Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Regular iPad / Air vs. Pro stability

edited August 2020 in Other
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• my ipad pro 2016 9.7 128gb is generally pretty stable though not as powerful cpu wise as many newer machines, I love it though...

• edited August 2020

I have a 2017 base model and upgraded to a 2017 10.5 Pro. There were zero things better on the base model. The 2017 Pro has way more speed, stability, usefulness Etc. The screen is better, the higher refresh has never negatively impacted audio for me etc. Pro is great, although to call anything Pro on iOS with the file system situation being as flakey as it is... well, that is a separate discussion that effects all models.

From what i understand there is a later generation of Pro model (2018?) that may have had some weirdness with 44 vs 48 khz or something when using headphones or audio interfaces or something... something something... I don’t specifically know but I think various devs had to accommodate it or iOS updates helped this... not sure. Anyway, I love saving money but I love saving frustration too so Pro (or maybe Air) is the minimum to me now.

• I have the 2018 Pro, and I have no music related problems. None caused by the iPad anyway ;). I used to have the previous iPad Pro, the huge 12.9 incher that’s as big as a tea tray, and that was also fine. I’d say it’s more economical in the end to get the latest model you can, because it will last longer.

That said, the 2020 iPad Pro is more or less identical to the 2018 model. Same CPU, same GPU (with one more core!), different cameras. You can probably get a great deal on one. If I had to replace my current 2018 iPad, I would just get the same one again.

• @mistercharlie said:
    I have the 2018 Pro, and I have no music related problems. None caused by the iPad anyway ;). I used to have the previous iPad Pro, the huge 12.9 incher that’s as big as a tea tray, and that was also fine. I’d say it’s more economical in the end to get the latest model you can, because it will last longer.

That said, the 2020 iPad Pro is more or less identical to the 2018 model. Same CPU, same GPU (with one more core!), different cameras. You can probably get a great deal on one. If I had to replace my current 2018 iPad, I would just get the same one again.

The 2020 model haa 6gb ram standard though. That could make a difference.

• I don’t know if I’m qualified to comment on this yet, I literally just upgrade from my IPad Air 2 to a 2020 12.9 IPad Pro yesterday and have been going thru a lot of apps and so far so good. I got the 1tb because I want to be able to not worry about running out of space like I did with the 128 gigs on the Air2 and I plan on editing 4K video in Luma Fusion. Be advised, I ordered mine from the Apple Store on June 28th and it just got here yesterday , July 31st. I would definitely try to buy it in person somewhere if possible, idk...maybe the Apple Store has them in stock now, but if not be prepared for a possible looooong wait if not and you order from there. Anyway I love it so far, I’m not sure I’d grab the Pro if I’m going out somewhere before my Air2 because it does feel huge in comparison lol. I’m actually typing this on my Air2 right now, it’s just easier to hold.

• I’m also considering replacing my Air 2 as it is acting up so looked into getting either the Air 3 or go Pro. However, there are rumours floating about that the Air 4 might be due September/October time, so I’m holding off for now. Rumour has it it will be an 11 inch iPad (Pro size) with lower price than the current Air.

• edited August 2020

ipad 2020 pro got 6gb ram, better cooling (less throttling) and same cpu with 1 unlocked core and a new camera (taped over mine day1).
    go for 2020 model. u save it in the long run and 6gb helps alot. Got the 11" for me the 12.9 is way to clunky.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Eriko said:

The 2020 model haa 6gb ram standard though. That could make a difference.

I forgot about that.