Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I’m looking for an app that does scales mode

Is something like this exist? On the Launchkey MK3 you can set a scale (let’s say C Major) and if you play a G#, will you hear an A because G# is not in the C Major Scale. I cannot believe I can’t acheive the same result with an iOS app (Drambo maybe? But I’m not creative enough to find how).

If you have suggestions, I’m here to listening.

Thanks!

Comments

• Rozeta has the scaler plugin which I think can do this 🤔 if you have it, look into it

• There are so many of these scale lock apps.
    But Rozeta has one called Scaler if you have Rozeta.

If you don’t have Rozeta...
    Why don’t you have Rozeta?

• @david_2017 said:
    Rozeta has the scaler plugin which I think can do this 🤔 if you have it, look into it

I don’t have it. But if someone can confirm me that it does the job, I will buy the app for sure.

• It does do that.
    Rozeta is great value for $10.

But if you want a cheaper one, Scalebud does a little more for scales, and is $5.
    I personally think Rozeta is the better value for $10 though.
    It is packed with useful midi utilities.

• If you have Mozaic then there are a few scaler scripts as well.

Probably others as well.

• edited August 2020

@Montreal_Music said:
    I cannot believe I can’t acheive the same result with an iOS app (Drambo maybe? But I’m not creative enough to find how).

What that's called is a scale quantizer. Luckily Drambo does actually have one in the 'misc' section as the CV QUANTIZER module. Routing Midi to CV > CV Quantizer > Note Gen > Midi Out should cover you. (then you'd place Drambo between your controller and an external instrument).

For more scales, there's a huge Scale Compendium project on patch storage. Then you can just load up a preset in the quantizer module with the setup below, and play away without hitting any wrong notes.
    https://patchstorage.com/scale-compendium-use-this-one/

Here's the basic config. Only downside is it's limited to 8 voices (the max voice count of midi to cv module).
    In this example, the entire key range is constricted to D Minor:

• Rozeta is one of the best things On iOS for midi, you can filter, sequence and generate stuff. You get 10 AU apps for the price of 1. Buy now.

• Particles is simply amazing!
    Yes rozeta is well worth the quid for two Starbucks coffee

• Best forum ever, thank you all!