Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• edited July 2020

@DukeWonder said:
    @ElliottGarage something that I think would really be a game changer for me with this app would be an enhanced roll function similar to the BLEASS groovebox or BM3. Having a way to easily change the roll speed would be great. Right now it’s not feasible to change roll speed as I’m using the pad.

Good idear.
    There might even be room for it by removing the tempo wheel. Since we can already adjust the tempo in the top display the area occupied by the tempo wheel can be used to something else :-)

• @DukeWonder said:
    @ElliottGarage something that I think would really be a game changer for me with this app would be an enhanced roll function similar to the BLEASS groovebox or BM3. Having a way to easily change the roll speed would be great. Right now it’s not feasible to change roll speed as I’m using the pad.

+100

• What would be a great idea is to be able to create folders inside the User made prests. I have create some many different slic based instruments in segments that it would be really helpful to have folders for drums, bass, percussion, etc.

• I’ve just tried song mode which is pretty cool! Only problem I’m getting is that some sessions it seems to play one step then start the song steps, other times it seems to start from the first song step straight away. I just add or remove a step at the start accordingly but this obviously isn’t how it’s supposed to work.

This is hosted in Audiobus. Am I being stupid or is this a bug?

• Would most here consider this the ultimate AUv3 drum machine? I have been on the fence about it for months!

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

@sippy_cup said:
    Would most here consider this the ultimate AUv3 drum machine? I have been on the fence about it for months!

Not me. I give DigiStix the edge by a little bit. Still I like it a lot. They're both very good.

• I don’t think there is an ultimate out of a couple apps. Lol. Jk. I don’t have EG Pulse yet, but I love sEGments. I have and use Digistix pretty much every session.

• i wish it could resample from pad to pad and have much longer sequencing , i don’t really wanna go into song mode back n forth

• @sippy_cup said:
    Would most here consider this the ultimate AUv3 drum machine? I have been on the fence about it for months!

Patterns are limited to one measure. So, not the ultimate.

• i still can’t figure out how to save a project a reopen it haha
    i import samples, make a loop... then try to move to a new project and can’t figure out how to save or reopen the last one .. will there ever be a save session setting?

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

@reasOne said:
    i still can’t figure out how to save a project a reopen it haha
    i import samples, make a loop... then try to move to a new project and can’t figure out how to save or reopen the last one .. will there ever be a save session setting?

Tap the top left where it says bank and kit. Tap My Banks. Tap + At the top-right. Give it a name and tap OK. To return to it, repeat but just tap on the saved bank rather than the +.

To save an existing bank swipe left on the name of the bank and hit the diskette icon.

The manual isn’t exactly over helpful on this point is it.

SAVING & RECALL DRUMKIT & BANKS
    You can save or load drumkits and bank presets pressing the SAVE button. Drumkits and Bank presets are 2 different entities in EG Pulse:

• A Drumkit includes the actual drumkit samples, the mixer configuration and the pads configuration (MIDI map, colors and samples start,attack,release and length)
    • Bank preset includes the 16 grooves, automations, tempo info and song info.
      User presets are stored in ‘MY BANKS’ and can be imported and exported.
  • @wim said:

@reasOne said:
    i still can’t figure out how to save a project a reopen it haha

Tap the top left where it says bank and kit. Tap My Banks. Tap + At the top-right. Give it a name and tap OK. To return to it, repeat but just tap on the saved bank rather than the +.

To save an existing bank swipe left on the name of the bank and hit the diskette icon.

The manual isn’t exactly over helpful on this point is it.

SAVING & RECALL DRUMKIT & BANKS
    You can save or load drumkits and bank presets pressing the SAVE button. Drumkits and Bank presets are 2 different entities in EG Pulse:

• A Drumkit includes the actual drumkit samples, the mixer configuration and the pads configuration (MIDI map, colors and samples start,attack,release and length)
    • Bank preset includes the 16 grooves, automations, tempo info and song info.
      User presets are stored in ‘MY BANKS’ and can be imported and

ahh ok i got to it work a couple time’s 🤣 man i’m so forgetful i’m going to try for next time 🤣🤣 thanks dude!

• New to EG Pulse here. In AU why cant i place hits on the offbeat in the grid?

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@Bill_Brasky said:
    New to EG Pulse here. In AU why cant i place hits on the offbeat in the grid?

Tap "Snap" at the top and set the quantization level. 👍🏼
    That one got me at first too.

• @wim said:

@Bill_Brasky said:
    New to EG Pulse here. In AU why cant i place hits on the offbeat in the grid?

Tap "Snap" at the top and set the quantization level. 👍🏼
    That one got me at first too.

A-Ha! Thanks Wim

• Hey Folks,

Can someone please help me understanding what is happening here.
    Why do i get a wrong pitch when sampling in EG-pulse but not in sEGments?
    I wrote to the dev a while back and as allways he replied, but i don’t think i understood his explanation 😬.
    Is it due to aliasing or...
    I have been using a workaround where i just recorded in AUM and then imported in to EGpulse. It would just be soooo nice to get this to work 😊

• Sounds maybe like a sample rate issue. Are you able to switch AUM from 48KHz to 44.1KHz (or vice - versa)? Some plugins don’t handle sample rate properly.

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

Yep. I just tried. It works OK at 44.1KHz, but not at 48KHz. That is a bug for sure.

@ElliottGarage you out there?

[edit] It seems the problem is only with recording at 48K. If you record at 44.1K playback is OK at either sample rate.

• Hi @wim

Thanks..

jep i tried to change to 44.1 and the notes get kind of “dobble triggered”
    AUM is not happy to let me switch between 44.1 and 48.

That other app controlling the samplerate might be auria pro. However it is not running right now

• If you shut down everything, and reboot, it may let you change. Or, you may have an iPad model that simply doesn’t let you change.

• I’ve sent an email to the developer. That’s a serious bug since many newer devices are forced to 48K.

• Hmmm i think that it is the ipad that don’t support 44.1. I just did everything that you surgested and nothing has changed.
    I hope that the bug gets fixed.
    Anyway. Thanks so much for your help 😊

• Thanks again for wrighting the mail.
    I did not know that there could be an issue with the ipad. I just thought that it was “error 40” 😆

• @wim and @Lorichs I already fixed this both for sEGments and EG Pulse...the update with the fix has been already released for sEGments (that's why you don't experience the issue there), but not yet for EG Pulse. I think it's time to release an hot fix update in the very next days.

• Sweet! Thanks for the quick response @ElliottGarage . B)

• Ohh. Thanks so much to both of you @wim @ElliottGarage. That is so cool.

• @ElliottGarage - Would you consider it feasible for EG Pulse to have a larger number of pads (32, 64) in future updates?

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Update 1.15 is online (waiting for the App store processing time).

This is the next updates timeline

• euclidean pattern creation
    • velocity layers
    • multiple bars for each patterns

Still no velocity layers?. Any estimates on when it’s gonna available?.

• Good question. There was even a short video demonstrating how dragging multiple samples onto a pad was implemented and used as velocity layers. I suppose the Segments app has taken all the development time lately.

• @bleep said:
    Good question. There was even a short video demonstrating how dragging multiple samples onto a pad was implemented and used as velocity layers.

I remember that. Grabbed Pulse now and didn‘t found it. One can call it a disappointment.