Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2020 iPad Air Review 🤯| From a music producers perspective! 🎹

Just a few of my quick thoughts. Please share yours also!

Comments

• edited September 2020

totally agree.. this is best iPad model for music/video production available to the date... i'm really excited.. amazing..

• As long as BT Latency is as sucky as it is for anything even remotely close to real-time I will miss the 3.5mm jack since I can't charge and listen at the same time without getting into dongle hell. Thankfully the iPad 8 is still there as an option...

• Snazzy labs on Mac/pad future

• Stuck to 48 kHz, i fear.

Also, as much as i like Touch ID, on the button on the side?!?

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

Imma hold off on getting excited until it's clear they didn't muff it with the audio stuff like they did when they introduced the Pros. That was a nightmare ... and I didn't even own one. :D

Excellent video btw @ipadbeatmaking.

• haha the guy in the lab... too much

• I’m fully a mini convert now after my run with the 6th gen iPad and going back to the mini size with the 5. I won’t be getting any new iPad till we get a mini 6 with the a14. But sure hope it keeps the jack lol 😂 crying on the inside knowing that ship has sailed

• edited September 2020

or get the iphone pro max 12 (need to sell a kidney first)

• Sure hope I don't have to commute ever again. I got tired of caring about iPad specs just to squeeze a drop more performance out of what are essentially single threaded shareware level DAWs.

• I was feeling some kind of way about the A14 chip but it only goes up to 256 gigs so I’m not regretting getting my 1TB 2020 Pro. If it had a headphone out I’d be contemplating getting one.

• @AudioGus said:
    Sure hope I don't have to commute ever again. I got tired of caring about iPad specs just to squeeze a drop more performance out of what are essentially single threaded shareware level DAWs.

Right? I love my iPad as sound source but damn the 48k thing has me relegating it to loop creation and sample mangling not the star of the show...

• @dendy said:
    totally agree.. this is best iPad model for music/video production available to the date... i'm really excited.. amazing..

So would you go for this one or wait on the next Pro?

@Samu said:
    As long as BT Latency is as sucky as it is for anything even remotely close to real-time I will miss the 3.5mm jack since I can't charge and listen at the same time without getting into dongle hell. Thankfully the iPad 8 is still there as an option...

So you would pick an iPad 8 over the new air due to the lack of headphone jack/dongles etc? Is the new 8 better than the performance of the new air?

@wim said:
    Imma hold off on getting excited until it's clear they didn't muff it with the audio stuff like they did when they introduced the Pros. That was a nightmare ... and I didn't even own one. :D

>
    I only use it with either headphones/audio interface, so I personally never experienced an issue. Maybe because I’m not recording into that often. Was this really a big deal? What issues did it cause.

Thanks 🙏

@noob said:
    haha the guy in the lab... too much

😂

@AudioGus said:
    Sure hope I don't have to commute ever again. I got tired of caring about iPad specs just to squeeze a drop more performance out of what are essentially single threaded shareware level DAWs.

Sheeshhh. You came out with the daggers on that one. So until iOS changes its single threaded audio, no amount of specs will do it for u?

@Strizbiz said:
    I was feeling some kind of way about the A14 chip but it only goes up to 256 gigs so I’m not regretting getting my 1TB 2020 Pro. If it had a headphone out I’d be contemplating getting one.

Will you be making the jump to the next pro if it matches or slightly surpasses these specs or will you ride out the 2020 for another generation?

@Gaia.Tree said:

@AudioGus said:

Right? I love my iPad as sound source but damn the 48k thing has me relegating it to loop creation and sample mangling not the star of the show...

Say it ain’t so!

• Oh, the Air 4 drops the head jack?

Right in the moment where i was happy to see speakers on both sides, not only one as with the Air 3.

Apple continues to frustrate me

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

In case u haven't heard
    in iOS 14 audio can be multithreaded ;)

Really??!!

• edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited September 2020

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

In case u haven't heard

Really??!!

Only after developers modify their apps to take advantage of it. It's not trivial and not even all that beneficial for all types of apps. Don't hold your breath for anything dramatic any time soon.

• edited September 2020
  • edited September 2020
  • @Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

In case u haven't heard

And it will take years for devs to adopt it.

• edited September 2020

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@dendy said:

So would you go for this one or wait on the next Pro?

@Samu said:
    As long as BT Latency is as sucky as it is for anything even remotely close to real-time I will miss the 3.5mm jack since I can't charge and listen at the same time without getting into dongle hell. Thankfully the iPad 8 is still there as an option...

So you would pick an iPad 8 over the new air due to the lack of headphone jack/dongles etc? Is the new 8 better than the performance of the new air?

@wim said:

>
    I only use it with either headphones/audio interface, so I personally never experienced an issue. Maybe because I’m not recording into that often. Was this really a big deal? What issues did it cause.

Thanks 🙏

@noob said:
    haha the guy in the lab... too much

😂

@AudioGus said:

Sheeshhh. You came out with the daggers on that one. So until iOS changes its single threaded audio, no amount of specs will do it for u?

Pretty much that in addition to devs that come on board and support it well. Now in lockdown my ipad is always near laptop/desktop so I can just midi out to it and get the best of both without too much pain. I could see buying an MK3 waaaay more than a new iPad now. However if i commute again then within months I will be window shopping ipads / headphone dongles.

PS. I am on a 10.5 pro, pretty good for sequencers and sample based simple stuff. My vst synths excite me way more than my iOS ones.

• edited September 2020
  • @Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

In case u haven't heard

And it will take years for devs to adopt it.

I expect to see first results in half a year

Not from my devs, thats for sure. ;)

• @wim said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

In case u haven't heard

Really??!!

Only after developers modify their apps to take advantage of it. It's not trivial and not even all that beneficial for all types of apps. Don't hold your breath for anything dramatic any time soon.

Well then there’s that.

• Good move from Apple. This will sell like cake... I think this will be another one of those prototypes. But it will push the pro line and hopefully pull the next mini.

• Will you be making the jump to the next pro if it matches or slightly surpasses these specs or will you ride out the 2020 for another generation?

I’m definitely going to ride with the 2020 for a while, I feel like it’s enough to get what I need to get done as far as IPad production goes for a while and at the end of the day an IPad doesn’t replace my MacBook Pro just yet, I’m really interested in seeing what the new Macs will be like with Apple’s silicon chips in them.

• @Strizbiz said:

Will you be making the jump to the next pro if it matches or slightly surpasses these specs or will you ride out the 2020 for another generation?

I’m definitely going to ride with the 2020 for a while, I feel like it’s enough to get what I need to get done as far as IPad production goes for a while and at the end of the day an IPad doesn’t replace my MacBook Pro just yet, I’m really interested in seeing what the new Macs will be like with Apple’s silicon chips in them.

What do your needs and workflows generally consist of? What are you doing on your iPad Pro 2020 (if anything) where do you feel like you’re reaching the limitations of either it’s hardware or iOS itself compared to your needs on Mac?

• Feels like they may have hit a sweet spot. I can tell by that tiny feeling of loosening in my wallet ... something Apple hasn't provoked for almost 5 years now.

Ironically, as I type this my iPad and my trusty 3.5mm earbuds are sitting right next to each other on the table in front of me. Could be an epic face-off. :D