Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fugue Machine IAA <-> AU

tjatja
edited August 2020 in General App Discussion

Normally prefering IAA / Standalone Apps in general, as they look better and the user interface is normally far superior, i now tried Fugue Machine as AU in AUM.

And either i am totally missing something, or it does not work at all.

Normally, i would stop any head i dont want, add some notes for the other heads, press their respective play button and then the general play button on the left - and things start moving.

I cannot get any playhead to move at all in the AU.

Like the App is dead.

Comments

• you need to press play on the transport in AUM

• @wellingtonCres said:
    you need to press play on the transport in AUM

Ahhhhh πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Yes, that helps.
    Was so used that FM works on itself, that i not even came to this idea.

Thanks

• It works in Cubasis for me, but I can’t drag the markers to change the length of the loop. I’m testing iOS 14, though, so it could be that.

• tjatja
    edited August 2020

@mistercharlie said:
    It works in Cubasis for me, but I can’t drag the markers to change the length of the loop. I’m testing iOS 14, though, so it could be that.

It's not my day, it seems.

curses on

Cannot tell how much i hate the stupidity of Steinberg, @LFS
    Being blunt on purpose here, to get attention.

Not even in Cubasis 3, there is any way of searching for an App / AU to be loaded!
    Nothing!

Whats even worse, the Apps are not listed by their name, but by their company!
    So you may search for "Fugue" somewhere but never find it.
    And the need to search the list again, and again.
    And that's many, many entries and it takes a long, long time!

It's simply bad, @LFS - and you know this!!!

I cannot even remember any other App that does not offer a search.
    But that may be, because i mostly use AudioBus and AUM, which both are perfect in this regard (AUM lacking Favorites, sadly).

curses off

Anyway, i scrolled up and down several times in the AudioUnit section in both C2 and C3, but my eyes could not find the Fugue Machine AU at all.
    Then i remembered that it instead may be listed as an effect and finally found it in C3, but still not in C2

That may partly explain why normally prefer IAA / Standalone, it simply works, without any problem or required hidden knowledge.

Anyway πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

i could change the length / number of bars in the Fugue Machine AU in Cubasis 3, no problem here.
    So that may be iOS 14 related, i am on 13.6