Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Educate me about SysEx and .ins patch map support (New features in MTS)

MultiTrackStudio is one of my favorite DAWs and just added these supports. How can I use them, why do I want them etc....

Comments

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

Sysex is just a midi protocol used by some hardware for patch and parameter control.

".ins" is similar - a format defined by Cakewalk to hold patch descriptions. Unless you have a desktop synth or hardware that supports them then they're of no use to you.

• edited August 2020

'Protocol' might trigger false associations - sysex is just a midi event like note on/off, but with arbitrary content.
    It starts with (hex) F0, followed by company and machine id, then comes the data and it's finished by F7. What's contained in 'data' is entirely up to the manufacturer, in particular structure and functions.

• @wim said:
    Sysex is just a midi protocol used by some hardware for patch and parameter control.

".ins" is similar - a format defined by Cakewalk to hold patch descriptions. Unless you have a desktop synth or hardware that supports them then they're of no use to you.

@Telefunky said:
    'Protocol' might trigger false associations - sysex is just a midi event like note on/off, but with arbitrary content.
    It starts with (hex) F0, followed by company and machine id, then comes the data and it's finished by F7. What's contained in 'data' is entirely up to the manufacturer, in particular structure and functions.

Thanks comrades!