Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moodunits from Moodscaper [auv3] // Available Now!!!

Comments

• Interesting stuff. I'm well up for anything developed by the Touchscaper dev!

• Hmmm.. now that’s very interesting.. count me in..

• cool but wtf is it

• edited August 2020

Looks like a midi clip launcher, Key/Scale Quantizer?

• @RajahP said:

That’s the sequencer, @RajahP

I see an arp, bass and ping(?) in the instrument slots and delay, filter, reverb, eq in the fx slots.
    Interested!

• I'm always itching to this this dev's stuff but without AU it seems regressive. And using IAA is always such a faff and a vibe-killer. Same reason I don't use great apps like Patterning 2.

• Need to know more!

• @audio_DT said:
    without AU it seems regressive. And using IAA is always such a faff and a vibe-killer.

touchscaper is the only IAA app shown here - moodunits are 100% AUv3. More details / videos coming soon that should hopefully answer a few more questions ;)

• @moodscaper said:

@audio_DT said:
    without AU it seems regressive. And using IAA is always such a faff and a vibe-killer.

touchscaper is the only IAA app shown here - moodunits are 100% AUv3. More details / videos coming soon that should hopefully answer a few more questions ;)

Oh, that's excellent! Well, in that case, I can't wait to fill your pockets! Thanks :)

• I’m a little confused.. Is this a bunch of New apps in one app (ie Rozeta) or individual new apps or some thing that comes with update?

I notice like 10 different AUv3 plugins in the video? So I would love to know some details about this....

• @moodscaper moodunits.. moonunit.. I’ll instantly think of Zappa whenever I use them.. and that’s cool by me.. 😎

• Is this a companion to your other apps? Oh boy ... can't wait to hear more about this.

• I would love some mood units. Would like the au also.😉

• More details coming soon, but moodunits will be a single "app" containing several AUs (instruments + fx) - all of the ones you see / hear in the demo for sure. The current plan is that the app won't have standalone functionality so an AU host will be needed. The app will still "do stuff" but it won't be a playable instrument as some AU-compatible apps are.

• intriguing ...

• @moodscaper awesome! whatever this is, im buying!

• sweet! i have no idea what’s happening here, if the moon units are making sound or controlling ts but i want them regardless! stoked to hear more. im off work the next two weeks so wouldn’t hate playing with these during that time 😎

• @moodscaper said:
    More details coming soon, but moodunits will be a single "app" containing several AUs (instruments + fx) - all of the ones you see / hear in the demo for sure. The current plan is that the app won't have standalone functionality so an AU host will be needed. The app will still "do stuff" but it won't be a playable instrument as some AU-compatible apps are.

Whaaaaatttt! That’s freakin awesome. Consider me really excited.

• @despego said:

@RajahP said:

That’s the sequencer, @RajahP

I see an arp, bass and ping(?) in the instrument slots and delay, filter, reverb, eq in the fx slots.
    Interested!

Nice..

Soon..

• edited August 2020

New video:

Description from the video:

Waverley is a sample-based instrument that's at the heart of the moodunits AUv3 collection. Waverley comes with 50 real analog synth sounds you can use as is, or tweak to your tastes. While Waverley isn't a full-blown synth or sampler, there are basic controls for amp and filter envelopes plus auto-pan and tremolo - moodunits are designed to be small, and easy to use. The sounds range from untreated saw and square waves, through to heavily processed ambient textures.

While I think the saw and square waves sound really nice... I wanted to show the "wilder" side of what you can do with Waverley. Around half the factory sounds already have effects applied ready to drop straight into your music projects and maybe even provide a little inspiration.

In this little demo, I'm using two Waverley instances controlled via MIDI with touchscaper. I have a few notes held, and I'm just cycling through the chords manually, adding a few random touches here and there. I've also added some delay, reverb, filter sweep and EQ using the moodunits effects. Everything you hear is moodunits - hope you like the demo!

moodunits 1.0 coming soon...

Quick note for those of you that have reached out and kindly offered to help with Beta testing - I shall be in touch soon - many thanks! -Rob

• edited August 2020

@royor said:
    @moodscaper moodunits.. moonunit.. I’ll instantly think of Zappa whenever I use them.. and that’s cool by me.. 😎

OMG, this is like so bitchin' I'm like freakin' out totally 😅

• Can't wait. It sounds so great.

• New video:

• @rs2000 said:

@royor said:
    @moodscaper moodunits.. moonunit.. I’ll instantly think of Zappa whenever I use them.. and that’s cool by me.. 😎

@rs2000 is a teenage girl. It’s all maKing so much more sense now.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@rs2000 said:

@royor said:

@rs2000 is a teenage girl. It’s all maKing so much more sense now.

Damn!

• i’m ready for this!

• So, these are little "synth-lets" that you can load in Touchscaper? I'm unsure what is so revolutionary here. Not trying to bash but I must be missing something. Enlighten me?

• @kinkujin said:
    So, these are little "synth-lets" that you can load in Touchscaper? I'm unsure what is so revolutionary here. Not trying to bash but I must be missing something. Enlighten me?

I don’t know but synthlets sound so cute!