Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.1.2 and Late Summer Sale available (ends Sept 14, 2020)

LFSLFS
edited August 2020 in General App Discussion

Dear all,

First of all I hope you're up and well!

Today we have some good news!

The next update of Cubasis 3 is now available through the App Store and Google Play Store.
Version 3.1.2 includes fixes and enhancements for the iOS and Android versions of Cubasis 3 as well as Cubasis LE for iOS.

Also new to the table is the Cubasis LE trial version for Android!

And check out our late summer sale: from August 24, 2020, until September 14, 2020, prices
for Cubasis and its in-app purchases are discounted.

Stay healthy,
Lars

Comments

• LFSLFS
    edited August 2020

Cubasis 3.1.2 Version History

Arrange Window, Mixer
    CBT-0594 Usability of double tapping an event on phones, to open it in the editor has been improved.
    CBT-1749 Long touch and drag into the time display can be used to set cursor position in stop or playback mode.
    CBT-2009 Improved loading time of projects which contain Inter-App Audio plug-ins.
    CBT-1994 Monitoring latency no longer increases when un-soloing a track.
    CBT-2013 Solves a problem where pressing undo after recording can result in no audio playback.
    CBT-1072 Addresses an issue, where the first recorded note is not played back, when recording in cycle mode.
    CBT-2026 Notes which are triggered during the count-in phase, are now properly recorded.
    CBT-1906 Loading a factory MIDI drum loop, now properly loads its associated drum kit.
    CBT-1114 Factory MIDI drum loops are now imported with their correct length.
    CBT-2062 Importing a MIDI event onto a track with an existing event, no longer prevents the first event from being played back.
    CBT-1869 Using the arranger paste button while having the automation editor opened, now works as expected.

Instruments, Effects, Audio Unit & Inter-App Audio
    CBT-1866 Tapping an unavailable AU plug-in no longer opens the user interface of another AU plug-in.
    CBT-1942 Addresses a graphical issue, where the user interface of an AU instrument appears over the in-app shop.
    CBT-1733 Using multiple AU MIDI plug-ins now works as expected.
    CBT-1602 Disabling a MIDI plug-in no longer results in muted audio.
    CBT-1559 Resolves a problem, where the MiniSampler edit page doesn't show the waveform of selected sample.
    CBT-2017 MiniSampler monitoring metering now works as expected without having a hardware device connected.
    CBT-0999 Fixes an issue where the state of some Micrologue controls was not stored in user presets.
    CBT-1790 Tapping a Micrologue knob, switches its position to the next step value.
    CBT-1899 Resolves a problem, where the master inserts list is empty, while plug-ins have been loaded.
    CBT-1643 Selecting triplet mode without selecting a note value no longer results in distorted sound, when triggering a key.
    CBT-1932 It is no longer possible to open unloaded plug-ins of frozen tracks.

Misc.
    CBT-1995 Audiobus SDK 3.0.12
    CBT-2007 zplane Èlastique SDK 3.3.2
    CBT-1996 Fixes a rare problem where Cubasis can render unreliable, when the app is being launched after installing an in-app purchase.
    CBT-0920Fixes a problem where mixdown to MIDI resulted in one of the tracks being empty
    CBT-2042 MIDI export now works as expected.
    CBT-2043 Mixdown to MIDI now works as expected if the project contains Polyphonic Aftertouch events
    CBT-1649 Resolves a problem, where exported MIDI files have wrong time scaling and other issues.
    CBT-1800 Muted MIDI tracks and/or events will no longer be included in mixdown.
    CBT-1909 Opening a recorded event in the audio editor no longer results in displaying the wrong bpm tempo.
    CBT-1925 The audio editor playhead now moves with the maximum resolution when being set to seconds.
    CBT-1963 Resolves a problem where negative keyboard transpose values produces very high pitched notes.
    CBT-2035 Registering Cubasis now works as expected on Android.

Cubasis LE 3.1.2 for iOS Only
    CBT-1986 New reverb effect included
    CBT-1985 New audio and MIDI drum loops added

Cubasis 3.1.2 for Android Android Only
    CBT-1849 New audio input device selection setup option
    CBT-2035 Registering Cubasis now works as expected.

• LFSLFS
    edited August 2020

Cubasis Late Summer Sale (August 24 to September 14, 2020)

Cubasis
    ・Cubasis 3 $33.99/37.99€ (Reg. $49.99/54.99€)
    ・Cubasis 2 $15.99/17.99€ (Reg. $23.99/26.99€)

Cubasis In-App Purchases
    ・Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP $9.99/10.99€ (Reg. $19.99/21.99€)
    ・Classic Machines IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    ・Micrologue ARP IAP $1.99/2.29€ (Reg. $4.99/5.49€)
    ・FX Pack 1 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    ・FX Pack 2 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)

• edited August 2020

This looks terrific, Lars! I downloaded it, restored all the inapps in seconds. Can’t wait to start using it. It’s a bit hard to say goodbye to CB2, though. 250 tracks and sixteen albums in 2+ years! I’d say I got my monies worth out of that purchase.

I’ll write a new review once I’ve had the chance to work with it a bit. Looking forward to the new mastering strip. Thanks for the great updates. I hope everyone will get on board now.

2 questions... 1/where is the keyboard button? 2/it seems like a mixdown option of trouble with compatibility is no longer available in settings. Only real time mixdown. How come? I almost always use that on CB2.

• Thank you for the update ! @LFS

• edited August 2020

One question: Can Cubasis' mixer now MIDI learn? I'd like to make use of my Novation LaunchControl XL. That was the reason why I abandoned Cubasis 2.

• Is the Android version also on sale, or just iOS? Also, do they work well with each other (make a project on Android then send to iOS?)

Also, thanks for all the great work that you do @LFS

• @krassmann said:
    One question: Can Cubasis' mixer now MIDI learn? I'd like to make use of my Novation LaunchControl XL. That was the reason why I abandoned Cubasis 2.

Nope but I have a feeling that @LFS and his team are by now more than well aware of the wishes for Ableton Link support as well as Midi-Learn for things like the mixer and transport control etc.

I don't have a clue about their priorities but personally I'd love to see audio & midi routing on par or exceeding AUM and apeMatrix as well as something similar to the Cubase Sampler Track (ie. something feature-wise similar to Ableton Simpler and/or Logic's Quick Sampler).

Time will tell where things go, but if I'd make an 'guesstimate' I'd say sometime next year or so...

• edited August 2020

As promised in a previous thread, I bought this on sale at the weekend. Enjoying it a lot so far, good job guys!

A couple of minor workflow suggestions:

• When we record an additional MIDI layer onto existing MIDI sections, would it be possible to have a setting where new layers are automatically 'glued'? Alternatively, could we simply click on the top layer recording and have the 'Glue' option available immediately? At the moment, you have to use the select tool and drag across that section from a blank section of track before the Glue option appears.
    • Before glueing, could we have the option to see the different MIDI recording layers without having to move the top layer aside? If I record, say, a kick layer, and then stop to record a snare layer, I can only see the snare layer in the MIDI data.
  • LFSLFS
    edited August 2020

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    As promised in a previous thread, I bought this on sale at the weekend. Enjoying it a lot so far, good job guys!

A couple of minor workflow suggestions:

• When we record an additional MIDI layer onto existing MIDI sections, would it be possible to have a setting where new layers are automatically 'glued'? Alternatively, could we simply click on the top layer recording and have the 'Glue' option available immediately? At the moment, you have to use the select tool and drag across that section from a blank section of track before the Glue option appears.
    • Before glueing, could we have the option to see the different MIDI recording layers without having to move the top layer aside? If I record, say, a kick layer, and then stop to record a snare layer, I can only see the snare layer in the MIDI data.

Hi @Michael_R_Grant,

Thanks for your message.

Glad to read you seem to enjoy Cubasis so far!

Unfortunately there is no „Auto Glue“ option. Please give the „Select“ tool a try to quickly select the MIDI events, and merge them to a single event via the „Glue“ button.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited August 2020

@seonnthaproducer said:
    Is the Android version also on sale, or just iOS? Also, do they work well with each other (make a project on Android then send to iOS?)

Also, thanks for all the great work that you do @LFS

Hi @seonnthaproducer,

Thanks!

Cubasis for Android and the available IAPs are on sale too likewise.

And yes, it is easily possible to share Cubasis projects between the iOS and Android versions (apart for the features unavailable on Android).

Thanks again,
    Lars

• @krassmann said:

Hi @krassmann,

Thanks!

MIDI Learn is not available so far unfortunately, but ob our list for future updates for quite some time.

Best
    Lars

• @god said:
    Thank you for the update ! @LFS

Thanks from the team... :)

• @LinearLineman said:
    This looks terrific, Lars! I downloaded it, restored all the inapps in seconds. Can’t wait to start using it. It’s a bit hard to say goodbye to CB2, though. 250 tracks and sixteen albums in 2+ years! I’d say I got my monies worth out of that purchase.

I’ll write a new review once I’ve had the chance to work with it a bit. Looking forward to the new mastering strip. Thanks for the great updates. I hope everyone will get on board now.

2 questions... 1/where is the keyboard button? 2/it seems like a mixdown option of trouble with compatibility is no longer available in settings. Only real time mixdown. How come? I almost always use that on CB2.

Hey Mike,

We are glad to read that you‘ve finally made the move... :)

As of yet we‘ve did not include the chord buttons to CB3, since there are the chord pads.

The real-time mixdown option should cover the cases, where instruments fail to properly render via Track Freeze.

We look forward to your review, once you‘ve used Cubasis 3 a bit more...

Thanks again,
    Lars

• Where’s the innovation here? Lots of bug fixes which are retrograde. What’s the way forward, the roadmap?

• Thanks for the update!

Picked Cubasis up finally, quite liking it so far, though I’d also like to see a new sampler option like @Samu. I’m thinking I’ll just use AudioLayer for my sample playing needs for now.

I noticed that when playing a looping section and moving an audio clip (I was working with single hit drum samples), the loop length suddenly contracted from the 8 bars I’d had it set at to looping just the single audio clip itself. Is this expected behaviour @LFS ? Only happens if the transport is running, forcing me to stop playback to move audio sections around.

• LFSLFS
    edited August 2020

@ajmiller said:
    Where’s the innovation here? Lots of bug fixes which are retrograde. What’s the way forward, the roadmap?

Hi @ajmiller,

Thank you for your message. Cubasis 3.1.2 is a maintenance update release, mostly resolving user-reported issues.

Best,
    Lars

• Thanks
    Little question:
    I like to have transparent tracks like Cubasis 2..

• @Mencey said:
    Thanks
    Little question:

That's something I miss too in CB3 😥

• @Gratouilli said:

@Mencey said:
    Thanks
    Little question:

That's something I miss too in CB3 😥

Yes @LFS please bring these back (at least as on option anyway).
    Am away from my iPad, does anyone know if this update fixes the issue with audio output via Bluetooth sounding terrible (it’s not mentioned above)?

• LFSLFS
    edited August 2020

@TimRussell said:
    Am away from my iPad, does anyone know if this update fixes the issue with audio output via Bluetooth sounding terrible (it’s not mentioned above)?

Hi @TimRussell,

Already replied to this a few days ago.
    Should not be an issue, please let me know about your feedback.

Hi @eross, Hi @TimRussell,

Please try these steps:

Please make sure BT is enabled in the iOS settings, and that the headphone is paired
    Go to "Setup/Audio"
    Enable "Bluetooth / AirPlay" by tapping the button
    If you still encounter audio quality issues, please go to "Setup/Project" and re-select the sample rate setting.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• edited August 2020

@LFS, thanks to the team for this update.

One (old) question to which I can't find any clear answer and that I don't understand the reason(s)... could you please enlight us about this subject :

• Why the hell it is so difficult, not to say impossible, to sync Cubasis with other apps and the SO CONVINIENT start/stop buttons in Audiobus or AUM 😩🤔 ?

As CB3 is supposed to have been rewritten from scratch, why continuing to deprive us users to this absolute "basic" and necessary fonction 😥 ?... really, tell me if I miss something... but, as I can't even imagine that this could be because of lack of coding knowledge, I just can't understand such a choice from Steinberg... 🙏

• @LFS, my poor communication. I mean the piano keyboard and how to activate it. Not interested in chord buttons... those are in my head 😉😘

• finally got Cubasis 3 ... really great daw ! tx @LFS

• edited August 2020

I’m trying to understand this. What do you get that is different from ver.3, is it ver.3? Pretty confusing.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @LFS, my poor communication. I mean the piano keyboard and how to activate it. Not interested in chord buttons... those are in my head 😉😘

Upper left, just to the right of the Media button?

• @LFS said:

@TimRussell said:

Hi @TimRussell,

Please try these steps:

Please make sure BT is enabled in the iOS settings, and that the headphone is paired
    Go to "Setup/Audio"
    If you still encounter audio quality issues, please go to "Setup/Project" and re-select the sample rate setting.

Best wishes,
    Lars

this seems to be working now. thanks. the only bug i have seen is my Waves limiter in app purchase, plugin is not working. i tried to restore it in the store. it says it restored, but when i load it into a track. the limiter gui is onscreen, but no audio is processing in it. i check to make sure it was turned on and it is. not sure what is going i. there. please let them know to check that out. thanks again

• @Intrepolicious , mine says “pads”. There must be a toggle.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Intrepolicious , mine says “pads”. There must be a toggle.

Yes! The toggle is located top left above the pads!

• LFSLFS
    edited August 2020

@RajahP said:
    I’m trying to understand this. What do you get that is different from ver.3, is it ver.3? Pretty confusing.

Hi @RajahP,

The Full Feature Set IAP updates Cubasis LE with all features of Cubasis.

The app name and icon will remain Cubasis LE after the IAP is installed, but the launch screen changes to „Cubasis“ and you will no longer experience feature limitations afterwards.

To check out the feature diff between both apps, please visit the Cubasis website: steinberg.net/cubasis.

Best,
    Lars

• @eross said:

@LFS said:

@TimRussell said:

Hi @TimRussell,

Please try these steps:

Go to "Setup/Audio"

Best wishes,
    Lars

this seems to be working now. thanks. the only bug i have seen is my Waves limiter in app purchase, plugin is not working. i tried to restore it in the store. it says it restored, but when i load it into a track. the limiter gui is onscreen, but no audio is processing in it. i check to make sure it was turned on and it is. not sure what is going i. there. please let them know to check that out. thanks again

Hi @eross,

Can you reproduce this with a new project? If so, please let me know the steps.

Thanks!

Lars