Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AddStation Sequencing Feature

I hate to gripe about Virsyn AddStation; it’s a fantastic app, but... Does anyone know if there are any plans to improve or update the sequence capabilities? It seems to simply run through the blocks you have set up from beginning to end, and then stop.

It would be nice to be able to select a back & forth pattern, or one the goes forward & returns to the beginning. Also would be musically useful to have the sequence continue during the release segment of the envelope.

Comments

• Really great ideas, please email these to Virsyn. Support (at) virsyn.de

• Best thing could be modwheel setting reverse/forward, all sequences, even if sequences are at different speeds. A mod wheel manual simulation would play the fastest but also the slowest.

• Not wanting to copy the Apple Watch ad but:

It already does that.

Switch to the LOOP view and you can drag the blue overlay to specify which section of each row is the loop.
    You probably know but the timings are then set separately in the Sequencer section of a part, which is odd because the sequencer is for the whole row.

• @Jocphone said:
    Not wanting to copy the Apple Watch ad but:

It already does that.

Switch to the LOOP view and you can drag the blue overlay to specify which section of each row is the loop.
    You probably know but the timings are then set separately in the Sequencer section of a part, which is odd because the sequencer is for the whole row.

I'm not sure I completely understand "drag the blue overlay to specify which section of each row is the loop". I have figured out that I can change the timing of each block, but I'll try to do what you're describing... Thanks!

• @gtrgeorge said:

@Jocphone said:
    Not wanting to copy the Apple Watch ad but:

It already does that.

I'm not sure I completely understand "drag the blue overlay to specify which section of each row is the loop". I have figured out that I can change the timing of each block, but I'll try to do what you're describing... Thanks!

In this example i have set the three middle blocks as the looping section:

Which will generally be the sustain portion of your sound but you can tweak the timings in the sequencer view.

@gtrgeorge said:
    I hate to gripe about Virsyn AddStation; it’s a fantastic app, but... Does anyone know if there are any plans to improve or update the sequence capabilities? It seems to simply run through the blocks you have set up from beginning to end, and then stop.

It would be nice to be able to select a back & forth pattern, or one the goes forward & returns to the beginning. Also would be musically useful to have the sequence continue during the release segment of the envelope.

@sigma79 said:
    Best thing could be modwheel setting reverse/forward, all sequences, even if sequences are at different speeds. A mod wheel manual simulation would play the fastest but also the slowest.

Wait a minute.. can’t we already move through the sequence, back and forth, with the modwheel? Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you guys are talking about.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@gtrgeorge said:

@sigma79 said:
    Best thing could be modwheel setting reverse/forward, all sequences, even if sequences are at different speeds. A mod wheel manual simulation would play the fastest but also the slowest.

Wait a minute.. can’t we already move through the sequence, back and forth, with the modwheel? Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you guys are talking about.

Hi mate. Havent used since I bought it. Mod wheel can cycle back and forth, whether on a track or all tracks ( I was saying before it would be good if there were a button to toggle modwheel on and off globably and per track on every screen rather than in settings ) But that dosent help I guess if sequences are all different times. Also if modwheel scrolling say on blocks is a true representation of the sustain or how it would be in time mode ( it should be )

So a modwheel scroll that can scroll all sequence positions ( ah but it cant ) its either mod or time and mod dosent move without time )

If it mod could override time though. You could hear how a scroll back and forth, will sound when block 1 track 1 sounds in comprison to block 5 track 2. Then adjust harmonics and frequencies.

Not sure if modulation stuff would be acurate though.

Will use again though as it can produce sounds that are like multiple synths.

• Its fine. Just copy blocks around then maybe sequence after. The sequencer at different rates. The sound is never going to be an idea you think of before you start and the sequencer being long also. I think the sequencer will be better used long so each block dosent switch so quick and with block copying and pasting. You have the basis for maybe an ambient track, whilst working on other tracks, beats.

• I should use again because its almost like Im being negative, which isnt fair on Virsyn and it made good patches because Im not even used to subractive synths.

• I guess I was just sequencing like a noise generator ( which ends up sounding like tuning a radio )

Maybe patterns like stepbud on sequencer page would be good. You could tame sound via sequences being the same but then switch to different sequences.

I will shut up now as I cant really comment after just making a few patches.

• @Jocphone said:

@gtrgeorge said:

@Jocphone said:

Which will generally be the sustain portion of your sound but you can tweak the timings in the sequencer view.

OK, in the words of James T Kirk, "Scotty, you just earned your pay for the week!" I found what you're talking about, tried it, and it works; THANKS! Now I have some patches where the timed sequence goes forward only, or back and forth; I do not see how to determine which it does... do you know where and how to set that???

• @gtrgeorge I love the name you gave that preset 😂

• They all go back and forth but time is based on the sequence of each track. Some maybe going back and forth fast and you just didnt wait for the sequencer to go back and forth on a track that seemed like it didnt. This is adjusted by shortening each of the sequence length overall and adjust the yellow triangles which manage time from block to block. The blue highlight on every track and block would make every track move.

• @Gavinski said:
    @gtrgeorge I love the name you gave that preset 😂

That wasn't mine; that was Jocphone's... but I agree...

• @sigma79 said:
    They all go back and forth but time is based on the sequence of each track. Some maybe going back and forth fast and you just didnt wait for the sequencer to go back and forth on a track that seemed like it didnt. This is adjusted by shortening each of the sequence length overall and adjust the yellow triangles which manage time from block to block. The blue highlight on every track and block would make every track move.

Well, I just set one up that starts on the first block, goes through all of them, and stops on the last one, does not go back & forth...

• @gtrgeorge said:

@Jocphone said:

@gtrgeorge said:

@Jocphone said:

OK, in the words of James T Kirk, "Scotty, you just earned your pay for the week!" I found what you're talking about, tried it, and it works; THANKS! Now I have some patches where the timed sequence goes forward only, or back and forth; I do not see how to determine which it does... do you know where and how to set that???

I'm not sure either. Could be synced to where the level envelope is at..?

• @Jocphone said:

@gtrgeorge said:

@Jocphone said:

@gtrgeorge said:

@Jocphone said:

I've just determined that it does NOT sequence back & forth; you can set how quickly it returns to the beginning, but that's all. So I'm back to square one; gonna email virsyn and suggest...

• Not the grooviest patch.

Notes are latched with keyboard.

Blocks are blue to loop.

Sequencer on each track set to time.

Sequence for each track adjusted via triangles.

• I hope you were using headphones while making this 😂

• Always. Bad patch though. It started adding the EQ. Couldnt work it out. Needs more EQ lol. Panning also chaotic.

• Terrible. Sounds like being at an airport.

• I'm just thinking of your wife / neighbours etc 😂

• I give you 11 out of 10 on the @iOSTRAKON noise scale

• Its all effects via app. Thought I could hear a singer but went mad in the process.

• Wov is good though. Wouldnt have bought without your tutorial. Thanks.

• @sigma79 said:
    Wov is good though. Wouldnt have bought without your tutorial. Thanks.

I love wov too

• @gtrgeorge said:

@Jocphone said:

@gtrgeorge said:

@Jocphone said:

@gtrgeorge said:

@Jocphone said:

I've just determined that it does NOT sequence back & forth; you can set how quickly it returns to the beginning, but that's all. So I'm back to square one; gonna email virsyn and suggest...

Im not sure. Still cant work out the logic of what loops and when. Seems to play the loop part backwards more often than forwards and the sequencer progress, which is difficult to see over the yellow an cyan doesn’t seem to take account of looping.