Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sadness For Our Fellow Californians, Washingtonians and Oregonians

I remember @Michael’s and other’s frightening posts about the Australian fires. Now we’ve got the West Coast ablaze. In ordinary times it would be the main story. Now it must take it’s place in a litany of woes. For those living through the layered plagues of pestilence, inferno, economic catastrophe and the specter of authoritarianism... it seems almost too much to bear.

To imagine the beatific hopefulness of California Dreaming and Surfin’ USA reduced to scenes that look, literally, like A Cook‘s Tour of Hell... well, it is heart rending. I know many here are in the midst of it. My sincerest sympathies for an incredibly difficult row to hoe. Please let us know how you are faring.

Comments

• Here in Oregon so much of the inferno is still 0% contained. The air quality, as in California, is off the charts. And there are many stories of friends whose houses have burned. One friend posted a video taken from the hwy as they rolled past their address (mckenzie fire). Burned trees, no houses visible. Here in the City of Eugene OR, the ash is literally piling up in the street in places. The COVID masks are now doubling as protection against inhaling particulates. I’d like to say “life goes on”, but atm it’s at a standstill. The grocery store I frequent had a sign in front that they were closed due to bad air quality. I assume that every time their door opened, more smoke was getting inside.

A change in wind direction would help a lot, but the local weather report says it will be at least Monday, if even then.

I had a food package from Amazon scheduled to be delivered yesterday and got a notice that there were delivery problems and they cancelled the order (“something happened to your package in transit and we’ve cancelled the order...”).

Our home is at least safe... i send my thoughts to anyone who isn’t.

• I wasn't even thinking about the fires when my friend sent this, I just thought it was a cool photoshop. Nope!

• Here in REAL Northern California (about 70 miles from the Oregon border), we've been inundated with heavy smoke for months with only a couple days of respite.

That being said I am truly thankful that my friends and family have so far only had to deal with the smoke and not the source (flames).

Of course we realize that with fires to the north, south and west, we are just a spark away from total devastation.

The southern Oregon boyfriend of my best friend's daughter got into a crash and totaled his car last week. Then this week a blaze destroyed his home.

And the rest of us think we have problems.

• @SNystrom @motmeister, have you had breathing problems? So scary. It’s the Age Of Masks.

• Indeed!

Fortunately here we just have the smoke. In past years we've had to deal with the skybourne ash and burning embers. That's when you know an evacuation order could come at any moment..

• The air here in the Bay Area has been particularly bad these last 2-3 weeks, and especially in the last 2 days. Waking up Wednesday morning to a fully black sky which slowly turned red was honestly TRULY unsettling. The sun was fully up by 7:30a, but the sky soon started to get darker as the morning progressed - it was at it's worst around 10:00a. All the Blade Runner/Star Wars/Total Recall jokes aside - I couldn't get that ball of anxiety to leave my gut until well into the day. The irony was that while it looked like the End of Days was nigh, the air was fine to breathe. Yesterday & today, however, are a completely different story. There's ash on my car and all over my back yard, and it's more fine than I've seen before. Makes the prospect of breathing it in pretty scary.

I've had a low-grade headache that's been constant for 2 days, and every once and a while I catch my eyes or throat stinging. Even with the air filter running full tilt day & night, it's still seeping in the window and door frames. Good times.

Remember - the masks that work best for COVID don't work well for smoke. The masks that work best for smoke don't work well for COVID.

Just one more thing to throw on the pile, I suppose. Thanks, 2020.

• It’s truly horrid.
    The back of my throat is thick, and everything, even if you are not next to a fire, is coated in ash.

• Got a cousin who lives in SF. Yeah, this vid came up during our chat. He's weirded out by it like everyone else but seems ok for now:

• @LinearLineman said:
    @SNystrom @motmeister, have you had breathing problems? So scary. It’s the Age Of Masks.

Even inside the house it’s a little harder to breathe, but outside it’s much harder.

• @SNystrom said:
    Here in REAL Northern California (about 70 miles from the Oregon border), we've been inundated with heavy smoke for months with only a couple days of respite.

That being said I am truly thankful that my friends and family have so far only had to deal with the smoke and not the source (flames).

Of course we realize that with fires to the north, south and west, we are just a spark away from total devastation.

The southern Oregon boyfriend of my best friend's daughter got into a crash and totaled his car last week. Then this week a blaze destroyed his home.

How do you feel about the Lost Coast area? My parents have been in SF since 1992, thinking about getting out and buying a small house up north....

• Seattle has been insane today, you can barely see a couple blocks. Even at home with the windows closed it reeks like smoke. We've had a few bad summers lately with wildfires, but this week is definitely the worst.

• edited September 2020

Its getting thick in the metro Vancouver area. Not as bad as three years ago and it is thankfully late in the year (so rain soon) but yah my craptastic sinuses do not like smoke. Grateful not to be worrying about the flames though.

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@SNystrom said:
    Here in REAL Northern California (about 70 miles from the Oregon border), we've been inundated with heavy smoke for months with only a couple days of respite.

How do you feel about the Lost Coast area? My parents have been in SF since 1992, thinking about getting out and buying a small house up north....

I'm not in the Lost Coast area.

Mount Shasta is the focal point of my realm.

During the time I've spent over there, (depending upon which cities they are looking to relocate), it seems to be not an ideal place to retire to me.

If they're interested in the coast, I might be more inclined to go a little further north to Oregon.

• @SNystrom said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@SNystrom said:

I'm not in the Lost Coast area.

Mount Shasta is the focal point of my realm.

During the time I've spent over there, (depending upon which cities they are looking to relocate), it seems to be not an ideal place to retire to me.

If they're interested in the coast, I might be more inclined to go a little further north to Oregon.

Noted.

• Of course if they are interested in starting a legal weed-growing operation up there due to the area's reputation for world-class canabis, then that might perhaps change the choice, but the mega-corporations have moved in big-time there and they're muscling the small growers out.

• Turbulent times, indeed...

• @SNystrom said:
    Of course if they are interested in starting a legal weed-growing operation up there due to the area's reputation for world-class canabis, then that might perhaps change the choice, but the mega-corporations have moved in big-time there and they're muscling the small growers out.

I’ve been trying to get them to smoke some ganj since the ‘90s to no avail, but if they were to I think they’d prefer the mom and pop neighbor to the big corp.

• @SNystrom I agree though it doesn’t come off as a great area to retire, not sure why they’re drawn to it. Mt. Shasta on the other hand has always been a welcome sight in my travels.

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    @SNystrom I agree though it doesn’t come off as a great area to retire, not sure why they’re drawn to it. Mt. Shasta on the other hand has always been a welcome sight in my travels.

Yeah, it's got a reasonably mellow vibe. Also pretty tolerant of others — Big Foot, Aliens, Lemurians, crystal worshippers, I AMers (Ascended Masters), and others...

• (Sorry to get off-topic LL.) 😔

• @SNystrom said:
    (Sorry to get off-topic LL.) 😔

AB Forum loves you and all your topics, never forget that.

• Those maps are truly astounding, @AudioGus!

My 92 year-old father (a second generation California native) can't recall a fire season like this.

It's as though the entire west coast is in flames. Sadly the Peak of the fire season has yet to arrive.

• @SNystrom ... were you off topic? The topics come and go speaking of Michelangelo.

• edited September 2020

@motmeister said:
    Here in Oregon so much of the inferno is still 0% contained. The air quality, as in California, is off the charts. And there are many stories of friends whose houses have burned. One friend posted a video taken from the hwy as they rolled past their address (mckenzie fire). Burned trees, no houses visible. Here in the City of Eugene OR, the ash is literally piling up in the street in places. The COVID masks are now doubling as protection against inhaling particulates. I’d like to say “life goes on”, but atm it’s at a standstill. The grocery store I frequent had a sign in front that they were closed due to bad air quality. I assume that every time their door opened, more smoke was getting inside.

A change in wind direction would help a lot, but the local weather report says it will be at least Monday, if even then.

I had a food package from Amazon scheduled to be delivered yesterday and got a notice that there were delivery problems and they cancelled the order (“something happened to your package in transit and we’ve cancelled the order...”).

Our home is at least safe... i send my thoughts to anyone who isn’t.

• 4 people arrested for arson so far in CA, OR and WA. I’m in southern CA and so far just dealing with worst air quality in 30 years, red sun and it looking like sunset at 3pm because of how dark skies are getting. I have a kid at home with asthma so we haven’t been outside for days. The truth is that almost all wildfires are set by people either intentionally or accidentally but the the thought that people are intentionally setting them during an extreme heat wave when risk is so high is disgusting

• @rms13 said:
    4 people arrested for arson so far in CA, OR and WA. I’m in southern CA and so far just dealing with worst air quality in 30 years, red sun and it looking like sunset at 3pm because of how dark skies are getting. I have a kid at home with asthma so we haven’t been outside for days. The truth is that almost all wildfires are set by people either intentionally or accidentally but the the thought that people are intentionally setting them during an extreme heat wave when risk is so high is disgusting

I am curious about the arson claims I have been hearing. Are there any sources for that? Latest I could find is this https://globalnews.ca/news/7330872/us-wildfires-misinformation/

• @AudioGus said:

@rms13 said:
    4 people arrested for arson so far in CA, OR and WA. I’m in southern CA and so far just dealing with worst air quality in 30 years, red sun and it looking like sunset at 3pm because of how dark skies are getting. I have a kid at home with asthma so we haven’t been outside for days. The truth is that almost all wildfires are set by people either intentionally or accidentally but the the thought that people are intentionally setting them during an extreme heat wave when risk is so high is disgusting

I am curious about the arson claims I have been hearing. Are there any sources for that? Latest I could find is this https://globalnews.ca/news/7330872/us-wildfires-misinformation/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8721359/Evacuate-Wildfires-grow-Oregon-500K-flee.html

• @rms13 said:

@AudioGus said:

@rms13 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8721359/Evacuate-Wildfires-grow-Oregon-500K-flee.html

Thanks! They would make a lovely couple.