Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Creating Risers and Sweeps

Anyone have tips for creating risers and sweeps? Open to using CB3, Zenbeats, NS2, or X2+AUM.

Biggest thing I’m missing is pitch automation.

Comments

• Figured out how to do pitch automation in NS2, Zenbeats, and X2. Looks like I need to use NS2 or X2 to automate pitch in CB3.

• Haha I actually used the noise preset last night to create a sweep. It works but I definitely want flexibility to use other synths.

• Drambo will do it. Also any synth with the right envelopes

• edited August 2020

Just knocked up a Noise Riser instrument For Drambo

Any suggestions on how I can make it better? I’m far from an expert.

Edit:

Last one didn’t work as I added the midi to cv module into the instrument.

This one should be better:

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0QYcQIsBeuzZqHzXwk0ePJOww#Noise_Riser

• Cool! This just popped up on my YT feed as well

• @DukeWonder said:
    Anyone have tips for creating risers and sweeps? Open to using CB3, Zenbeats, NS2, or X2+AUM.

Or you could buy some packs from blockswave and use some ready made samples

• @gregsmith said:
    Just knocked up a Noise Riser instrument For Drambo

Any suggestions on how I can make it better? I’m far from an expert.

Edit:

Last one didn’t work as I added the midi to cv module into the instrument.

This one should be better:

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0QYcQIsBeuzZqHzXwk0ePJOww#Noise_Riser

@gusgranite said:
    Cool! This just popped up on my YT feed as well

Thanks I’ll have to check these out.

@hisdudeness said:

@DukeWonder said:

Or you could buy some packs from blockswave and use some ready made samples

Nah.

• env modulation to the pitch of an Oscillator

• A P E F I L T E R

• Depends what kind of rise you want. Tonal? Noise? Frequency?
    I assign an upward sawtooth LFO to things like amplitude, resonance, frequency and pitch to get different results. Then I add a second LFO, usually a sine wave, to the first LFO, to get some interesting combinations of movement.
    Needs a bit of experimentation, but I had some great success with Zeeon, although the LFOs in Zeeon don't go THAT slowly for a really great build up.

I think the best LFOs can be found in any ApeSoft app. The range of movement speed is insane.

• in the words of Missy Elliot... “ put your thing down, flip it and reverse it” ;)
    seriously send a bunch of sounds into a large reverb, then reverse that audio, pitch it up
    across several bars, and bam and you can get some killer sweeps, risers, and transitions.