Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Remote was perfect but now is super slow

I’ve used Remote in the past and it was working perfectly a year ago. Now it seems to be bogged down. What could be causing this? Is it because I am using an iPad vs iPad Pro? I’m using the same device that worked fine a year ago.

Could it be because the file is too complex?

I don’t know but it doesn’t seem any more demanding than my previous session.

I’m running patterning 1 & 2 and bm3 out of ab3 into aum. I have the kick From pattering 2 coming out separately for sidechaining within aum. In Aum I’m running scatterbrain, rough rider, replicant, black hole, ultra tap, SynthMaster 1, eg 808, limiter, fab filter eq, and Drambo on the master.

It works 85% of the time but I do get crashes. The cpu monitor in aum has me at about 55-75% most of the time.

Still, with remote on my iPad Air 1, the latency makes it in usable. Which is a real bummer, cause this setup is killer and I need to record.

What do you think?

Comments

• Hmm very hard to say! To get the obvious out of the way, have you tried rebooting both devices?