Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ASK THE ARTIST: @SpiderIceMidas

McDMcD
edited September 2020 in General App Discussion

Why is he called SpiderIceMidas, you ask? He wrote:

You’d have to ask my mate about that, as he came up with that label during one of his ‘altered states’!

Apparantly, according to him, I weave a lot of things together in a cool calm aloof manner, which usually turn out gold when I turn my hand to them.

The name had a nice ring to it anyway, so I kept it ever since! 😉

@SpiderIceMidas Discussions show his history of making presets for synths and giving them away here:

BLEASS ALPHA

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37548/bleass-alpha-sounds-pack-to-add-to#latest

114 FREE Presets for Lagrange Synth by Spidericemidas

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynwog84l0k2zvm2/Spidericemidas.kronecker_snd_pack?dl=0

51 FREE Presets for IceGear’s Kronecker Synth by Spidericemidas

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynwog84l0k2zvm2/Spidericemidas.kronecker_snd_pack?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tu9jq5xxvepd832/Test9.kronecker_snd_pack?dl=0

70 FREE Ambient/Chilled Presets for Continua Synth by Spidericemidas

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hbv5fpxzvo0aaf/Spidericemidas.zip?dl=0

Mersenne 40 FREE Presets by Spidericemidas

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hne8e0jmhgtmp8/Spidericemidas.mersenne_snd_pack?dl=0

Red Shrike 42 FREE Presets by Spidericemidas

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fpenjeg32ud5u3/Spidericemidas.redshrike_snd_pack?dl=0

AudioKit Synth One - 60 FREE Presets with an Ozrics/Ambient flavour - by Spidericemidas.

Spidericemidas Music with Korg Gadget - TheSoundTestRoom Live Stream

Find the links to get the presets here on an ongoing basis. He typically posts when he has a new
"gift" ready to play with.

https://forum.audiob.us/profile/discussions/Spidericemidas

HOW DID YOU BECOME THE @Spidericemidas masked man?
@Spidericemidas says (below in this thread):

Well, if you really want to know. This can all be explained by a number of specific and significant things/events from my childhood, as follows in chronological order...

1) 1973. I was just 3 years old. My Dad (God rest his soul 2020), came home with a fresh vinyl pressing of Dark Side Of The Moon. He put his headphones on me and let me listen....On The Run....eh??!....mind blown at 3 years old and never the same again. The obsession with playing DSOTM every weekend began, as did the raging curiosity as to what the heck was making those unbelievable sounds? “How did they do that?! Unreal!”

2) 1978. My Dad comes home with a fresh vinyl pressing of Jeff Wayne’s War Of The Worlds. Mind blown again at 8 years old. More inexplicable and downright fascinating goosebumpy sounds. The Red Weed! Come on!! Whaaatt??!! How??!! What instruments can possibly sound like that?! Another weekend obsession of playing WOTW began.

3) Around the same mid/late seventies period between the ages of 6 to 10, I spent a lot of school hols staying with my Grandparents. I think it was my Gran’s Brother who was a very competent Organist. We used to go visit him and stay there often. There was always some kind of massive Organ in his living room (no smirking for the rest of this paragraph! 😉). Seemed like he upgraded his Organ almost every year. I was drawn to it quite badly every time and pretty much begged to play with it. He used to sit me on the stool and just let me mess around pushing buttons, playing keys, switching levers. I couldn’t reach the pedals. Making sounds. It was totally absorbing, fascinating, in heaven!

4) 1981. Here’s where the fun and realisations really begin at 11 years old. Parents moved us from London up to the countryside. New school. Very nice. Grass for playground! Wow! Fresh air! First music lesson in new school...probably going to be the same old boring glocs, triangles, tambourines, recorders....no, wait...”what is that black thing with a keyboard and vertical panel with knobs all over it and KORG written on the back panel? What is that panel on the right with all the holes in it? What is that wheel for on the left hand side?” Yep! It turns out the most coolest music teacher in the country was working in my new school, and had obviously decided music lessons needed pepping up a bit with a Korg MS-10! I instantly fell deeply in love with it. Fought all the other kids in class for more turns on it. Took any chance I could to get my hands on it. Stayed after school and looked through a Korg catalogue with the music teacher. And at that moment I realised what type of mysterious instrument had been behind all those mind bending sounds that fascinated me so badly on DSOTM and WOTW. A synthesizer! Just the name itself made me melt into sonic delirium. Went home drooling and dreaming. “Mum, Dad, please can I have a Synthesizer, for christmas or birthday, please?!”....”A synthe-what, Son?!” “How much?” “Whaaat?! Really?!” “Get outta here!” Lol. So I had to make the most of my encounter with a real synth for the remaining 2 years at that school. Nothing like it in the highschool that followed. Never forgot that MS-10. Missed it a lot. Nothing but digital Yamahas and Casios in highschool with only fixed presets no tweaking at all. So disappointed.

Left Sixth Form in 1988. Got a job, and after a few years of settling down, was able to finally start buying/collecting my own synths and feeding my burning passion for them! Checking music stores regularly everywhere for any old analogue gems. Bought and sold quite a few in the following years. Still thought about that MS-10 from school but could never find one. Eventually, about 24 years later since my very first meeting with that MS-10 in school, through a crazy chain of events you could not make up, unbelievably I became reunited permanently with that exact same MS-10 from my old school just as it was about to be dumped in a skip by a clueless new young music teacher shortly after the original one had just retired. [Glances over affectionately and smiles lovingly at MS-10 sitting nearby in living room whilst typing]. A dismantling and cleaning out a collection of pencil leads from years of abuse from pencils obviously being the preferred item to poke into the patch bay instead of patch cables, and a trip to Korg UK for a new CMOS chip for a stuck envelope release, and my baby, my first love, was fully operational, loved and happy again. [Wipes tear from eye whilst typing. I am not joking!].

At the same time, I tracked the original music teacher who had just retired, arranged to visit him, and in a lovely afternoon with him in his conservatory over some cake and tea, I told him the full story about my love for, and my acquiring of the MS-10 he had bought 24 years ago for his music department. Apparantly it blew the entire school music department budget for that year. Lol. Amazing to hear his thoughts and side of the story about buying the MS-10 for school music lessons way back then. He still had an old book from the 70s about analogue synthesis. He signed it and gave it to me that day. Another treasured item. He passed away since then, sadly. Never to be forgotten by me, that’s for sure!

There you go! I think that explains everything! 🤣🤣

Comments

• Awesome @McD
    Thanks for gathering these in one place. More people need to experience the joy of these patches. Great stuff!

• Missing the Sunrizer patches which are just delicious.

• The first Mitosynth bank.

• Thanks OP for getting everything indexed. I think I got all of them already.
    Well, at least I think I have.
    Too lazy to check.
    But regardless, whichever ones I do have installed - they are all great! @Spidericemidas

• Spider load! 🕷️

• You are an asset, @McD.

• I don’t think Beepstreet ever made the second Sunrizer pack available from Sunrizer’s web library like the first one. So here it is with link under video. Hopefully it still works. I never tidy my Dropbox, so it should still be there in the same location.

• Bumping this so more folks Cs have the gift of @Spidericemidas’ talents

• @LinearLineman said:
    Bumping this so more folks Cs have the gift of @Spidericemidas’ talents

What kind of talent does it take to make a few presets?

(Starting a full on argument so it lives on the front page for a few days).

• @McD said:

@LinearLineman said:

At this point it sure isn’t me, but most importantly how do we have someone with this kind of talent and generosity?

• @Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@LinearLineman said:

At this point it sure isn’t me, but most importantly how do we have someone with this kind of talent and generosity?

Exactly. Who's behind this @SpiderIceMidas character? Maybe he's a Russian Bot. No human could crank out this numbers of presets without AI assistance. He now has his presets infecting 99% of the iPads out there.

We need to fund a Virus Detection program that we can sell for $99 on the App Store.
    Maybe @brambos will write us an app to patch this security hole and "Beat the Bot."

• @McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@LinearLineman said:

Exactly. Who's behind this @SpiderIceMidas character? Maybe he's a Russian Bot. No human could crank out this numbers of presets without AI assistance. He now has his presets infecting 99% of the iPads out there.

We need to fund a Virus Detection program that we can sell for $99 on the App Store.
    Maybe @brambos will write us an app to patch this security hole and "Beat the Bot."

I think you’re off base here, he’s more like the bacteria in our digestive system which allows us to digest our food. We wouldn’t be able to survive without them.

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@LinearLineman said:

I think you’re off base here, he’s more like the bacteria in our digestive system which allows us to digest our food. We wouldn’t be able to survive without them.

Probiotics? Well, something gave me diarrhea and I downloaded all his presets and made a track with them so. Somethings up. It might be that tuna fish sandwich I made using the cat's "Tuna Surprise". It comes from Thailand and I figured they know seafood quality.

• @McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@LinearLineman said:

Probiotics? Well, something gave me diarrhea and I downloaded as his presets and made
    a track with them so. Somethings up. It might be that tuna fish sandwich I made using the cat's "Tuna Surprise". It comes from Thailand and I figured they know seafood quality.

If your digestive issues are of a chronic nature, you might want to consider a fecal transplant with your doctor.

As for the subject at hand, people can judge for themselves the quality of the presets which I believe accounts for their wide spread dissemination rather than a pathological process.

• @Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@LinearLineman said:

Probiotics? Well, something gave me diarrhea and I downloaded as his presets and made
    a track with them so. Somethings up. It might be that tuna fish sandwich I made using the cat's "Tuna Surprise". It comes from Thailand and I figured they know seafood quality.

If your digestive issues are of a chronic nature, you might want to consider a fecal transplant with your doctor.

As for the subject at hand, people can judge for themselves the quality of the presets which I believe accounts for their wide spread dissemination rather than a pathological process.

He makes TOO MANY presets and it's hard to pick one. I spend minutes listening to them and I wish he would just make ONE perfect one for each synth. He wastes everyone's time. Choice is bad for you. Just give me something that makes "Hits!". I think it's a plot to confuse us and waste out time.

• edited September 2020

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@LinearLineman said:

He makes TOO MANY presets and it's hard to pick one. I spend minutes listening to them and I wish he would just make ONE perfect one for each synth. He wastes everyone's time. Choice is bad for you. Just give me something that makes "Hits!". I think it's a plot to confuse us and waste out time.

Sounds like a referral by your PCP to a therapist to help you manage your ability to make healthy choices rather than being fixated on, “Hits!”. If that solution isn’t acceptable, choose any of his presets and start playing your hit. Unfortunately no preset can teach you how to play though a therapist might be able to support you in the goal. Musical instruction might be even more effective. Perhaps a preset with a sufficiently long arp sequence where you press a key to generate your hit might be the ultimate solution for the non-playas?

The Spidericemidas One Key Wonder preset bank could then be easily turned into an album and before you know it, you’ll blow up and be on tour.

• Don’t forget the banks for Audiokit’s FM Player 2 and Digital D1 as well. I think Matthew already put them into the preset libraries in past updates like Synth One. So you all probably have those ones anyway.

I...LOVE...SYNTHS! 🎹🎛❤️

• TL;DR

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@LinearLineman said:

Sounds like a referral by your PCP to a therapist to help you manage your ability to make healthy choices rather than being fixated on, “Hits!”. If that solution isn’t acceptable, choose any of his presets and start playing your hit. Unfortunately no preset can teach you how to play though a therapist might be able to support you in the goal. Musical instruction might be even more effective. Perhaps a preset with a sufficiently long arp sequence where you press a key to generate your hit might be the ultimate solution for the non-playas?

The Spidericemidas One Key Wonder preset bank could then be easily turned into an album and before you know it, you’ll blow up and be on tour.

I need the link for this one! Spidericemidas One Key Wonder.

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Don’t forget the banks for Audiokit’s FM Player 2 and Digital D1 as well. I think Matthew already put them into the preset libraries in past updates like Synth One. So you all probably have those ones anyway.

I...LOVE...SYNTHS! 🎹🎛❤️

See what I mean... Bot text.

• edited September 2020

@McD said:
    TL;DR

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

@McD said:

@LinearLineman said:

I need the link for this one! Spidericemidas One Key Wonder.

It’s my understanding that music publishing lobbyists used their influence to get the NSA to squash that bank so just like the limited edition AudioKit Pro apps, if you didn’t get them while they were hot, then they’re not available anymore or something like that.

• edited September 2020

@Spidericemidas said:

I don’t think Beepstreet ever made the second Sunrizer pack available from Sunrizer’s web library like the first one. So here it is with link under video. Hopefully it still works. I never tidy my Dropbox, so it should still be there in the same location.

Awesomeness. Thanks. Actually realized I had these already, but still cool.

• @Paulinko said:
    It’s my understanding that music publishing lobbyists used their influence to get the NSA to squash that bank so just like the limited edition AudioKit Pro apps, if you didn’t get them while they were hot, then they’re not available anymore or something like that.

We'll then I'm sure collectors will pay $999 for that one "bank" just on the basis of scarcity means implicit value.

@Spidericemidas do you have a any certified "One Key Wonder" banks left in your vaults or did you give them all away already? (I'm generally a day late and a dollar short).

• @Paulinko @LinearLineman @McD Hahaha! Love the posts. Made me LOL this evening!

Well, if you really want to know. This can all be explained by a number of specific and significant things/events from my childhood, as follows in chronological order...

1) 1973. I was just 3 years old. My Dad (God rest his soul 2020), came home with a fresh vinyl pressing of Dark Side Of The Moon. He put his headphones on me and let me listen....On The Run....eh??!....mind blown at 3 years old and never the same again. The obsession with playing DSOTM every weekend began, as did the raging curiosity as to what the heck was making those unbelievable sounds? “How did they do that?! Unreal!”

2) 1978. My Dad comes home with a fresh vinyl pressing of Jeff Wayne’s War Of The Worlds. Mind blown again at 8 years old. More inexplicable and downright fascinating goosebumpy sounds. The Red Weed! Come on!! Whaaatt??!! How??!! What instruments can possibly sound like that?! Another weekend obsession of playing WOTW began.

3) Around the same mid/late seventies period between the ages of 6 to 10, I spent a lot of school hols staying with my Grandparents. I think it was my Gran’s Brother who was a very competent Organist. We used to go visit him and stay there often. There was always some kind of massive Organ in his living room (no smirking for the rest of this paragraph! 😉). Seemed like he upgraded his Organ almost every year. I was drawn to it quite badly every time and pretty much begged to play with it. He used to sit me on the stool and just let me mess around pushing buttons, playing keys, switching levers. I couldn’t reach the pedals. Making sounds. It was totally absorbing, fascinating, in heaven!

4) 1981. Here’s where the fun and realisations really begin at 11 years old. Parents moved us from London up to the countryside. New school. Very nice. Grass for playground! Wow! Fresh air! First music lesson in new school...probably going to be the same old boring glocs, triangles, tambourines, recorders....no, wait...”what is that black thing with a keyboard and vertical panel with knobs all over it and KORG written on the back panel? What is that panel on the right with all the holes in it? What is that wheel for on the left hand side?” Yep! It turns out the most coolest music teacher in the country was working in my new school, and had obviously decided music lessons needed pepping up a bit with a Korg MS-10! I instantly fell deeply in love with it. Fought all the other kids in class for more turns on it. Took any chance I could to get my hands on it. Stayed after school and looked through a Korg catalogue with the music teacher. And at that moment I realised what type of mysterious instrument had been behind all those mind bending sounds that fascinated me so badly on DSOTM and WOTW. A synthesizer! Just the name itself made me melt into sonic delirium. Went home drooling and dreaming. “Mum, Dad, please can I have a Synthesizer, for christmas or birthday, please?!”....”A synthe-what, Son?!” “How much?” “Whaaat?! Really?!” “Get outta here!” Lol. So I had to make the most of my encounter with a real synth for the remaining 2 years at that school. Nothing like it in the highschool that followed. Never forgot that MS-10. Missed it a lot. Nothing but digital Yamahas and Casios in highschool with only fixed presets no tweaking at all. So disappointed.

Left Sixth Form in 1988. Got a job, and after a few years of settling down, was able to finally start buying/collecting my own synths and feeding my burning passion for them! Checking music stores regularly everywhere for any old analogue gems. Bought and sold quite a few in the following years. Still thought about that MS-10 from school but could never find one. Eventually, about 24 years later since my very first meeting with that MS-10 in school, through a crazy chain of events you could not make up, unbelievably I became reunited permanently with that exact same MS-10 from my old school just as it was about to be dumped in a skip by a clueless new young music teacher shortly after the original one had just retired. [Glances over affectionately and smiles lovingly at MS-10 sitting nearby in living room whilst typing]. A dismantling and cleaning out a collection of pencil leads from years of abuse from pencils obviously being the preferred item to poke into the patch bay instead of patch cables, and a trip to Korg UK for a new CMOS chip for a stuck envelope release, and my baby, my first love, was fully operational, loved and happy again. [Wipes tear from eye whilst typing. I am not joking!].

At the same time, I tracked the original music teacher who had just retired, arranged to visit him, and in a lovely afternoon with him in his conservatory over some cake and tea, I told him the full story about my love for, and my acquiring of the MS-10 he had bought 24 years ago for his music department. Apparantly it blew the entire school music department budget for that year. Lol. Amazing to hear his thoughts and side of the story about buying the MS-10 for school music lessons way back then. He still had an old book from the 70s about analogue synthesis. He signed it and gave it to me that day. Another treasured item. He passed away since then, sadly. Never to be forgotten by me, that’s for sure!

• @Spidericemidas said:
    @Paulinko @LinearLineman @McD Hahaha! Love the posts. Made me LOL this evening!

It hardly covers the mysteries of your magical arts but I wouldn't expect you to pass that knowledge freely over the Inter-tubes with so many robotic "eyes" search for clues to enhance the AI's "deep learning" algorithms.

But it does prove you are not a bot. Bot's would lace the story with pornographic details and
    your story is full of phonographic escapades and an addiction to organ play. Only a human would be motivated by such "analog" impulses.

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

So... what synth is next on your list to unclothe it's secret inner workings?

Korg iMS-20?
    OB-XD?
    AddStation?
    Drambo?
    Obsidian?

I'm sure it starts with one that allows for presets to be export/import capable.

• @McD said:

@Paulinko said:

We'll then I'm sure collectors will pay $999 for that one "bank" just on the basis of scarcity means implicit value.

@Spidericemidas do you have a any certified "One Key Wonder" banks left in your vaults or did you give them all away already? (I'm generally a day late and a dollar short).

Heh! Hmm...”One Key Wonder” would be a great name/theme for a sound bank, and LayR would obviously be the synth of choice to be able to pull something like that off.......

• @Spidericemidas said:

@McD said:

@Paulinko said:

Heh! Hmm...”One Key Wonder” would be a great name/theme for a sound bank, and LayR would obviously be the synth of choice to be able to pull something like that off.......

Duh. (I have no idea really but I'll trust you to know).

For me it's the Antonio Carlos Jobim melody that is a One Key Wonder (or rather a "One Note Samba"). But I do have a cat that likes to plonk so it could be a thing.

• I love the @Spidericemidas origin story!

• @McD said:
    So... what synth is next on your list to unclothe it's secret inner workings?

Korg iMS-20?
    OB-XD?
    AddStation?
    Drambo?
    Obsidian?

I'm sure it starts with one that allows for presets to be export/import capable.

Yup. Patch/Bank import/export facility is what makes the effort worthwhile for me. Nice to take advantage of the amazing sharing abilities of technology these days and make contributions to the great community here, hopefully to help or inspire in some way.

I did start some work in SB Factory and LayR ages ago that could be picked up again. But Mela seems to be an interesting one too. Great mod matrix! Seems quite a powerful synth and yet with a very simple, sensible and tidy UI and workflow. I think 4Pockets Evolver would also offer some fantastic adventures too, being based basically on the Korg Wavestate...mmm.

Drambo.....very cool and powerful app in the right hands, but really confuses the hell out of me because I’m hopelessly colourblind and I can’t get to grips with a modular concept without visible patch cables going to visible patch points. I don’t like things connecting themselves automatically unseen in the background. I need to see what’s going on under the hood clearly to understand it. Matching up coloured dots as connection points is hopeless for me. This is why I absolutely prefer and love miRack instead as a modular environment on iOS. I can understand miRack because the cables and patch points are all clearly on display and under totally manual control just like the hardware it’s based on.