Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Small White Spot on iPad Pro2

Just noticed a small white circle maybe a 1/16” in diameter on my Pro2. I have heard of this before. It’s not a problem now, but what is the prognosis? Of course my warranty just ran out.

Could it possibly be the screen saver?

Comments

• 16" or 1.6" or.....? near the home button? IIRC you bought a 2017 iPad Pro 12.9"?

• Haha @Sequencer1, that would be a problem!! 1/16” on a 10.5 Pro2 bought about two and a half years ago. I have since read up and it apparently is a regular problem. If it stays as small, no issue. Do these thing grow?

• edited September 2020

Hmmm...

Have the same iPad Pro 10.5". Though I keep the brightness down @50% or less (no Auto brightness in Accessibility).
    Apple has finally acknowledged the issue; if it's a big deal to you, then talk your local Apple genius.

Yes, it grows, if you keep the brightness rather high.

• edited September 2020

Thanks for the info @Sequencer1. I assume if it is out of warranty then Apple won’t help, correct? Meanwhile, brightness diminished... just like my eyesight!

• Depends on the Apple rep & your attitude.

You'll do well.

• I’ve the white spot on my 10.5 for about a year, it hasn’t grown or caused any issues. However three are reports that eventually the touch sensitivity can fail, but that hasn’t happened to me yet.

I believe the Air 3 is also known to suffer from this issue.

On a side note I would say that the screen looks pretty rubbish once the spot develops, very uneven in brightness on the edges.

• Thank you @Sequencer1 and @richardyot. It’s pretty minor at the moment. But Jeez, I take better care of my iPads than I do my own body. And worry more about them, too!

• Recently refurbished 2017 iPad Pro 10.5s got the new 3-piece backplate assembly sometime after someone on Reddit complained & it gained traction on the interwebs. Sometime in early 2019 after the Air 3 was released. Air 3 eventually got the mod, IIRC. But never quote me on anything...

That's why we 'hardcore' iPad users need to be persistent. And email/message Apple/devs on a daily basis.

• The bottom of my 2017 12.9” has some white spots that seems like it’s something with the backlight. My guess is I have the Smart Keyboard and something has been causing the backlight to wear out there. The issue is occurring only in a few minor spots along the bottom close to where the magnet holds it to the Smart Keyboard.

I’m way out of warranty. It isn’t causing any problem. It has increased some, but not much and only just more along the bottom where the magnet connects.

• Thin. Thin. Thin. Make it as thin as possible. That's the problem. Anywhere there's added resistance will be an issue on the thinner iPads. Did I mention the white spots up top near the camera on the 2018 11" & 12.9" iPad Pro? I returned both. And the 2019 iPad Mini 5? I gave that to my Mom. How's the 2020 iPad Pro fairing with its advanced 3-camera assembly? I love iPads (but mostly for our amazing talented music devs), but for the love of God, Apple needs to wake up! 2mm thicker isn't bad! They're obsessed, & so are we!

• Sorry I forgot, what does "Pro" stand for?

• edited September 2020

Edit.

• edited September 2020

Edit.

• @Sequencer1 said:
    Thin. Thin. Thin. Make it as thin as possible. That's the problem. Anywhere there's added resistance will be an issue on the thinner iPads. Did I mention the white spots up top near the camera on the 2018 11" & 12.9" iPad Pro? I returned both. And the 2019 iPad Mini 5? I gave that to my Mom. How's the 2020 iPad Pro fairing with its advanced 3-camera assembly? I love iPads (but mostly for our amazing talented music devs), but for the love of God, Apple needs to wake up! 2mm thicker isn't bad! They're obsessed, & so are we!

I know. All this thin thin thin and no bezel no bezel no bezel. Never cared about any of that and they are trying their hardest to convince others to care. When i got my new at the time 10.5 pro it felt too thin compared to my old Air 1 which was easier to use while holding. Also no bezel makes it less flexible for drawing. It is just some sort of engineering dysmorphia at this point.

• @DMan said:
    The bottom of my 2017 12.9” has some white spots that seems like it’s something with the backlight. My guess is I have the Smart Keyboard and something has been causing the backlight to wear out there.

I've never used a smart keyboard with my 2017 12.9" Pro, and I have similar issues. This is my sheet music reader. Fortunately, I don't have a problem reading my music when on the job, but man this sucks.

• @Sequencer1 said:

@rs2000 said:
    Sorry I forgot, what does "Pro" stand for?

'Pro' means professional

Actually "Pro" is latin for the preposition "for".

Apple was going to call it the iPad Con but someone in marketing took the affirmative side and won the day.

When noosing you iPad across the room you should just use the english word and say "For".
    Most will instinctively duck.

Carry on. Back to the @LinearLineman's blind spot. I'll bet it's giving him fits in Cubasis For... oops, I was NOT supposed to mention he's beta testing "For". I hope they call it Cubasis Pro.
    Rumor has it "For" has support for the new "stink around" chipset that's the basis for smell-o-vision or iSmell for short.

• @McD, the spot disappears on a dark background. No problem with Cubasis.

• edited September 2020

@McD said:

@Sequencer1 said:

@rs2000 said:
    Sorry I forgot, what does "Pro" stand for?

'Pro' means professional

Actually "Pro" is latin for the preposition "for".

Apple was going to call it the iPad Con but someone in marketing took the affirmative side and won the day.

When noosing you iPad across the room you should just use the english word and say "For".
    Most will instinctively duck.

Carry on. Back to the @LinearLineman's blind spot. I'll bet it's giving him fits in Cubasis For... oops, I was NOT supposed to mention he's beta testing "For". I hope they call it Cubasis Pro.
    Rumor has it "For" has support for the new "stink around" chipset that's the basis for smell-o-vision or iSmell for short.

I have it on good authority that your disinformation campaign only serves to undermine the sanctity of our society.

• @AudioGus said:
    I have it on good authority that your disinformation campaign only serves to undermine the sanctity of our society.

I should be de-platformed. I took myself offline for 10 days once. It was a test of character and revealed my addiction but I have not taken steps to fix it.

Now that I'm "locked in" I need the diversion of making shit up.

• Making shit up has become de rigeur and pro forma on a national scale. The truth is only for suckers and losers, sayeth the Wise. You are hanging out with only the best people @McD.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD, the spot disappears on a dark background. No problem with Cubasis.

I have a tiny one over the x on my keyBoard. It is like a sexy little gap tooth, hubbah hubbah!