the Audio Technica ath cks5tw in ears. The problem is that they are too bass heavy, believe it or not. While most folks use EQ to boost the bass in their buds, I need the opposite, especially when listening to Jungle tracks.

I can’t seem to find a solution that’ll allow me to keep YT music. The better 3rd party iOS EQ apps will EQ files in Dropbox or Document and sometimes Spotify. Or they have their own file player and you need to import the music files. But whatever songs I download from YT only seem to be accessible from within the app.

Unbelievable what a hack everything seems to be, if there even is a hack available. This technology isn’t setting me free. At this point velcrowing a portable CD case around my waist and carrying a CD player containing burnt files in my pocket with a 6 ft. long headphone wire sound more convenient.

• I had horrendous problems with Google Music and CarPlay, and the problems seemed pretty widespread based on my online research to resolve them. Never got it working right so I switched to Apple Music and haven’t had a problem since.

Based on the issues I had I really don’t want to invest in any more Google music subscriptions, whatever it’s called now.