Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just found this cool imgur gallery of Figure App scales

Comments

• Seems as if the image no longer exists...

• @johnfromberkeley : repost/screen grab?

• I hope @johnfromberkeley saved the shot since I am really curious how it looked ;)

• edited August 2020

Maybe this?

https://tinyurl.com/yxf4d9lz

Text and images from 'disule' on imgur

Just to break down how the keyboard here translates.

This runs relative to whatever key you're in (hint: always 3 halfsteps/tones lower than relative major; & that's "relative" as opposed to "parallel minor", in this case C minor).

Make the root triad major and tack on a minor 7th interval to make this a dominant fifth (in this case resolving to D)

Sharpens the key ("loses" a flat or "gains" a sharp)

D minor Dorian is quintessential here. Now why is it that we're doing a minor 4th on this spot? Idk, why not, I guess?

See so this is where Dorian should typically live. Whatever. They're both versatile.

Raised fourth sounds drunk. Go home, Fourth, you're dunnished.

Do re me fa sol la ti do, Bish.

Bagpipes, Amazing Grace, and other staples are in this mode.

As opposed to the relative minor. Look it up if you're confused, Wikipedia is free, you know…

Love this ish right here. #flatTwo mixed with major third = exotic sound. Prepare to be mindblown.

Am I wrong? I love Phrygian. It's the flat two.

Here she is again. Chiller with the minor 3rd triad, but still.

• Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol La Ti?

Solfège is not like the French scale? Weird. In French we say « Si » and not « Ti ». I’ve learned something. Thanks

• Yes. Sorry for the bad URL.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol La Ti?

Solfège is not like the French scale? Weird. In French we say « Si » and not « Ti ». I’ve learned something. Thanks

Original Solfège is Si
    Some places changed it to Ti so the first letter won't repeat. :wink: