Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New VIRSYN APP is AMAZING!

Totally amazing synth app. This is a difficult synth to explain other than....well...OTHER.

It is a true synth head's dream of experiments with various waves, folders, polyrhythms, and ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF!

Super impressive app.

Comments

• i agree it’s pretty rad. i’ve only had it a few hours and don’t really know what i’m doing but man it sounds good and is different !

• @RUST( i )K said:

Totally amazing synth app. This is a difficult synth to explain other than....well...OTHER.

It is a true synth head's dream of experiments with various waves, folders, polyrhythms, and ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF!

Super impressive app.

Have you noticed any glitches yet in some of the more complex patches? I get heavy CPU spikes on my 2017 ipad pro.

• @RUST( i )K good to get this confirmed by someone who knows their way around a synth like you do. It's mad powerful and sounds really incredible, no question about it.

• Harry has moments of pure genius doing apps in categories where you think it's been bled dry for innovation.

He invented the "Bark Filter" secret and never gets enough credit for his genius, IMHO.
    In fact he gets a ton of negative press for not adding features. So, it's great to see some respect from a forum mainstay.

• Best Virsyn app so far...and I’m usually not much of a fan

• Best demo video so far?

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Best Virsyn app so far...and I’m usually not much of a fan

agree, this ones really nice and a good change of pace, this and bark filter are their best imo

• Harry’s been working on additive synthesis for years, this one is golden, time for a preset bank, @RUST( i )K

• Ok, so this is worth getting? I am not a fan of Virsyn but this made a lot of dust. Even Jakob did a 2 (!) hour video for it.
    Calling for @echoopera and @reasOne... is it approved guys? ;)

• @david_2017 said:
    Ok, so this is worth getting? I am not a fan of Virsyn but this made a lot of dust. Even Jakob did a 2 (!) hour video for it.
    Calling for @echoopera and @reasOne... is it approved guys? ;)

i like it man! it’s a change of pace from a normal synth however i’ve only altered the presets and haven’t tried to understand how to make my own, like kinda complicated but that’s not necessarily bad, it means you can get wild...i don’t have the time for a lot of sound design outside mirack so i’ll most likely be a addstation preset guy. i’m not really a fan of most the other vyrsn stuff but i did grab this as it has crazy potential imo!

• @RUST( i )K said:

that sounds great

• @reasOne said:
    i’ll most likely be a addstation preset guy.

@Spidericemidas to the rescue.

• How many times do we think: I have so many apps that I don’t use?
    Then I’ll open a preset in AUM or AB and there’s a Virsyn app.

• @McD said:

@reasOne said:

@Spidericemidas to the rescue.

ya spider i rely heavily on your skills to make me sound good 🤣 we need to just buy spider all the new apps and then force him to create presets in a sweat shop all day 🤣 but i am down go donate synths to the cause

• edited September 2020

@reasOne said:

This thing is a deep ocean of sound creation possibilities ... After investing a little bit of time to get used to the GUI it’s already surprising me constantly... and it feels like I’m only paddling on the beach compared to what’s possible.

I mean, being able to apply individual settings to 512 partials puts this in new sonic territory far removed from anything else I’ve ever seen, and then to be able to have 4 of them playing at any one time + sequencing + arp + fx ... it’s out there.

• @craftycurate said:

@reasOne said:

This thing is a deep ocean of sound creation possibilities ... After investing a little bit of time to get used to the GUI it’s already surprising me constantly... and it feels like I’m only paddling on the beach compared to what’s possible.

I mean, being able to apply individual settings to 512 partials puts this in new sonic territory far removed from anything else I’ve ever seen, and then to be able to have 4 of them playing at any one time + sequencing + arp + fx ... it’s out there.

i actually took about an hour today and started with a blank canvas and just played with all the parameters and made 5 presets! they are all similar / different versions of the same thing but unique at the same time. i think my initial “presets are how ill use this synth” has already changed! def loving the unique sound design possibilities with this, draw on the screen and twist some knobs, pretty dang cool!

• this screen cap is quite distorted but did a little freestyle jam with a couple sounds i made...

• @reasOne said:
    this screen cap is quite distorted but did a little freestyle jam with a couple sounds i made...

Ok. This has just sold me on Addstation. Love those sounds, mate! 😙👌

• @Spidericemidas said:

@reasOne said:
    this screen cap is quite distorted but did a little freestyle jam with a couple sounds i made...

When @reasOne and @echoopera and even @Spidericemidas are on the addstation train... I am not allowed to miss that ride... 👊🏼🙃

• Welcome aboard @david_2017, I doubt very much that you'll regret it

• @Gavinski - (or anyone) do you know how to change the main tempo? I was trying to record an arp in standalone mode into my Mac earlier, and couldn't find any settings that allowed me to do it. Could only find Link sync in the manual, but as I'm recording audio in and not MIDI, that wasn't much use.

• No idea Monzo @MonzoPro, please enlighten us Harry @VirSyn The standalone has sync, but what is it syncing to? Can’t see any bpm settings....

• A good solid long beta test with a decently large amount of testers would be a good idea for future releases! Not sure if that was done this time. Love the app, but it clearly wasn’t beta-ed as thoroughly as it should have been - and this goes for a lot of apps that get released by various devs, so please listen up, all you good devs out there.

• We should really put these in the official thread. Virsyn are probably not checking this one

• @MonzoPro said:
    @Gavinski - (or anyone) do you know how to change the main tempo? I was trying to record an arp in standalone mode into my Mac earlier, and couldn't find any settings that allowed me to do it. Could only find Link sync in the manual, but as I'm recording audio in and not MIDI, that wasn't much use.

Bizarrely, it appears to be under the delay tab in EFX....

• Haha, wow.... I thought I remembered seeing a bpm when I did my first vid.... So that's where is was hiding, yikes, well spotted.

• Yeah, very well hidden. I think under the common tab is where it should live, no ?

• @zeropoint said:

@MonzoPro said:
    @Gavinski - (or anyone) do you know how to change the main tempo? I was trying to record an arp in standalone mode into my Mac earlier, and couldn't find any settings that allowed me to do it. Could only find Link sync in the manual, but as I'm recording audio in and not MIDI, that wasn't much use.

Bizarrely, it appears to be under the delay tab in EFX....

Ah yeah, well spotted! Knew I’d seen it somewhere before - odd place to put it.

• edited September 2020

I concur! I’ll pulled trigger after seeing this post. This app is unique sounding and well worth it before it goes to full price... go get it!!!

• @Spidericemidas said:

@reasOne said:

Sold me as well! Just when I said to myself “no more apps!” Ughh can’t help it.. just bought Addstation and Bassalicious 2 (which is also awesome!)