Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Event September 2020

edited September 2020 in Other

I’m curios... 😎
Can we aspect a new, improved iPad for iOS musicians?

Comments

• edited September 2020

yeh, today they will remove 3.5mm. buh bye

• Fitness+ like people will become watch zombies deluxe, no thank you...

• I just hear subscriptions services.....turned off....

• Now let's see if they kill mobile music for good because no one loves retarded BT latency when creating...

• At least the iPad 8 seems to have the 3.5mm jack...

• Yet another screen resolution on the iPad Air 4 for developers to optimize apps for, 'well done' Apple...

• edited September 2020

well, that new Air looks pretty amazing. who wants to scratch in the air though lol

• iPad air with USB C + A14 chips

Interresting.

• edited September 2020

hehe no more jack, Jack. Let the whining begin

• So the Air 4 is more pro than the pro? I am confused.

• Good to see usb-c

• edited September 2020

Just going to be new Airs and Minis. The new Pros with A14X likely won't be released until next year.

• New Watch
    iPad 8 with A12 chips (they will ship next friday): 329$
    iPad air with A14 chips (they will ship next month): 599$
    iOS 14 tomorrow

• What are the advantages of the Pro now? 120 Hz Screen? Face ID? Cameras?

Anything substantial.

• for pro line...just screen size ( i guess)

• edited September 2020

@Zaubrer said:
    What are the advantages of the Pro now? 120 Hz Screen? Face ID? Cameras?

Anything substantial.

Maybe RAM?

Pretty sure the new iPad Air will be faster than the iPad Pro on almost all task.

• @Clueless said:
    So the Air 4 is more pro than the pro? I am confused.

They carefully say “our new iPad Air, is the most powerful iPad Air ever”

• @Montreal_Music said:

Pretty sure the new iPad Air will be faster than the iPad Pro on almost all task.

At least until the iPad Pro's get the A14x/z or something like that...

• @noob said:
    hehe no more jack, Jack. Let the whining begin

Ya, me want to have latency free audio and charge the damned thing without using dongles ;)

• Watching the new Air A14 chip on my 2020 IPad Pro........ what the hell?????? Soooooo is this more powerful than the IPad I just spent like $1600 on less than 2 months ago!!!!???????

• edited September 2020

@Strizbiz said:
    Watching the new Air A14 chip on my 2020 IPad Pro........ what the hell?????? Soooooo is this more powerful than the IPad I just spent like $1600 on less than 2 months ago!!!!???????

yeah wtf just bought my 2020 pro ffs.. so this fkin Air 4 eats my pro 2020? something must be better on the pro

• At last we'll get iPadOS14 tomorrow, that'll be fun :)

• want to see the a14 in benchmarks

• So the base models ship with 64GB for the iPad Air 4 and puny 32GB for the iPad 8 and this in 2020?
    Oh well, I'll stick with my iPad Air 2 for the time being...

• @Samu said:
    At last we'll get iPadOS14 tomorrow, that'll be fun :)

I’m still on IOS 12 with a 10.5 Pro second Generation
    Should I update today to IOS 13 before it disappear? 😎
    Any advice?

• edited September 2020

ok so...The new (budget) iPad,is basically last year’s iPad Air, rebranded and with a price cut to $329
    and the new air4 is 550 base model with a14
    120hz is on Pro only

• @chandroji said:

@Samu said:
    At last we'll get iPadOS14 tomorrow, that'll be fun :)

I’m still on IOS 12 with a 10.5 Pro second Generation
    Should I update today to IOS 13 before it disappear? 😎
    Any advice?

I'd say go straight to iPadOS14, but that's me...
    (Currently I'm running iOS/iPadOS13.7 without any issues for my use cases).

• edited September 2020

So the air is now almost a full pro.

What do they have in line for the next Pro?

Will it be a Touch screen Mac, which can Also run iPad apps or a “pure” iPad with a similar processor to the new Apple SOC Macs? Will a speed bump be enough?

Whatever they do, they’ve closed the gap substantially with the Air. The New Pros must be a huge jump or maybe they’ll just drop them completely!

Not going to make a prediction... but the current Pros are not looking particularly attractive anymore.

And now I Really want the new air. :-/

Even without a headphone jack. To be honest I don’t really care about the headphone jack. If I’m plugged in to the wall I’m happy to use my stand-alone interface instead. If I’m battery powered then the headphone adaptor is fine.

Yeah. The new air is looking really good. But the jump up to 256G is pricy. Still. A heck of a lot of machine. And the new standard iPad would probably do me fine TBH.

• edited September 2020

@Samu Zeeon and a few apps got bgs on beta14 tho..(no presets etc) nothing terminal, will prolly get sorted. @chandroji I would check forum f you really worried as there are known issues with upgrading to 14