Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Buttersynth. New Hybrid Synth from the makers of Cream Mobile

Comments

• Looking at the oscillators I see Wavetable 1, Wavetable 2, ???, FM, Granulator & Noise...

Is the 3rd one Simple or Sample?

• @colonel_mustard said:
    Looking at the oscillators I see Wavetable 1, Wavetable 2, ???, FM, Granulator & Noise...

Sample most likely...

• @Samu said:

@colonel_mustard said:
    Looking at the oscillators I see Wavetable 1, Wavetable 2, ???, FM, Granulator & Noise...

Sample most likely...

Hope so :)

• I'll take it! Well, only if it's AU.

• Looks great!

• Not to be a negative nancy but to be a negative nancy: if this works out like Cream Mobile doesn’t work out, all of the specs won’t save the app.

For the last 18 months or so I have tried to get any reaction out of Kirnu Interactive regarding CM. No chance. CM crashes I submit a bug report. I write emails. I comment on the forum. No reaction whatsoever.

Occasionally I get another beta. Hope rises. I install. It crashes. I submit bug report. I uninstall.

So maybe this new app is the bee’s knees, who knows, but I’m somewhat sceptical.

• Coolio. I like the look of it. I notice the wave table too.

• CM is working over here after the last update, but def some odd things still going on. I guess that's why it's Testflight...I did feel stood by the bed of a dead princess for awhile, so beautiful but not breathing, but now I'm optimistic (again). And just fascinated by the app. Always have been....

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    Not to be a negative nancy but to be a negative nancy: if this works out like Cream Mobile doesn’t work out, all of the specs won’t save the app.

For the last 18 months or so I have tried to get any reaction out of Kirnu Interactive regarding CM. No chance. CM crashes I submit a bug report. I write emails. I comment on the forum. No reaction whatsoever.

Occasionally I get another beta. Hope rises. I install. It crashes. I submit bug report. I uninstall.

So maybe this new app is the bee’s knees, who knows, but I’m somewhat sceptical.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    CM is working over here after the last update, but def some odd things still going on. I guess that's why it's Testflight...I did feel stood by the bed of a dead princess for awhile, so beautiful but not breathing, but now I'm optimistic (again). And just fascinated by the app. Always have been....

I share the fascination and I’m glad that it’s working for you. For me, whenever I try to change a preset ( the < > arrows) the app has a hard crash. I report, to no avail.

I think Nietzsche was wrong. If you report into the void long enough, the void just keeps ignoring you.

• Lole you guys are still trying to use that? More power to ya

• Any news about releasing?

• The beta still running at present but it's slow progress.

• My guess is that the developers let it take the time it takes and it's likely not their primary source of income :sunglasses:

So I guess it will be done when it's done, just like with BitBoy Studio...

• Yes, development has taken some time but it's going to be a very good and very deep synth and I find it much more accessible than Cream ;)

• @rs2000 said:
    Yes, development has taken some time but it's going to be a very good and very deep synth and I find it much more accessible than Cream ;)

Sadly that’s not a huge recommendation….Cream is kinda tricky

• @BiancaNeve said:

@rs2000 said:
    Yes, development has taken some time but it's going to be a very good and very deep synth and I find it much more accessible than Cream ;)

Sadly that’s not a huge recommendation….Cream is kinda tricky

Actually I'd be quite impressed if they could make it less accessible than Cream

• Heh heh! 😆 I like the look of that UI. Reminds me of a Roland Gaia. Need to examine its spec. and check its minimum iOS requirements first.

• Are the oscillators still 'locked' to Wavetable 1 & 2, Sample, FM and Granulator?
    Maybe we would like to layer 2 FM oscillators with a few samples and a wavetable and skip the granulator as an example.

• I've been having a lot of fun doing presets, and also just playing around. I will make more presets. It is a very capable synth that will set a mark in the synth world once released.

• @Samu said:
    Are the oscillators still 'locked' to Wavetable 1 & 2, Sample, FM and Granulator?

Yep!

• As they say in Finland, this one is going to be a Pelinmuuttaja

• Pelinmuuttaja is so overused
    Just like Ennennäkemätön

• @Spidericemidas said:

Heh heh! 😆 I like the look of that UI. Reminds me of a Roland Gaia. Need to examine its spec. and check its minimum iOS requirements first.

Now back to nambu for you! 😉

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ButterSynth is hugely massive!.
    In synths I’m pretty much a noob. I know the basics and love to fiddle around. Surprisingly, despite the sheer amount of functionality included, ButterSynth is actually very easy to operate. Other synths have “creative” labeling, routing or ways to modulate, etc… specially when emulating hardware analog synths.
    In contrast ButterSynth seems to follow the basics of synthesis in a very clear and unobtrusive way. You choose what makes the sound, then you shape that sound, how to modulate it… it’s all clear and logical. Don’t feel lost at all. So it seems to me like an excellent synth for newcomers and people wanting to get into how synths work. Everything’s clearly labeled and you know exactly what you’re doing.

If the dev is watching this… it’d be a handy feature to long press on a knob and have the option to set up a modulation source/destination, would be user-friendly and intuitive.

• @tahiche said:
    ButterSynth is hugely massive!.
    In synths I’m pretty much a noob. I know the basics and love to fiddle around. Surprisingly, despite the sheer amount of functionality included, ButterSynth is actually very easy to operate. Other synths have “creative” labeling, routing or ways to modulate, etc… specially when emulating hardware analog synths.
    In contrast ButterSynth seems to follow the basics of synthesis in a very clear and unobtrusive way. You choose what makes the sound, then you shape that sound, how to modulate it… it’s all clear and logical. Don’t feel lost at all. So it seems to me like an excellent synth for newcomers and people wanting to get into how synths work. Everything’s clearly labeled and you know exactly what you’re doing.

If the dev is watching this… it’d be a handy feature to long press on a knob and have the option to set up a modulation source/destination, would be user-friendly and intuitive.

Long pressing any control already lets you add a modulator or midi learn/unlearn for that control.

This discussion has been closed.