Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soup Granular

The app is currently on sale. Reviews are very negative. In my notes it says ‘sample import only via iTunes’. Shudder. Does anyone have any experience with it?

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/soup-granular/id1358214341

Old threads:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/25922/new-app-by-the-strange-agency-soup-granular/p1

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29879/soup-granular-alternatives

Comments

• I’m also interested if it is worth now?

There is a way to open audio files in it if suoi lot use iTunes?

• When FRMS hit i never searched for anything that spacecraft, boarderland and FRSM couldn’t offer
    (If you like put tardigrain in the list but we never clicked unfortunately)

• Ok. Bought. It doesn’t even open on iPad iOS 13.6. Sorry but ai will have to wake refund🥴

• edited August 2020

It used to allow import of wav files. The import menu is broken (jammed against the left side of the frame) and Open In doesn’t work now. I’d say it needs an update. It actually is a pretty cool app but not in its current state. It opens in 13.6 for me.

• @CracklePot said:
    Poup

It’s pretty good otherwise and I can’t imagine this would be difficult to fix but who knows? Downside is I don’t know how responsive this dev is. I tweeted at them.

• It won’t open but is a must buy if you like flash effects.

• @Charlesalbert said:

It won’t open but is a must buy if you like flash effects.

I can’t get mine to do that! 😆😆😆

• Sooo, to sum up, the app is a tentative go.

/late-stage GAS

• It’s a wonderful and pretty unique effect. I have only ever used it once in a track though. Wouldn’t recommend it even though I like the sound because the developer just doesn’t seem able to keep their apps up to date.

A spendy curiosity if you are feeling flush.

• Yeh, got it on a whim ages ago but hardly used it and needs an update.

Opens up OK for me on latest iOS (IPad Pro 9.7) but file import is broken.

Cool concept that needs a more attentive dev.

• Did the latest update fix import for you?

• It can import from files app again everything seems to be working.

• I found out that the crash is due to sample rate of the new iPad. Using it with external audio card and is not crashing anymore

• edited August 2020

This is the sort of thing I would definitely buy. But, um, only if it worked including wav import/ export on 13.6 on an IPad Air. From the above, sounds too dicey to try at the moment. I’ll wait and see if it gets any love from the dev - @tsa. Fingers crossed, as it does sound very much like my kind of strange.

• even after the 2 aug update
    crashes here (ipad air 3)
    every time at start:(

• @waka_x does the iPad Air 3 has the 48000Hz sample rate?

Could you try maybe using external audio card?

• The update has improved things for me. I think @tsa is the developer. Thank you @tsa ! I take it back. You are keeping Soup updated which is awesome.

You know, I just played with this again and it is just a wonderful and unique effect. A real oddity. I’m going to try to work it into a track again.

• I'm not seeing an update yet in UK

• edited August 2020

Update fixed files for me, nice!

• Hey guys, yeah, sorry, I've been swamped working on another project and haven't had time for Soup 🥺

I finally dug in and fixed the crash caused by mono files, added an import button so you can get documents from Apple's Files (copy to Soup from AudioShare still works), fixed the file popover sizing, and built for a more recent OS. Tested on an iPad Pro running iOS 13.6.

Hopefully that addresses most of the above! No idea what that crazy flash crash is about, but I added Crashlytics, so maybe I'll get some insight there.

I'll try to get a freemium build together, so more people can try it without having to pay first. Working through the intricacies of IAP now.

• @tsa said:.

I'll try to get a freemium build together, so more people can try it without having to pay first. Working through the intricacies of IAP now.

That would be awesome!

• @tsa said:
    Hey guys, yeah, sorry, I've been swamped working on another project and haven't had time for Soup 🥺

I finally dug in and fixed the crash caused by mono files, added an import button so you can get documents from Apple's Files (copy to Soup from AudioShare still works), fixed the file popover sizing, and built for a more recent OS. Tested on an iPad Pro running iOS 13.6.

Hopefully that addresses most of the above! No idea what that crazy flash crash is about, but I added Crashlytics, so maybe I'll get some insight there.

Thanks for the fixes, I think it's a 48K sample rate issue causing the startup crash.

• sorry but it still crashes at start here: iPad Air 3, iOS 13.6 !:(

• @Carnbot said:

@tsa said:
    Hey guys, yeah, sorry, I've been swamped working on another project and haven't had time for Soup 🥺

Thanks for the fixes, I think it's a 48K sample rate issue causing the startup crash.

Yes is this for sure.

Tested on old iPad and it’s opening fine.

Had same issue with Samplr and Marcos told me that was because the sample rate.

• Update not available for iOS12, minimum is now 13 it seems

• It opens OK when I have headphones plugged in, crashes if I don’t. So is definitely a sample rate issue.

• Pretty cool app!

• Aaah! Soup for breakfast! Thanks for the fix @tsa 😎👍🏼

• @Gavinski said:
    Pretty cool app!

Smells like a new tutorial?🤙🏽