Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Different Tonebridge instances within Audiobus mix up their settings (bug?)

Hey everybody

I have two Audiobus channels. Each one gets the input from my guitar. But each one should have its own Tonebridge AU effect applied:

Tonebridge setting of the first channel (Oasis):

Tonebridge setting of the second channel (Bob Marley):

Sadly, it seems that the two Tonebridge audio units are not independent from each other, because the first Tonebridge setting now looks like this:

While it still has the graphic from Oasis, the title is from Bob Marley; and also the applied effect now is Bob Marley.

This seems like a bug to me. Can anyone confirm this behaviour?
Thank you.

Comments

• I did some more debugging.

It seems, when I add Tonebridge to channels right within GTL (without Audiobus running), the same thing happens.

When I try a similar thing with another audio unit (e.g. the free "Zero Reverb"), then each instance keeps its own settings and doesn't get confused by other instances.

This seems to be a Tunebridge bug then. Should I file a bug report or something?

• Yeah, other AU apps have had this instance bug before.
    Hope it gets addressed now that you have reported it.

• Half a year later and not even got a simple reaction to it. How devastating.

• Well the app was free, so apparently there was no budget for tech support! 🤣

But seriously, that's a real bummer. With all the cool Blueboard work you've done, their lack of a response is understandably frustrating. There are tons of people who would have loved to have had this option at their disposal.

• In fact, Tonebridge has no support anymore, see https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/redirect/post?p=36639968. :frowning: