Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spectrum synth doesn't load in AUM

Fellows, help needed. I tried to reinstall app and reload iPad but story was the same - Resonator and Modal works as they should, Spectrum doesn't want to load. It's the first time I came across this, other auv3 synths and fx seems fine.
I'm on Air 1 and iOS 12.3

Comments

• Air 1 with IOS 12.4.5 here. I get the same error. Clicking on reload seems to help, at least for the session.

• Air2 latest iOS and AUM. No problems loading and using here.

• iPad Air 1 with iOS 12.4.5. Spectrum 0.62 AU loads and runs fine in AudioBus 3.4.15. So this may be specific to AUM on the older iOS version.

• No problem here whether in the first node or the effects node of AUM.

iPad Pro 1st gen iOS 13.3

• Just tried it with Cubasis 2 and it’s a same story

• edited March 2020

Expired beta version? Although i guess this will include all modules...

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Expired beta version? Although i guess this will include all modules...

nope, this is from appstore

• iPad Air 1, 12.4.5, all good

• So... strange though... I tried a couple more times, and at first load I can get it in the same state, but if I remove it and/or reload it, it seems ok..

• I have got similar results, same setup... could be unsaved state or preset?
    Annoying it is. @lazyass
    Maybe @burns_audio can shed some light?
    :) > @iammane said:

So... strange though... I tried a couple more times, and at first load I can get it in the same state, but if I remove it and/or reload it, it seems ok..

• Yeah weird thing is though it's actually a freshly set up iPad, fresh project in Aum. I haven't tried any other hosts (really scared to try any real work on my Air 1 lol....)

• edited September 2020

Anyone else have this issue with Spectrum synth in AUM?
    When i try to change the program it always reverts immediately back to the default ‘analog’ program immediately. Ive tried both ways of changing it, same result.
    @burns_audio
    Edit: seems hes not around here anymore.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@Bill_Brasky said:
    When i try to change the program it always reverts immediately back to the default ‘analog’ program immediately. Ive tried both ways of changing it, same result.
    @burns_audio

I'm not having this problem.

Are you sure you don't have anything that could be sending midi cc 5 to spectrum? That's mapped to the Algorithm (program) setting.

• @wim said:

@Bill_Brasky said:
    @burns_audio

Are you sure you don't have anything that could be sending midi cc 5 to spectrum? That's mapped to the Algorithm (program) setting.

Nope, all clear. I hadnt used it in many months and this never occurred before iirc.

• @Bill_Brasky said:

@wim said:

@Bill_Brasky said:
    @burns_audio

Nope, all clear. I hadnt used it in many months and this never occurred before iirc.

Might want to send him an email. His address is in his web site:

https://burns.ca/spectrum.html

• Just did a quick test on iPad 6 iOS 13.7 and all is well here