Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app release: Oscilloscope & Spectrogram by Blue Mangoo

This app is now available on the App Store:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1525484137

In case you want to try before you buy, the test flight beta link will remain available for another two weeks:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/fodz4Iom

Here is the overview video:

Comments

• Congrats to the release - just bought it :)

• @_ki said:
    Congrats to the release - just bought it :)

Thanks!

• Great work on this // is this a introductory price? I might need to wait a little bit to pick it up. Will definitely add some great visuals for my vids

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Great work on this // is this a introductory price?

We adjust prices if it seems appropriate to do so but for now, this is the price.

• Cool, thanks for the reply

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Great work on this // is this a introductory price?

We adjust prices if it seems appropriate to do so but for now, this is the price.

• Nice.

Is there a full-screen view?
    I can’t find it.

• I think I found a bug.

When sliding down the frequency indicators on the side, the app freezes when you go all the way to the bottom.

This happens as AuV3 inside AUM and in standalone.

Latest iOS
    iPhone 6s

• I can confirm this glitch on IOS 13.6 iPad Pro 10.5. I‘ve moved that line so many times in the beta, how could that slip through my tests ?

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2020

@Gavinski I don‘t get your comment - this post is about a new oscilloscope and spectrogram ? I have no problem visualizing the output of Drambo - and the Blue Mangoo dev shows Zeeon (from Beepstreet) in his video.

• @_ki said:
    @Gavinski I don‘t get your comment - this post is about a new oscilloscope and spectrogram ? I have no problem visualizing the output of Drambo - and the Blue Mangoo dev shows Zeeon (from Beepstreet) in his video.

That was posted here accidentally. I'll remove it, thnx for pointing that out

• very nice work! thanks for this one @Blue_Mangoo !

• Bought also this. Congrats @Blue_Mangoo.

Never understood so well how oscilloscope and spectrogram work, but now I will do with your app✌️

• Ahhh, finally :) :) :)
    Got it immediately.

But i needed to use your direct link, @Blue_Mangoo - it was not yet visible between your other App.

Also check out this, for some great combo:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/40407/audio-analysis-with-augen-x-and-oscilloscope-as-au-on-ios-ipados#latest

• @jolico said:
    Nice.

Is there a full-screen view?
    I can’t find it.

No full screen yet. We are considering adding it.

• @jolico said:
    I think I found a bug.

When sliding down the frequency indicators on the side, the app freezes when you go all the way to the bottom.

This happens as AuV3 inside AUM and in standalone.

Latest iOS
    iPhone 6s

Thanks. I have written this on the work list.

• @tja said:
    Ahhh, finally :) :) :)
    Got it immediately.

But i needed to use your direct link, @Blue_Mangoo - it was not yet visible between your other App.

Also check out this, for some great combo:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/40407/audio-analysis-with-augen-x-and-oscilloscope-as-au-on-ios-ipados#latest

That auGenX looks useful. I am also thinking of making a test signal generator app as a companion app for this oscilloscope. Mine would be simpler than that though. I was thinking to generate sine sweeps, saw sweeps, Pink noise and white noise and intermittent impulses. That’s all. Those are really the only test signals I need that I cant already get from zeeon.

• @palms said:
    very nice work! thanks for this one @Blue_Mangoo !

@Charlesalbert said:
    Bought also this. Congrats @Blue_Mangoo.

Never understood so well how oscilloscope and spectrogram work, but now I will do with your app✌️

Thanks

• @Blue_Mangoo Congratulations on the release of your new app! I was in the beta, and now I’ve purchased.

I understand you’re celebrating your new release, but I am curious to know if you are still working on an audio editor?

• @allegedly_audible said:
    @Blue_Mangoo Congratulations on the release of your new app! I was in the beta, and now I’ve purchased.

I understand you’re celebrating your new release, but I am curious to know if you are still working on an audio editor?

We are. ;)

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@allegedly_audible said:
    @Blue_Mangoo Congratulations on the release of your new app! I was in the beta, and now I’ve purchased.

We are. ;)

Cool, looking forward to it.

• This one is pretty neat actually...

...I just miss one feature that is present in the DiscoDSP Oscilloscope, Drambo oscilloscope and Melda Oscilloscope to name a few.

ie. the oscilloscope optionally restarts the drawing whenever it passes a set threshold so one doesn't have to 'hunt for the correct pitch' to see a stable waveform shape. (The Minilogue oscilloscope works like this too).

The Frequency mode already works quite well, it would just need a similar trigger setting as the trig mode :)
    I trust @Blue_Mangoo knows how to do this :)

Runs incredibly smooth on my ancient iPad Air 2, 5 starts from Sweden...

• @Samu said:
    This one is pretty neat actually...

...I just miss one feature that is present in the DiscoDSP Oscilloscope, Drambo oscilloscope and Melda Oscilloscope to name a few.

ie. the oscilloscope optionally restarts the drawing whenever it passes a set threshold so one doesn't have to 'hunt for the correct pitch' to see a stable waveform shape. (The Minilogue oscilloscope works like this too).

The Frequency mode already works quite well, it would just need a similar trigger setting as the trig mode :)
    I trust @Blue_Mangoo knows how to do this :)

Runs incredibly smooth on my ancient iPad Air 2, 5 starts from Sweden...

It has that feature. That’s the trig mode.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

Ok, missed it sorry :(
    The demos gave me the impression that trig mode was mostly used to catch transients...
    ...my bad I need to dig deeper :)

• @Samu said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

Ok, missed it sorry :(
    The demos gave me the impression that trig mode was mostly used to catch transients...
    ...my bad I need to dig deeper :)

I see what you mean.

I didn’t really demonstrate it on steady waveforms. I was afraid it would be difficult to understand what it does unless I did the transients demo. But now that you mention it, I can see how the transients alone don’t make it clear what it would do in the case of a steady wave.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

I didn’t really demonstrate it on steady waveforms. I was afraid it would be difficult to understand what it does unless I did the transients demo. But now that you mention it, I can see how the transients alone don’t make it clear what it would do in the case of a steady wave.

No worries, it works really well :)

Also I think I've found a bug, when I move the 'pitch detection-line' all the way down on the screen the app freezes and becomes unresponsive.

The 'Freeze' happens in both Stand-Alone and AUv3. The AUv3 crashes when I try to remove it.
    (Here's a clip showing the bug)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6tgh21kfcr9uwxx/BUG.mov?dl=0
    (I think the 'bug' might be a simple missing check if the detection value is out of bounds).

Cheers!
    /Samuel

• @Samu said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

Also I think I've found a bug, when I move the 'pitch detection-line' all the way down on the screen the app freezes and becomes unresponsive.

The 'Freeze' happens in both Stand-Alone and AUv3. The AUv3 crashes when I try to remove it.
    (I think the 'bug' might be a simple missing check if the detection value is out of bounds).

Cheers!
    /Samuel

I just noticed this freeze also. Needs force quit, and logs SIGKILL when that is done.

I've noticed that when I tap/hold on the spectrogram frequency scale, the note marker line does not appear until I drag 1-2 mm vertically. Does anyone else see this, or is it just me?

• @Samu said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

Cheers!
    /Samuel

@jolico already reported this bug yesterday, it's about 15 posts above yours.......

• @Pierre118 said:

@jolico already reported this bug yesterday, it's about 15 posts above yours.......

Thanks, sometimes I'm a bit 'blind' too ;)
    Hopefully it's a simple fix...

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

@Blue_Mangoo - Small suggestion: It would be handy to be able to change the scale on the right hand from hz to note. I realize you can move the cursor and see the note reflected on a knob, but being able to take a quick glance to get the overall idea would be great. This is especially true when looking at chordal input.

Displaying all the notes in the space available isn't practical, so some would need to be left out, but if at least the C's and as many others as works visually could be displayed it would still be helpful.

Better yet would be a very small keyboard display in that space, with just the octaves labeled. That would make identifying notes visually a breeze.

• @Blue_Mangoo I bought a book a while back that breaks down how to reverse engineer sounds using an FFT spectrum analyzer like http://mdsp.smartelectronix.com/freakoscope/

Can this be done in a similar way with your plugin? I don’t know much about the different types of spectrum analysis.

Sample of the book: http://synthesizer-cookbook.com/SynCookbook.pdf