Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yukawa from IceGear just had an incredible update - winners announced!

Yukawa from IceGear just had an incredible update - 3 free copies to give away!

I already loved this app, but this update is insane. It allows you to shift the individual sequence delay steps back or forward by 1/32 beat. This allows for much more complex rhythms and a kind of ratchet/shuffle feel. Watch my previous videos on this for a deeper overview of the app, this video only looks at this particular feature! To have a chance to win, follow the instructions in the pinned comment at the top of the youtube comments section.

Comments

• Very cool new feature, indeed.

• Thanks @Gavinski. Really like your videos. What a great new feature!

• The more I play with this update the more radical I realize it is, as I mentioned in the other thread, @lukesleepwalker

It’s no longer a delay, it’s almost like a sequencer that gives you very detailed control over even the simplest note inputs. It’s funny, because I loved the old version, but now this new version makes the old one seem really shitty 😂. I was asking Satoshi the dev if this update was due to user input, he said it wasn’t. It was his own idea of how to make the app better. It’s a really killer update.

• By the way, I put a link to Satoshi, the dev's, music in the info section of the vid. Really like track 5 and 6 so far. Always good to know that a dev is actually using their apps to make music. 😂

• Because sometimes it's pretty clear that they aren't 😅

• Superb update to what was already a great effect - thanks for the vid Gav...

• edited September 2020

Thanks Nige, I agree, it really brings this app to a whole new level!

• @Gavinski said:
    The more I play with this update the more radical I realize it is, as I mentioned in the other thread, @lukesleepwalker

It’s no longer a delay, it’s almost like a sequencer that gives you very detailed control over even the simplest note inputs. It’s funny, because I loved the old version, but now this new version makes the old one seem really shitty 😂. I was asking Satoshi the dev if this update was due to user input, he said it wasn’t. It was his own idea of how to make the app better. It’s a really killer update.

I love Satoshi's stuff and this latest release sealed the deal on this one.

• Totally Luke. His apps are already always rock solid on release and very innovative to boot, I’m actually surprised to see an update of this magnitude coming right after the app came out, but wow, what a treat.

• I didn't realize he was Japanese. For some reason I thought the preset names were just an affectation :flushed:

This is definitely the update I didn't know I needed...

• Haha, the Japanese names do add a certain mystique. As I've said here before though, if you want to pretend to be any nationality in this forum, it's Russian. I'm not sure if that's because there are so many great Russian devs, or because America still fetishizes Russian cold war tech 😂😂😂

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Gavinski said:
    Haha, the Japanese names do add a certain mystique. As I've said here before though, if you want to pretend to be any nationality in this forum, it's Russian. I'm not sure if that's because there are so many great Russian devs, or because America still fetishizes Russian cold war tech 😂😂😂

?Americans fetishize USSR tech?

I think those folks are outliers.

• A per-step probability slider would be a neat addition down the road.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gavinski said:
    Haha, the Japanese names do add a certain mystique. As I've said here before though, if you want to pretend to be any nationality in this forum, it's Russian. I'm not sure if that's because there are so many great Russian devs, or because America still fetishizes Russian cold war tech 😂😂😂

Russians are better at maths, ask NASA.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gavinski said:

Don't you think that Americans have a thing for Soviet tech? Maybe it's just a nostalgia thing, but there was a time when their tech was something to be scared of 😉

• @celtic_elk said:
    A per-step probability slider would be a neat addition down the road.

I've asked Satoshi for some randomisation functionality, this would be a good one.

• @SpartanClownTide said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gavinski said:

Generally-speaking Russian math education is better than U.S. math education (which is relatively poor in general -- sadly -- particularly if one doesn't have access to the best schools).

• @Gavinski said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gavinski said:

Don't you think that Americans have a thing for Soviet tech? Maybe it's just a nostalgia thing, but there was a time when their tech was something to be scared of 😉

Not that I have encountered. There might be occasional people that do -- but honestly, I haven't encountered any -- and I know a lot of vintage gear collectors.

• Doesn't China rule the math world these days?

• @Gavinski said:

No. Russian knock offs of tubes or tube amps, for example, are widely thought to be inferior

• All this discussion got me going wiki. An interesting read! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_technology_in_the_Soviet_Union

• edited September 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@Gavinski said:

Speak for yourself! I love all the Soviet apps. They make me feel like I’m in a safe, secure bunker making music at peace while the rest of the world is threatened by nuclear meltdown.

• @espiegel123 said:

@SpartanClownTide said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gavinski said:

Generally-speaking Russian math education is better than U.S. math education (which is relatively poor in general -- sadly -- particularly if one doesn't have access to the best schools).

Ah well that's the problem with democracy, gonna need people to be real dumb, Russia doesn't have that problem.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @oat_phipps said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gavinski said:

Speak for yourself! I love all the Soviet apps. They make me feel like I’m in a safe, secure bunker making music at peace while the rest of the world is threatened by nuclear meltdown.

😂😂😂

• @SpartanClownTide said:

@espiegel123 said:

@SpartanClownTide said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gavinski said:

Ah well that's the problem with democracy, gonna need people to be real dumb, Russia doesn't have that problem.

I agree there are a lot of problems with American democracy. I'm not sure I'd look to Russia for the answer though 😅

• I'm going to assume this is named after Hideki Yukawa, nobel prize winning Japanese physicist. Just in case anyone needed to know.

• @espiegel123 said:

Generally [Random Country] math education is better than U.S. math education. There fixed it for you :'(

• Russian microscopes were the bomb back in the day.

Their programmers (along with Bulgarians for some reason) were also incredibly good, though that was partly because they had to work with garbage computers.

Russians are cool. We need more Russian tech. Bring back the Lada.