Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

atm0spher1c ep - a time that will never be again

a time that will never be again by atm0spher1c

A group of us in the city where I live have been passing the time during the pandemic with little contests and such. The latest charge was to write a requiem using one of Eno's oblique strategies (chosen through dice roll). The strategy I got was: "Assemble some of the elements in a group and treat the group." I feel like I do variations on this theme, but I did it more and differently this time. :-)

Thanks to anyone who gives it a listen.

Comments

• That's great. Did you play all the instruments or share the instrumental duties with the group? Who played what?

• @McD said:
    That's great. Did you play all the instruments or share the instrumental duties with the group? Who played what?

Thanks for listening @McD. One man band on those tracks. Note playing was all midi keyboard or mouse.

• @ecamburn said:
    One man band on those tracks. Note playing was all midi keyboard or mouse.

That's even more impressive for the illusion of a studio session of instrumentalists.
    The guitar is an effective imitation of a real player.

• edited August 2020

Thanks @Moderndaycompiler and @McD. @McD, I’d definitely welcome collaborators.

Some of those oblique strategies are great some are kind of meh. One guy got one that essentially said do nothing. πŸ™‚

• @ecamburn said:
    One guy got one that essentially said do nothing. πŸ™‚

I get that one a lot these days. πŸ˜…

• @Moderndaycompiler said:

@ecamburn said:
    One guy got one that essentially said do nothing. πŸ™‚

I get that one a lot these days. πŸ˜…

Yeah he was pretty excited. πŸ™‚

• This guy was John Cage, and he composed 4'33 :lol:

I'm not sure if i'm thick, or maybe the language can be a barrier (although I consider myself fluent :sunglasses:), but i'm not even sure what to make out of "Assemble some of the elements in a group and treat the group." or if it's supposed to be vague lol

I would interpret as getting a set of instruments/tracks, and apply the same rules to them regarding compositional rules and maybe effects.

Awesome EP, btw :love:

• Interesting idea. I wish I would have thought of that. I did pretty boring stuff like sending multiple tracks to the same effects send and creating new voices by sending the same midi to 2 different synth tracks then mixing the tracks together.

Thanks for listening @senhorlampada