Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Event 09/15/'20

I am on a hunt for an ipad. Are they going to reveal a new Ipad? Is it going to be something worth waiting on?

Comments

• No one knows for sure, not even the 'leakers' but it's highly likely that some new iPads will drop...
    Remains to be seen if any of them will still have the 3.5mm headphone jack :)

• I really hope they start putting usb-c on iphones soon too, but I read that it's not happening yet.

• edited September 2020

@Carnbot said:
    I really hope they start putting usb-c on iphones soon too, but I read that it's not happening yet.

I think the next step for the iPhones will be the removal of all ports...
    ...maybe not this year but it will eventually happen to make it even more 'secure' and waterproof or something...

The Lightning port or actually any port is a potential 'security risk' so removing them would make the devices even more secure for the paranoid humanoids...

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:
    I really hope they start putting usb-c on iphones soon too, but I read that it's not happening yet.

I think the next step for the iPhones will be the removal of all ports...
    ...maybe not this year but it will eventually happen to make it even more 'secure' and waterproof or something...

The Lightning port or actually any port is a potential 'security risk' so removing them would make the devices even more secure for the paranoid humanoids...

Yeah I read that too, i hope they see sense because it stops it from being any kind of pro device.

• @Carnbot said:

Yeah I read that too, i hope they see sense because it stops it from being any kind of pro device.

At least 'Mr. Courage' (Phil Schiller) is now just an 'Apple Fellow' so hopefully he'll no longer be able to do too much damage to the iDevices by removing stuff from them.

Next Tuesday we'll know more...

If the 3.5mm jack goes the iPad Air 3 will be a valid candidate as my next iPad...
    ...or even the 10.2" regular iPad.

The older models usually go on a nice salespree when newer devices drop, as long as stocks last...

• Well, there's this from MacRumors:

"According to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, Apple will not announce the iPhone until October, which means the September event could instead feature new iPads and Apple Watch models. BuzzFeed's John Paczkowski has confirmed in a tweet that says "Don't hold your breath for the new ‌iPhone‌."

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/09/08/apple-september-15-event-ipad-apple-watch/

• Apparently iPad sales have already started:

"We’re less than one week away from Apple announcing its newest devices, but right now you can get the latest iPad Pros for less at Amazon. The online retailer has the 256GB 11-inch iPad Pro for $50 off, bringing the price down to $850. The top-of-the-line 1TB 12.9-inch iPad Pro is also on sale thanks to an automatically applied digital coupon that knocks $64.51 off its $1,499 price tag. But if you can live without the updates in the 2020 models, B&H Photo is having a sale on select models of the previous-gen iPad Pro, dropping prices to as low as $799."

https://www.engadget.com/apple-ipad-pro-sale-amazon-bh-photo-130616786.html

• Some speculartion about possible new iPads:

What Apple's next iPad could bring
    You've probably already made your back-to-school purchases, but Apple might be delivering a new iPad anyway.

https://www.cnet.com/news/what-apples-next-ipad-could-bring/

• There was supposed to be an event on Tuesday, but the event turned out to be an announcement for an event a week later.

Watches and iPads were rumoured, but while watches are unavailable from the Store, iPads are still for sale, so I’d be surprised if they drop new ones anytime soon.

I’m up for a new one so hope to be proved wrong - a new Air would be great, but I don’t fancy losing the headphone socket.

• Usually the September event is for phones, and iPad are announced in October. Maybe it's the other way around this year.

• Thanks guys!

• Logic on iPad please? I always hope, I'm always disappointed :(

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

At least 'Mr. Courage' (Phil Schiller) is now just an 'Apple Fellow' so hopefully he'll no longer be able to do too much damage to the iDevices by removing stuff from them.

Next Tuesday we'll know more...

If the 3.5mm jack goes the iPad Air 3 will be a valid candidate as my next iPad...
    ...or even the 10.2" regular iPad.

The older models usually go on a nice salespree when newer devices drop, as long as stocks last...

Just recently Filmic pro app updated with clean hdmi out support. The iphone would make a great 4K hdmi feed but it's restricted to 1080p over lightning. I'm not so bothered about the headphone jack. It would be nice to have one but I can live without it and use adapters. It's the ports I'm more concerned with. :)

• From 9-t-5 Mac:

"Apple is reportedly developing a new iPad Air model that features an edge-to-edge display. This would serve as a middle-ground option between the $329 iPad and the iPad Pro. The new iPad Air could reportedly feature Touch ID authentication built into the power button for the first time.

The new iPad Air could also feature USB-C connectivity instead of Lightning connectivity, again closing the gap between it and the iPad Pro.

Assuming these reports pan out, it would represent a major upgrade for the iPad Air line, which certainly looks a tad dated compared to the iPad Pro. Giving it the more modern slim bezel look would also help to distance it further from the lowest-end iPad."

• @McD said:
    From 9-t-5 Mac:

"Apple is reportedly developing a new iPad Air model that features an edge-to-edge display. This would serve as a middle-ground option between the $329 iPad and the iPad Pro. The new iPad Air could reportedly feature Touch ID authentication built into the power button for the first time.

The new iPad Air could also feature USB-C connectivity instead of Lightning connectivity, again closing the gap between it and the iPad Pro.

Assuming these reports pan out, it would represent a major upgrade for the iPad Air line, which certainly looks a tad dated compared to the iPad Pro. Giving it the more modern slim bezel look would also help to distance it further from the lowest-end iPad."

Is this a recent comment? Air3 isn't dated.

• Well, I don't know about you guys...but I don't care about the edge to edge display ( as long as it has the same functional surface/size ) as in the other models...and of course, if better chip/memory ...

• @McD said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Is this a recent comment? Air3 isn't dated.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/08/27/ipad-air-4-pamphlet/

Ah... my bad... "looks dated" which is true.
    Thanks for the link 👍

• I would buy a mini pro.

• I wonder if the ‘low end’ iPad (iPad 8) will retain the 3.5mm headphine jack?
    It will likely get the A12 chip so it will ge a valid candidate for me...

Tomorrow we’ll get to know for sure.