Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any Masterclass fans here?

I'm watching the Sheila E masterclass on drumming. I've enjoyed a few Masterclasses, and I'm only a few episodes into this one, but it strikes me as the most practical one I've seen so far. She's actually really teaching you how to do this, step by step, rather than just waffling on (yes, Hans Zimmer, I'm looking at you 😉).

Comments

• Only MasterClass know is the one from AudioDabbler about „Xequence“ - has some days now but quite informative :smile:

• Hahaha. I saw that one and I remember people being pissed off that the word masterclass was used.

• Garry Kasparov’s chess one is gold.

• I dug Neil Gaiman’s and Danny Elfman’s a lot. The Deadmaus one was only OK

• The ones I watched were right up there with Bob Ross. 😴

• I liked Danny Elfman's a lot, but it was definitely more on the inspirational side than the technical.

• Deadmaus, I was surprised that after all these years he literally couldn't play a note. I admired his honesty, but was still a bit taken aback.

• Garry Kasparov.

• I kinda liked Armin van Buuren's...

• edited August 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@Gavinski said:
    Deadmaus, I was surprised that after all these years he literally couldn't play a note. I admired his honesty, but was still a bit taken aback.

Lol, I saw that one too.
    After that I was clear to me why I think of his music as mediocre and not my taste.
    Moving around midi notes in the editor until it forms a harmony, 🤣 srsly
    Get piano lessons man instead of buying to much Buchla gear i can’t afford. ;)

Right?! That blew my mind. I mean, I love generative midi to death, but he literally couldn't even play a few notes on a keyboard, mad!

• edited August 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Deadmaus, I was surprised that after all these years he literally couldn't play a note. I admired his honesty, but was still a bit taken aback.

I agree.

I grabbed this one too. It helped inspire some of the work I did in NanoStudio’s obsidian making patches.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2020
  • Yeah, basically just 'I'm Hans Zimmer and I'm the dog's bollocks'. The Danny Elfman one was better but also just a pep talk. Masterclass needs to pitch their stuff at a higher level. Too generalistic. Hopefully this Sheila E one is setting a new precedent, it is far, far more technical than any others I've seen.

• edited August 2020
  • I just finished to watch Matt Schofield's ‘Blues Speak’ on TrueFire.com. Now I can’t understand how did I live without this knowledge! A lot of useful information about guitar, improvisation and technique!

• I've bought some masterclasses here - just some guitar-oriented one so far. May eventually get one or two on MIDI orchestration and arranging.

https://www.mymusicmasterclass.com/

• edited August 2020

I wanted to try the Herbie Hancock one, but reading the curriculum already felt above my level lol.

FWIW the masterclasses I got the most out of (Elfman, Gaiman, and Aaron Sorkin) tended towards inspirational rather than instructional.

For the folks disappointed by Hans Zimmer’s masterclass, I’ve found Guy Michelmore’s YouTube and paid courses wayyy more valuable.

• edited August 2020
  • edited August 2020

@Max23 said:

@craftycurate said:
    Garry Kasparov’s chess one is gold.

If you want to impress ppl learn how to do check mate in what was it 9? Or 12 moves and never give them Revanche. >:)
    My older brother did that to me and told me years later, 😂

You can checkmate someone in 2 moves with the "Fool's Mate" ... but it requires specific moves to be made.

• @Max23 said:
    I forgot who it was
    Did that videogame soundtrack
    With nothing but sinewaves and a crapload of pedals - shoegazer style
    That was good.
    I don’t even remember if this was a masterclass or not
    Someone help my failing memory here, lol

This one?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @craftycurate said:

• @craftycurate said:

How much chess background required?

• @espiegel123 said:

@craftycurate said:

How much chess background required?

The course description will probably give you a better answer, but certainly a knowledge of the basics would be needed I reckon.

• I watched the Timbaland, the Armin van Buuren and the Hand Zimmer one. (
    and a Little Bit of the Poker ones). I liked it for entertainment reason, not so much for real tutorials ( there are better ones out there). Sadly my account expired, but I’m thinking about getting one more year.

• edited July 2021

Really ejoyed Deadmau5... didn't learned much new things, but was surprised his workflow is at 90% same like mine for years, he uses same methods and has same opinions on things like me, i was shocked how much things we see in same way :-)