Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THU—Holy Grail for Fender sound

Comments

• Sweet dude! I just brewed my very first batch of beer, went straight for the BIAB. It’s going to be really bad...

Nah it'll be fine. What's BIAB? Brew in a bag? Where was your gig in Denver?

@Bootsy I also got my buddy who lives in Yakima to mail me some Yakima Chief hops. Who does that for their first ever batch?? An idiot that’s who.

• @Bootsy said:
    @JoyceRoadStudios, I'm the Brewer at Oasis Brewing in the Highlands area of Northwest Denver. We put a brewery in a 87 year old church that was destined to be torn down, but they gave it historical status so it became the reborn oasis. Oasis was one of the original micros back in 1992 in Boulder. And gave me my first pro brewing gig in 1999 to 2002. 16 yrs and several breweries later I came full circle. We've been open here since March 2018. Wynkoop is what got me into this whole craft brews and brewing. We had our first snow storm and cold yesterday September 8th. Went from 95 on Monday to 35 for a high yesterday.

I love Colorado! Worked in Boulder a few years ago, all I remember is Snarf’s Sandwiches and happy hour at Kitchen next door. And a free meal at Frasca. Next summer I’m working in Central City and I promise to visit your brewery. Will bring the wife, she loves beer!

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:
    @JoyceRoadStudios, I'm the Brewer at Oasis Brewing in the Highlands area of Northwest Denver. We put a brewery in a 87 year old church that was destined to be torn down, but they gave it historical status so it became the reborn oasis. Oasis was one of the original micros back in 1992 in Boulder. And gave me my first pro brewing gig in 1999 to 2002. 16 yrs and several breweries later I came full circle. We've been open here since March 2018. Wynkoop is what got me into this whole craft brews and brewing. We had our first snow storm and cold yesterday September 8th. Went from 95 on Monday to 35 for a high yesterday.

I love Colorado! Worked in Boulder a few years ago, all I remember is Snarf’s Sandwiches and happy hour at Kitchen next door. And a free meal at Frasca. Next summer I’m working in Central City and I promise to visit your brewery. Will bring the wife, she loves beer!

I know that snarfs! I also was the meadmaker at Redstone Meadery in Boulder 07 to 2012. Use to hit that snarfs back then. Definitely hit me up when your in Colo. what will you be doing in Central City?

• @Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

I know that snarfs! I also was the meadmaker at Redstone Meadery in Boulder 07 to 2012. Use to hit that snarfs back then. Definitely hit me up when your in Colo. what will you be doing in Central City?

Rigoletto... unless of course the pandemic is still happening. Then every live musician in America will still be unemployed.

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

Rigoletto... unless of course the pandemic is still happening. Then every live musician in America will still be unemployed.

Damn! so you're an opera singer? What part of the county do you live now?

• edited September 2020

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

Damn! so you're an opera singer? What part of the county do you live now?

I live in Harlem now with my wife and 13 month old son, but I grew up in San Francisco. Way back in the day like 14-19 years ago I played rhythm guitar in a bunch of local bands, but singing opera became my job. Get to travel most of the year, but just like every performer now I’m indefinitely unemployed. Literally lost 9 contracts this year... poof cancelled. Central City got postponed from this summer to next. So the home studio is back in action! I guess I have an album’s worth of mediocre songs I’m recording, maybe one is good we shall see.

@flo26 said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Schmotown said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    I strongly believe that this is the future of live performing, not just recording. Apps like Overloud and Ge Labs have great midi mapping, Bias has also implemented it. Maybe Nembrini will get its own rig loader, but it can be toggled with midi in AUM. The important thing is for these apps to be stable standalone and as AUv3. So you get an audio interface like the XTone Pro for $250 on the ground, not only does it have 6 midi footswitches programmable with at least 18 combinations like a pedal board and an expression pedal in, but it has XLR out, monitor L/R out, and headphone out, and another in with phantom power plus a midi in/out. So with your favorite guitar rig and pedals all mapped out, you’re going into the the house PA with the xlr out, and monitoring yourself onstage simultaneously. Without a PA you just plug into a good speaker on stage... this is the future, Overloud etc with iPad/iPhone on your mic stand, not a laptop. Interface out into the house and your stage monitor, that’s it! Portable and awesome, and with today’s tech the tone and responsiveness can compete with real amps. Plus you get to fuse your recording and performing set up together.

Exactly, @JoyceRoadStudios Earlier this year, I resolved to learn how to use the iPad as a recording platform and amp replacement. I already owned a "proper" interface but I chose the Xtone Smart Stomp for the reasons you described and because it's small enough to use anywhere.

It was a pretty steep curve at first. I was used to micing amps and tracking in Logic on a Mac and I didn't feel like I was getting a decent tone until I got into the Nembrini and TH-U sims, further refined by ideas from @flo26 and others, like using Ownhammer cab IRs. (I'd have been adrift without the advice from people on this forum!)

I play in a neighborhood band that gets together almost every week (outside on my driveway, 10 feet apart). A few weeks ago, I bought an 8" Headrush FRFR speaker, strapped it to the iPad and Xtone, and debuted the new rig, actually dozens of rigs, for the other guys. We all love tube amps and we were seriously impressed. Clean, raunchy... it all sounded great. I haven't programmed the midi switches on the Xtone but I look forward to doing that soon.

I don't think I'd go to a real gig without something like a Quilter as a backup but like you said, this is looking more and more like the future of live performing.

Great to know about your positive experience. Midi mapping the footswitches in Overloud seems super intuitive and stable, and there appears to be no latency with that either.
    I have an Xtone on the way! I’m also getting in on the Ownhammer IRs tonight.

For a live setting and in lieu of a traditional guitar amp, @flo26 would still choose something like a Rivera attenuator/load box before an iPad, not unlike the Quilter you mention. He has one of the fancier ones with the
    11-band eq speaker emulator. The biggest challenge for sims, according to him, is recreating how the air moves with a real amp/cab and therefore how it would cut in a real club above drums and bass etc... I think we could get there eventually with PAs and speakers, and certainly for professional studio recording iOS sims are 100% legit.

No,no,@joyceRoadStudio,i use the rivera load box before a TUBE amp!
    The load box is useless with an ipad.it only works with tube amps.
    With the ipad,i only use my apogee quartet.

By before I meant instead of, not physically before, as in your preference in a live setting. “Before” as an expression of preference is an Americanism.

Your preference for live shows:
    1. Amp
    2. Load box
    3. iPad

Sorry for the confusion!

Sorry for the misunderstanding😉.

• edited September 2020

@McD said:
    I always loved the Elliot Randall solo on "Reelin' in the Years" and Dean Parks "Peg" solo. They always
    found and got great guitar soloists.

@McD that was Jay Graydon on Peg. Bet you’ll enjoy this...

• There is another video on YouTube with Fagan and Becker sitting the the recording console listening to other players attempts at Peg solos.

There were some laughably feeble attempts in there.

It's certainly one of the more original and unique solos ever!

• I found it!

Ancient video, that's very insightful about how Fagan and Becker went about selecting musicians to come to the studio and give it a shot.

The solos discussion starts at the 5:00 mark.

• @Schmotown Thanks for that Jay Graydon - Peg solo link.. awesome stuff! Can’t imagine any other solo over those changes.. it was perfect..👍

• Say it ain't so!

"“You’ll see all Fender amps on the stage, but they are what we call in the hot-rod community - because I am a big car guy - they are like sleepers, which is basically if you pull up next to a car and maybe your grandmother might be driving it but it has 800hp under the hood,” Shepherd said.

“What I have done over the years is I have been working with Alexander Dumble, and he has been building me a variety of amplifiers, and every one of them serves a different purpose and has its own unique sound. He basically uses the cabinet and the chassis and everything from that point forward is proprietary to him.

"He completely hand-wires his own circuit, his own design. He is building his own amplifier from scratch on the inside. It is remarkable, the sounds he has been providing me with.

“That’s the one thing that’s worth the investment in tone," Shepherd continued. "I know there is a lot of hype around Dumble and his stuff, but most of the time when there is that kind of hype, it's there for a reason. It's the biggest investment in my sound that I have made in the last decade."

https://www.guitarplayer.com/news/turns-out-kenny-wayne-shepherds-onstage-fender-amps-are-dumbles-in-disguise?utm_source=Selligent&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=22982&utm_content=Guitar_Player_eNews_9/10/20+&utm_term=1405129&m_i=8UYcYEzMEJNCcQaX+KbnmGtUgRQ6qKXXo6+Kzw05ef_wzkbemJXRc5mETryk1sdJWlnBXT6xR78JBN1Cq7xTUBISCGgPJx888H

• @Schmotown said:

@McD said:
    I always loved the Elliot Randall solo on "Reelin' in the Years" and Dean Parks "Peg" solo. They always
    found and got great guitar soloists.

@McD that was Jay Graydon on Peg. Bet you’ll enjoy this...

Good catch... I used my memory and that's been a problem lately.
    The alternate takes on that tune just sound like bad jokes compared to Jay's chordal invention.
    Only a guitar can easily make those sounds. MPE keyboards might get close.

• @SNystrom said:
    There is another video on YouTube with Fagan and Becker sitting the the recording console listening to other players attempts at Peg solos.

I also like the fact that Jay never cut his hair and still looks like a Beach Boy, So Cal mall rat.

• @McD said:

@SNystrom said:
    There is another video on YouTube with Fagan and Becker sitting the the recording console listening to other players attempts at Peg solos.

I also like the fact that Jay never cut his hair and still looks like a Beach Boy, So Cal arcade rat.

• The best information I can find about the elusive Alexander Dumble and his amps comes from the
    Robben Ford interview of GuitarWank. The GuitarWank gang gets Robbed drunk in real time and he
    tells the best stories about:

Joni Mitchell (he introduced her to Jaco),
    Miles,
    his feelings about the Major 7th and why he just won't use it (it sound too much like cocktail jazz)
    why he will only write songs
    moving from LA to Nashville
    and the secrets of mastering chords at a young age (It's a book that's no longer published, What?!)

https://www.guitarwank.com/podcast/episode/826e0478/guitarwank-episode-9946-november-6th-2018-robben-ford

https://www.guitarwank.com/podcast/episode/8517d7cd/guitarwank-episode-9947-november-13th-2018-robben-ford

https://www.guitarwank.com/podcast/episode/85f3f739/guitarwank-episode-151-jan-1st-2019-robben-ford

• The best information I remember finding about Alexander Dumble is that hilarious and cringe-worthy series of Henry Kaiser videos from the 80's where he decides to make one of the world's most coveted effects sound like absolute trash with thousands of dollars of cheesy rack effects.

Meandering back on topic - I had some bad initial impressions with Overloud posted a few days ago, but after experimenting some more and changing out to my Behringer UMC204HD interface (in lieu of the Apogee JAM), I actually got some really great sounds. Oh, and adding the Eventide Spring Reverb plugin to the mix also helped a ton.

• @StormJH1 said:
    I had some bad initial impressions with Overloud posted a few days ago

We are all perfectly capable of making TH-U sound like shit. It's probably my greatest talent...
    proving it's NOT the equipment. It's the player. I'm the example of someone that buys the right
    products but makes them sound like the cheapest garbage at the store. And yet I have NEVER been
    asked to endorse by a single vendor after thousands of $'s invested and thrown away.

• @McD said:

@StormJH1 said:
    I had some bad initial impressions with Overloud posted a few days ago

We are all perfectly capable of making TH-U sound like shit. It's probably my greatest talent...
    proving it's NOT the equipment. It's the player. I'm the example of someone that buys the right
    products but makes them sound like the cheapest garbage at the store. And yet I have NEVER been
    asked to endorse by a single vendor after thousands of $'s invested and thrown away.

Haha thanks for the support! I've been hacking around for 20 years, on and off, and it's absolutely crazy how you can play some days and think "Why do I even play guitar?". I'm also not "tech stupid", yet I make some of the dumbest errors, like not even recognizing that I have no cabinet simulation turned on.

• @McD said:
    The best information I can find about the elusive Alexander Dumble and his amps comes from the
    Robben Ford interview of GuitarWank. The GuitarWank gang gets Robbed drunk in real time and he
    tells the best stories about:

Joni Mitchell (he introduced her to Jaco),
    Miles,
    his feelings about the Major 7th and why he just won't use it (it sound too much like cocktail jazz)
    why he will only write songs
    moving from LA to Nashville
    and the secrets of mastering chords at a young age (It's a book that's no longer published, What?!)

https://www.guitarwank.com/podcast/episode/826e0478/guitarwank-episode-9946-november-6th-2018-robben-ford

https://www.guitarwank.com/podcast/episode/8517d7cd/guitarwank-episode-9947-november-13th-2018-robben-ford

https://www.guitarwank.com/podcast/episode/85f3f739/guitarwank-episode-151-jan-1st-2019-robben-ford

Speaking of Dumble, just a friendly reminder that the Overloud TH-U Vintage Collection Vol. 1 comes with 12 rigs of a Dumble Overdrive Special! YouTube videos and rare live shows are the closest most of us will ever come to hearing one, and these rigs are the closest we’ll come to playing one. In videos and demos a real Dumble has such a great voice that’s responsive and can be both dry and muscular. And the slight overdrive break has this signature in the way two notes interact, like two farts fighting for dominance. Some other amps have this too like a Bassman, where the overdrive sounds like purring turbine engines rather than crispy steel. It’s hard to explain but it’s so special. Anyway the Overloud rigs recreate this well. The overdriven rigs really ring out in the pocket and have that uncompromising soft overdrive purr that clashes. And I ran the clean rigs with a Brunetti Vanilla pedal with great success. These rigs made my Les Paul sound pretty Stratty. Of course it’s hard to recreate the responsiveness and dynamics of any tube amp, and the sims can sound a little digitally harsh sometimes in their attempt. The Dumble rigs can certainly be dialed in to great effect, they sound quite colorful as presented.

Speaking of Dumble, just a friendly reminder that the Overloud TH-U Vintage Collection Vol. 1 comes with 12 rigs of a Dumble Overdrive Special!

And in the TH-U Full product you will also find the 'Tumble ODS Clean' and 'Tumble ODS Drive' amp sims. In addition to the typical Dumble knobs, these amp sims have selections of pre- and poweramp tubes and variac setting.

• @Tim6502 said:
    And in the TH-U Full product you will also find the 'Tumble ODS Clean' and 'Tumble ODS Drive' amp sims. In addition to the typical Dumble knobs, these amp sims have selections of pre- and poweramp tubes and variac setting.

@Tim6502 thanks for pointing this out. Between TH-U, Nembrini, @flo26, et al there isn't nearly enough time to explore all of the amps, especially when it's so easy to get lost inside just one of them for an hour. The Dumbles in the Vintage Collection sound really good but I'll have to go mess around with the Tumbles.

• Revisiting this thread, which is a real wealth of information about Overloud, but also iOS guitar in general. I've had some additional time to work with Overloud, as well as a couple of Nembrini amps and Gain Stage Vintage Clean. (Not to get off-topic, but the GS Vintage Clean is pretty great for $5.99 USD. It's a one-trick pony compared to Overloud, but part of me wishes there were just a few more of these simple plugin amps, as opposed to trying to work with a whole standalone guitar app within AUM).

Page 5 of this thread talks quite a bit about input levels - I think this is one of the toughest things for novice guitarists (or even experienced hobbyists learning a new modeler) to get right. Your input levels can vary dramatically depending on the guitar, interface, and app signal chain used. And if they're wrong, your tone can range from anemic to clipped out/destroyed. My input levels do NOT clip out in the red, but they do seem higher than expected. I'm still new to using my interface (Behringer UMC204HD with guitar). Results are better than with the Apogee Jam, but it has an input gain knob, a toggle for instrument/line level, and then "Pad" button that I think just hacks 10dB off whatever you have it set at. There's a multi-color indicator light on the input jack (similar to the Apogee), so I am certain I am not clipping into the interface. But the signal is then run into AUM and into Overloud from there, so there are other opportunities for things to go wrong. I'll need to explore that a little more.

One thing I've been pleasantly surprised by with Overloud is that more complex signal chains within the app do not seem to demand much more CPU! I decided to try and recreate the "Edge" preset I made on my $600 HX Stomp...and considering I was using only probably about $80 worth of apps (AUM, Overloud with a couple IAP's, Eventide Spring Reverb, THAFKNAR to load IR cab), it sounded really quite close to what I got with Helix.

At this point, I really don't want to invest in a ton more content. I really think spending to unlock all of the effects or amps would be a waste, so I'm trying to see if there are one or two $4.99 amp or effect purchases that would expand my abilities. Really tough to narrow it down like that, however.

• @StormJH1 said:
    At this point, I really don't want to invest in a ton more content. I really think spending to unlock all of the effects or amps would be a waste, so I'm trying to see if there are one or two $4.99 amp or effect purchases that would expand my abilities. Really tough to narrow it down like that, however.

If you can describe your favorite amp hardware we can shoot some advice. I found the $18
    Funk and R&B collection to get really cost effective for clean to crunchy options. For more classic Rock there's another bundle and another for Metal. These bundles get you a lot of amps, FX and cabs at a fraction of the $5 each pricing. With ala crate you'd probably spend
    $20 just to get 1 distortion/overdrive, 2 amps and 1 reverb/delay. So for $2 you get a LOT more. Many of the Rig products cover vast areas of tone, FX and cabs in the $15-25 range.
    Just target the amp vendor you covet for a Rig bundle (Marshall, Fender, Vox, Mesa...)

• @McD - Thanks man! I do have the Funk/R & B, and that was a pretty good choice. In terms of effects, I think you are probably right that before I buy any individual ones, I need to rule out that it's not just a better option to go $23 USD for the "all FX" or "all distortion/overdrive" option. The pricing scheme really disfavors piecemeal purchases. At the same time, I struggle because I have some pretty good Eventide and Nembrini reverb and delay effects that I've purchased - I feel like those are better than what would be in Overloud. So am I going to pay money to buy duplicate effects for the sake of convenience (or CPU efficiency)?

In terms of versatility, some of the the rigs look really interesting. Any thoughts on the following?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Overloud/Rig+Libs/Vintage+Collection+1+Rig+List.pdf

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Overloud/Rig+Libs/Vintage+Collection+2+Rig+List.pdf

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Overloud/Rig+Libs/American+Classics+Rig+List.pdf

Is it just me, or do the rig libraries actually offer a bunch of amp captures that are not available as modeled amps you can purchase in Overloud? I'm seeing a Twin Twelve, Fender Bassbreaker 30, and whole bunch of different Fenders. And the three listed above are only $15 each.

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

@StormJH1 said:
    Is it just me, or do the rig libraries actually offer a bunch of amp captures that are not available as modeled amps you can purchase in Overloud? I'm seeing a Twin Twelve, Fender Bassbreaker 30, and whole bunch of different Fenders. And the three listed above are only $15 each.

I have a couple of the ones listed and the Rigs created by ChopTones put them all to shame.
    ChopTones must have a better model for capturing real hardware rigs. @JoyceRoadStudios
    purchased dozens of rigs. I'm a Fender guy and got the ChopTones Fender Stereo Reverb.
    My next purchase will probably be the ChopTones Tone Master Imperial.

I got the FX Bundle because I like the TH-U user interface and stopped adding a ton of extra FX in AUM. I just add Barricade as a limiter and sometimes Magic Death Eye for extra warmth.

As a jazz lover the $5 on the PolyPhone Mini is heavenly. It makes my Telecaster with extra-light strings sound more likema Gibson semi-hollowbody. Neat trick.So, much for a country chicken picker guitar.

I actually have a PolyTone amp in storage but I get some of that sound in my headphones at midnight now and the Telecaster is always close at hand because it's my $150 used guitar... a Mexican Fender.

This will make the case for the accuracy of some of the $5 amps compared to the real deal. The Randall Lynchboxes are also epic re-creations. There are a LOT of LynchBox models: Clean, Tweed, Plexi, etc.

Forgive my clumsy playing...

• @McD said:

I have a couple of the ones listed and the Rigs created by ChopTones put them all to shame.
    ChopTones must have a better model for capturing real hardware rigs. @JoyceRoadStudios
    purchased dozens of rigs. I'm a Fender guy and got the ChopTones Fender Stereo Reverb.
    My next purchase will probably be the ChopTones Tone Master Imperial.

I got the FX Bundle because I like the TH-U user interface and stopped adding a ton of extra FX in AUM. I just add Barricade as a limiter and sometimes Magic Death Eye for extra warmth.

As a jazz lover the $5 on the PolyPhone Mini is heavenly. It makes my Telecaster with extra-light strings sound more likema Gibson semi-hollowbody. Neat trick.So, much for a country chicken picker guitar.

I actually have a PolyTone amp in storage but I get some of that sound in my headphones at midnight now and the Telecaster is always close at hand because it's my $150 used guitar... a Mexican Fender.

This will make the case for the accuracy of some of the $5 amps compared to the real deal. The Randall Lynchboxes are also epic re-creations. There are a LOT of LynchBox models: Clean, Tweed, Plexi, etc.

Forgive my clumsy playing...

Very nice! Yeah, definitely would not have had me guessing that was a Telecaster! Nice compression and warmth on that clean tone, also.

I just had another play with Overloud, and it seems like every time I fire it up, I learn another trick or two and get it to sound even better. What I would say about the "standalone Overloud" versus "Overloud in AUM with other effects" is that I'm really in love with some of the Eventide plugins right now. The money I probably would've sunk into a the FX pack went directly into Eventide Blackhole, Shimmer, Spring, Micropitch, and Crushstation. And they are just phenomenal - something like Crushstation as an iOS plugin with guitar is like having a $500 synth pedal with perfect tracking. And, viewed from someone who loves to dabble with synths and drum machines as much as guitars (without ever managing to "create" anything), the Eventide plugins are useful for just about anything you could throw at them in AUM. So the Overloud effects are "cheaper" by comparison, but realistically, they only have value to me if I'm playing guitar - and playing guitar using Overloud, specifically.

The Super Reverb and Dumble are very tempting for the kind of stuff I like. The appeal of some of these rig packages, however, is that they actually cover quite a wide variety of styles. I'll sleep on a bit and then maybe then decide on one I want to try. Thanks!

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

@StormJH1 said:
    The Super Reverb and Dumble are very tempting for the kind of stuff I like. The appeal of some of these rig packages, however, is that they actually cover quite a wide variety of styles. I'll sleep on a bit and then maybe then decide on one I want to try. Thanks!

A Dumble Rig might be nice but the Dumble Amps are meh. Is there a Dumble rig? ChopTones or LHS? I suspect one of the Randall Lynchboxes might get the closest to a real
    Dumble. There are so many Dumbles... I like the Robben Ford version based on his Fender
    Bassman hardware of the 70's that Alexander Dumble loved too and designed the first
    Dumble for Robben. Robben still tours with that amp.

• Yes, the Vintage Collection Vol 1 has 12 Dumble rigs plus “SRV” ones and a bunch of Fenders. That might be the first one to check out.

• @StormJH1 GS Vintage Clean is just phenomenal, one of the very best clean sounds on iOS and a steal for the price.

The thing about the Overloud Rigs is that they are modeled after capturing those actual specific amps, and the cabinets are also IRs from real cabs. The amp and cab sims in the full pack and bundles on the other hand are emulations or approximations of a model or an original creation. The rig is recreating from an actual real amp, a sim is modeling an idea, if that makes sense. This is why a rig is recreating a capture, so you have like 100 “rigs”, but the sim is an amp algorithm that’s adjusted from scratch. The cab sims are also emulations, not IRs.

As @McD mentioned, the Choptones rigs have the highest quality sound, they seem the most present, full, and real. I did find one or two of them that were duds, but that had to do with the amp model not the quality of the capture. The BHS and LRS rigs are also good. The TH-U rigs are hit or miss for me, some of them sound quite muffled, distant, and thin. I really like the Vintage Rigs Vol. 1 so far, and that has the Dumbles. They’re never gonna be a real Dumble especially since each was extremely custom and sounds one of a kind, but the Dumble rigs do sound good and if you think about it, they’re actually modeled after having a real Dumble in the room, so we get to play that. So far I’m disappointed in the sound quality of the American Classics rig, but I’m inclined to try again. My advice is wait on a sale for the full pack and the rigs, or get whatever makes you curious. I think the interesting thing is all these sims and rigs are not all the same. Each has distinct color, responsiveness to picking, and unique interaction with each player’s style.

Nembrini are single amp masterpieces, total steals especially on sale. But they’re not trying to be a full Overloud universe that can do chains and midi pedal board “in-house”. I think Nembrini will eventually put out a native rig loader to chain all their products, and an IR loader.