Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tal U NO LX

I went to the TAL software site and followed the steps Cheese the Producer from BMITS gave in a video for downloading iOS version Tal U NO presets. 3 sets are visible in the presets window in Tal, but 4 of the banks aren’t in the preset drop down and I can only get to them 1 by 1 by hitting the ‘“load preset” option and navigating to the Tal folder on my iPad. I’ve shut down the app and reopened in standalone and as an Auv3. I’ve also restarted the iPad. Any ideas?

Comments

• Got it, following up in case this may help others. I did not have the “open in” option after I hit down load so I have to go into files/downloads, select one zip at a time, DO NOT unzip in downloads, Move the zip file in Magellan2/presets folder in “on my iPad” location and then unzip. All presets will show up in Magellan2 preset window. On my iPad, had to do it one zip file at a time for it to work.

• @king_picadillo I'm confused. Your first post is about Tal U NO LX, the second talks about Magellan 2. Is this correct?

• @uncledave said:
    @king_picadillo I'm confused. Your first post is about Tal U NO LX, the second talks about Magellan 2. Is this correct?

I think we know why there was a problem.

• How good is TAL? Mind you Iv got synths like Drc, factory, magellan, shockwave, m15, ivs3, apparillo and all the other great synths that I dont even use ( but will ) Its getting to the point where im the ios collector of lead models or comics.

Is TAL actually better than other synths?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I absolutely love and recommend this synth and when you process it through Alteza oh man jaw will drop!

@sigma79 said:
    How good is TAL? Mind you Iv got synths like Drc, factory, magellan, shockwave, m15, ivs3, apparillo and all the other great synths that I dont even use ( but will ) Its getting to the point where im the ios collector of lead models or comics.

• @sigma79 said:
    How good is TAL? Mind you Iv got synths like Drc, factory, magellan, shockwave, m15, ivs3, apparillo and all the other great synths that I dont even use ( but will ) Its getting to the point where im the ios collector of lead models or comics.

With most of the high-quality synths, it isn’t a question of better, but of whether the particular character appeals to you as well as whether you like the architecture. For most of them, you will find so,e that love them and some that think “meh, it’s just another synth”.

TAL U-NO is a great sounding synth, but there are a lot of other synths that cover similar territory (unless one has nostalgia for the Juno). If may already have synths that cover the same territory. I enjoy it quite a bit but I don’t need it.

• Thanks for replies. Own Ob-xd. If I buy a synth, maybe this or Zeeon.

• TAL got arp->midi out..... just saying

• How good is this synth? IS it super authentic or just dope? I haven't hear much.

• @oceansinspace said:
    How good is this synth? IS it super authentic or just dope? I haven't hear much.

I think you will find much discussion of it in the archives

• Need both. They emulate different classics.

• @sigma79 said:
    Thanks for replies. Own Ob-xd. If I buy a synth, maybe this or Zeeon.

Zeeon. Amazing synth

• Imho, Zeeon, OB-Xd and TAL are all must haves. They each have unique character if you like analog sounds, can't go wrong with these. Magellan 2 and Moog are amazing also. TAL is pretty easy to program as well. Zeeon is a different beast in that regard, but can get overwhelming if you aren't highly versed in programming patches. 🙋🏾‍♂️

• @uncledave My bad, was doing all this at 2 am cuz I’m a little obsessive when I learning something new and I’m eyebrows deep in the iOS production learning curve. @oat_phipps fair shot, deserved that one ;) Def talking about Tal. Figured out M2 preset issue as well but that was a different procedure.

Tal is super sick. Love the sound of it though can’t vouch for authenticity, and since I’m not a sound designer at this point, with the free expansions you get loads of presets. I slept on M2 for a minute after I got it on sale and it’s really good too. OBxd is stupid good for the price as well. Another one in the OB price range that I don’t think gets a lot of love, for like $4 iap, TF8 sounds amazing. There is one weird “bug” in the routing at least in BM3 but easily remedied. Was waiting for a sale on Aparillo iap, good to know Tal holds its own against it.

• edited September 2020

@oceansinspace said:
    How good is this synth? IS it super authentic or just dope? I haven't hear much.

It is not super-authentic to the original OB hardware's sound, but it does sound great and does capture the spirit of it in the filter, which is possibly the best soft synth filter I've heard on iOS.

Edit: you were talking TAL not OB, my fault. The TAL as well as the chorus on board is super-authentic.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I absolutely love and recommend this synth and when you process it through Alteza oh man jaw will drop!

@sigma79 said:

Good suggestion there Bishop! Which Alteza preset floats your boat best in this use case?

• quick noodle TAL Lagrange SunR

• @noob said:
    quick noodle TAL Lagrange SunR

That sounds Epic! Any particular FX involved to get that stereo image and depth.

• Thanks Captain!
    The defaut preset is the best IMHO! Makes every and any synth sound glorious!❤️

Zeeon amd Sunrizer are so amazing too! With Alteza even more!

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    I absolutely love and recommend this synth and when you process it through Alteza oh man jaw will drop!

@sigma79 said:

Good suggestion there Bishop! Which Alteza preset floats your boat best in this use case?

• edited September 2020

yes I used fabfilter gate (pro-G) to work in MS mode, lately.. after seeing House of Kush regarding mixing in mono, makes my mix breathing in fumes sound better

• @noob said:
    yes I used fabfilter gate (pro-G) to work in MS mode, lately..

What's MS mode? I thought a Gate App was just for Noise "gating".

• edited September 2020

lemme fetch

digistix feeding the gate ext input with 4/4 hihats, note stix got no output routed to main just the feeder to pro-G.. now in Pro-G set to mid side & EXT as in pic and tweak :# you get nice stereo pump/imaging... btw the outer ring in MS mode is the key... tweak em

• @noob said:
    lemme fetch

digistix feeding the gate ext input with 4/4 hihats, note stix got no output routed to main just the feeder to pro-G.. now in Pro-G set to mid side & EXT as in pic and tweak :# you get nice stereo pumps

Oh! Side chaining. Thank you. Even "Bark Filter" doesn't have Side Chaining...
    Magic Death Eye does by the way. It's tricky to set up but obviously it makes an improved mix opening up the image and reducing clutter without a loss of impact.

Thanks.

• yes its good huh, esp on pads

• The TAL sounds amazing and it supports MPE very nicely, it is one if my favs.

• @noob said:
    quick noodle TAL Lagrange SunR

nice!

• Does no one like ISEM? I rarely see it mentioned but I think it sounds pretty good. Also TAL is nearly my favorite synth on iOS

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Does no one like ISEM? I rarely see it mentioned but I think it sounds pretty good. Also TAL is nearly my favorite synth on iOS

i like it . isem but def struggle to design on it. TAL is awesome...so straight forward and nostalgic

• @reasOne said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    Does no one like ISEM? I rarely see it mentioned but I think it sounds pretty good. Also TAL is nearly my favorite synth on iOS

i like it . isem but def struggle to design on it. TAL is awesome...so straight forward and nostalgic

Yeah I feel you on that, I’ve used it so much I’m getting some good stuff out of it finally but yeah, TAL is almost challenging to make it sound bad, it’s so easy and smooth and that chorus is incredible