Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Barkfilter as a DeEsser

So I’m a chronic Barkfilterist for my quick Enhancing/Mastering on my final mixes. Never thought about anything else for it until I saw the DeEsser setting in the presets and started messing with it. For me this does at least as good a job DeEssing vocals as anything else and maybe better. So my question is what else can Barky do that I never thought of? Anybody else use it for what?

Comments

• No replies? Bueller?

• It still sits on my wishlist, from even before the magic mastering hype. But I didn't buy it yet. I always focus my money elsewhere :lol:

But now besides a cool filter, mastering tool could it also be a DeEsser? (i've been needing one)

• I assume the lack of replies means not many folks know what a great DeEsser this can be.

• Thanks for this. I was in need of a de-Esser and luckily a search on this forum highlighted the Barkfilter preset. I hadn’t noticed it in the preset list before. 👍🏼

• Can we open this up a little to just the question: has anyone tried to use bark filter for live vocals? What would be the best settings over all to do that? De-essing, but what else?

• Tripleband preset seems to be the best one for me, when it comes to vocals because of the Multiband, and compressor.

I use the deesser sometimes but usually deessing is a specialized need for me, so I use the espresso, and Mixbus.

Barkfilter is not bad but I can’t seem to use more than one preset else it sounds a bit too...rich?