Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Observations

Comments

• It's a good album title ;)

• @iansainsbury said:

It's a good album title ;)

Actually, I think it IS a great title, and I have already added it to my huge list.

@MonzoPro As regards cruelty et. al. I agree, such a fine line between meanness and satire :) BUT I was walking along this beach at Little Dix on Virgin Gorda and Finn (who was then seven or so) ran into the midriff of a passing man who was wandering along with his girlfriend. Many British apologies and nervous laughter. Stage whisper from the American (Mrs Goodyear): Finn, that's Paul McCartney of The Beatles. Son, not so sotto voce: I thought they were dead people. Macca (for it was indeed he): Not yet......

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Little Dix on Virgin Gorda

It's taking a moment to process this one.

What a life, Mr Goodyear!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@iansainsbury said:

Actually, I think it IS a great title, and I have already added it to my huge list.

@MonzoPro As regards cruelty et. al. I agree, such a fine line between meanness and satire :) BUT I was walking along this beach at Little Dix on Virgin Gorda and Finn (who was then seven or so) ran into the midriff of a passing man who was wandering along with his girlfriend. Many British apologies and nervous laughter. Stage whisper from the American (Mrs Goodyear): Finn, that's Paul McCartney of The Beatles. Son, not so sotto voce: I thought they were dead people. Macca (for it was indeed he): Not yet......

:D Brilliant! I have a very vivd, strong memory of The Beatles standing outside the stage door of a theatre when they were still playing such places. I was still barely a toddler, and with my sister who's 17 years older than me. She used to take me out places all the time, and I recall her standing there talking to them while others were getting autographs.

She's always denied it, so probaby a false memory, but she's a shifty bugger so anything's possible.

But meeting Macca for real...that's a good one!

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@iansainsbury said:

:D Brilliant! I have a very vivd, strong memory of The Beatles standing outside the stage door of a theatre when they were still playing such places. I was still barely a toddler, and with my sister who's 17 years older than me. She used to take me out places all the time, and I recall her standing there talking to them while others were getting autographs.

She's always denied it, so probaby a false memory, but she's a shifty bugger so anything's possible.

I can't resist. Apologies for massive name-drop and one-upmanship in advance (but I'm still going to do it)... I've performed for Macca - a private party for twelve people. I even had five minutes chat with him at the bar afterwards. Still seems surreal.

• edited August 2020

@iansainsbury said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@iansainsbury said:

I can't resist. Apologies for massive name-drop and one-upmanship in advance (but I'm still going to do it)... I've performed for Macca - a private party for twelve people. I even had five minutes chat with him at the bar afterwards. Still seems surreal.

No don't apologise, I love hearing stories like this. Tell us more!

Generally I don't do 'star-struck' with musicians and other famous folk, but with someone like Macca I'd just be totally tongue-tied. Same with Lennon, if he'd still been alive - I couldn't begin to construct a sentence with those two - proper 'rock royalty', if there is such a thing. They'd be telling me about the time they met Elvis and recorded She Loves You, and I'd tell them all about my new £4.99 synth app.

• It was 2005 or 2006. His publicist saw me doing musical standup and booked me for a Christmas party. Wix Wickens was there. I didn’t quite have the nerve to do my gag about Ringo, but I did finish with my signature Andrew Lloyd Weber medley, played on sex toys. Any more details can only be furnished over a decent single malt, post COVID.

• edited August 2020

@iansainsbury said:
    It was 2005 or 2006. His publicist saw me doing musical standup and booked me for a Christmas party. Wix Wickens was there. I didn’t quite have the nerve to do my gag about Ringo, but I did finish with my signature Andrew Lloyd Weber medley, played on sex toys. Any more details can only be furnished over a decent single malt, post COVID.

That is just such a tease. Thanks for those stories. Tongue tied?! @MonzoPro I'd be in the toilet shaking and rinsing my face off with cold water. Proper musical hero there, and I don't have many.

• edited August 2020

@iansainsbury said:
    I did finish with my signature Andrew Lloyd Weber medley, played on sex toys.

Ah, the old Andrew Lloyd Weber sex toy medley!

@kinkujin said:

That is just such a tease. Thanks for those stories. Tongue tied?! @MonzoPro I'd be in the toilet shaking and rinsing my face off with cold water. Proper musical hero there, and I don't have many.

There's a good bit in one of the Gong Dreaming books by Daevid Allen. He was with the Soft Machine at the time, and after his gig ran into Lennon who was wandering around the (24 Hour Technicolour Dream) event, tripping. Allen was face to face with him, with Lennon staring intently at him through his little granny glasses. Allen, not exactly a shy person himself, couldn't cope with that gaze and ran off as fast as he could in the other direction. I've probably remembered this wrong...I'll see if I can dig out the book, but it matches how I'd feel about meeting him too.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    BUT I was walking along this beach at Little Dix on Virgin Gorda and Finn (who was then seven or so) ran into the midriff of a passing man who was wandering along with his girlfriend. Many British apologies and nervous laughter. Stage whisper from the American (Mrs Goodyear): Finn, that's Paul McCartney of The Beatles. Son, not so sotto voce: I thought they were dead people. Macca (for it was indeed he): Not yet......

Wow! :D This made my morning, haha! (Yes, I'm on the other side of the world...)

• "Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it."

—Brian Peter George St. John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno

• @JeffChasteen said:
    "Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it."

—Brian Peter George St. John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno

-Oblique Strategies

:)

• I’m always emphasizing my flaws. Anyone who has heard my music will tell you so.

• Hope you don’t get hit by the storms there Boss. Not in the same league, but had a sleepless night last night with 75mph winds trying to lift the roof off here!

• @MonzoPro said:

Hope you don’t get hit by the storms there Boss. Not in the same league, but had a sleepless night last night with 75mph winds trying to lift the roof off here!

Well, the upside for you must be that I;m not sure your OLD roof would have survived :) As for Laura, with any luck it'll somewhere bewteen Houston and New Orleans, avoiding both...

• edited August 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

Hope you don’t get hit by the storms there Boss. Not in the same league, but had a sleepless night last night with 75mph winds trying to lift the roof off here!

Well, the upside for you must be that I;m not sure your OLD roof would have survived :) As for Laura, with any luck it'll somewhere bewteen Houston and New Orleans, avoiding both...

Fingers crossed for you here.

Actually I drove past the old place today and it’s still intact. Was worried about the new one, as we hadn’t done a storm in it, but the porchy bits and roof held on. Was most worried about the big trees, but they seemed to have held on too - a lot of damage across the rest of the country though. Multiple storms and floods in August is a bit of a concern.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

Actually I drove past the old place today and it’s still intact. Was worried about the new one, as we hadn’t done a storm in it, but the porchy bits and roof held on. Was most worried about the big trees, but they seemed to have held on too - a lot of damage across the rest of the country though. Multiple storms and floods in August is a bit of a concern.

I know the joke is that we spend all our time talking about the weather but you REALLY have had a season or two these past months...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

I know the joke is that we spend all our time talking about the weather but you REALLY have had a season or two these past months...

We started the year with constant storms for two months solid, then an abrupt change with an unseasonable heatwave for the next few. Then summer arrived and we had a normal month of mixed weather, followed by constant unseasonable heavy rain and more floods. August has been more like November.

Apparently the Gulf Stream has been affected by global warming, and getting ‘stuck’, so we’re getting bouts of extreme weather that hang around for months. So this is going to be the ‘new normal’, like living with the virus.

The winds were 75-80 mph here on Tuesday, can’t imagine what the ones will be like in Texas, predicted to be 175 mph. Though maybe that’s the future for Wales!

• During a 1720 financial crisis, British Parliament debated a resolution for bankers to be sewn in sacks with snakes and dumped in the Thames.

• Pretty sure this is one of you blokes but understand why you won't claim it.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Pretty sure this is one of you blokes but understand why you won't claim it.

This, of course, is @MonzoPro :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

😄

• edited August 2020

Brian May approves. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

This is me, I’ve spent the last week making a shed from crab shells:

• @MonzoPro said:

Perfect morning coffee watch :) I'm all for mansheds....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

Perfect morning coffee watch :) I'm all for mansheds....

There’s a good one here. I’m just waiting for Jnr to go back to school so I can start boarding it out. The weird shed.