Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chord Bud 2 Out Now

Developer @cem_olcay just released Arp Bud 2 and is finishing up Chord Bud 2, which I’m real excited about.

Comments

• I see @White beat me to the punch. What else is new. Lol.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I see @White beat me to the punch. What else is new. Lol.

hahaha. he beats everyone every time, i suspect he’s an alien or drone

• @reasOne said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    I see @White beat me to the punch. What else is new. Lol.

hahaha. he beats everyone every time, i suspect he’s an alien or drone

Some kind of all knowing entity for sure. Lol.

• How will this improve on ChordBud?

• I’m 99% sure it’s AUv3. Which is great. Not sure about the rest.

• Yes, it's definitely gonna be AUv3 :smiley:
    I've been working on it for the last couple of days and it's 90% completed!

The original ChordBud and ArpBud are old apps, they existed before the iOS AUv3 was a thing. They are still very unique and solid apps but the codebase is not maintainable for the brand new audio engine/AUv3 programming techniques. That's basically why I'm working on new apps. New ones are highly maintainable, extendable, and very lightweight in terms of software engineering pov.

Besides the technical stuff, the original ChordBud has a multitrack sequencer where each track can sequence either chords or notes. ChordBud 2 is not going to have the multitrack sequencer because you can load as many instances as you want as Audio Unit plugins. Also, it's going to focus only on chords/chord progressions. Highly compatible with the other Bud apps. The music theory engine under the hood is way more powerful now and the possibilities are very exciting!

Here are some new screenshots. I'll upload a youtube video soon as well!
    Note: This is not the final version, but it close!

• looking good!

• @cem_olcay said:
    Yes, it's definitely gonna be AUv3 :smiley:
    I've been working on it for the last couple of days and it's 90% completed!

The original ChordBud and ArpBud are old apps, they existed before the iOS AUv3 was a thing. They are still very unique and solid apps but the codebase is not maintainable for the brand new audio engine/AUv3 programming techniques. That's basically why I'm working on new apps. New ones are highly maintainable, extendable, and very lightweight in terms of software engineering pov.

Besides the technical stuff, the original ChordBud has a multitrack sequencer where each track can sequence either chords or notes. ChordBud 2 is not going to have the multitrack sequencer because you can load as many instances as you want as Audio Unit plugins. Also, it's going to focus only on chords/chord progressions. Highly compatible with the other Bud apps. The music theory engine under the hood is way more powerful now and the possibilities are very exciting!

Here are some new screenshots. I'll upload a youtube video soon as well!
    Note: This is not the final version, but it close!

Great News @cem_olcay Thanks for keeping us updated on the progress. Excited about CB2!

• The POC video

• @cem_olcay said:
    The POC video

Looks amazing!

• Super cool @cem_olcay especially combined with Arpbud. Happy to beta test this. 😄

• Sweet thanks for the vid man.

I was planning on taking advantage of that Setup as well.

@auxmux said:
    Super cool @cem_olcay especially combined with Arpbud. Happy to beta test this. 😄

• And Rhythm Bud for sure like he does in video. I feel like CB2 will complete the bud arsenal, and open up the ability to do even more bud app combinations.

• New ChordBud 2 video! I had so much fun while making this video. We are so close to the release!

• @cem_olcay said:
    New ChordBud 2 video! I had so much fun while making this video. We are so close to the release!

Woohoo. Instabuy! Loving arpbud2, and this new one will clearly be its family member 🙂👍

• Magnificent

• @cem_olcay said:
    New ChordBud 2 video! I had so much fun while making this video. We are so close to the release!

Why did the chords and the arp seem to be out of sync at the end ?

• @gsm909 said:
    Why did the chords and the arp seem to be out of sync at the end ?

Looks like a consistent issue across all his apps..? Maybe it's a feature not a bug... been reported/ignored several times

• I just released a new version 1.1.0 — it fixes the sync issue 👍

• @cem_olcay said:
    I just released a new version 1.1.0 — it fixes the sync issue 👍

Thanks✌️

• Hold up is this out @cem_olcay

• Nevermind I think you were talking about arp bud 2.

@cem_olcay Is the beta out for CB2 ?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Nevermind I think you were talking about arp bud 2.

Yes, released the beta just a couple of hours ago.

BTW here’s a new video showing how to create “song mode” with StepBud. You can create really interesting stuff by sequencing MIDI CCs with StepBud, one of the most powerful (and less known) features of it!

• They come together like the pieces of a puzzle 🧩 awesome, sir!

• Looking forward to this. Do you know if you'll include it in the Bud Bundle?

• @cem_olcay said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Nevermind I think you were talking about arp bud 2.

Yes, released the beta just a couple of hours ago.

BTW here’s a new video showing how to create “song mode” with StepBud. You can create really interesting stuff by sequencing MIDI CCs with StepBud, one of the most powerful (and less known) features of it!

When you get a chance I did send it over. Cheers.

• MIDI CC support for patterns is my favorite part of Bud apps.

• @cem_olcay any release date yet? I’m eagerly anticipating this one 👌

• @audio_DT said:
    @cem_olcay any release date yet? I’m eagerly anticipating this one 👌

I've been working on some ArpBud 2 updates as well, so I'm probably going to finalize the v1.0 next week and release it on September's first week after the beta testing.