Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

sound like a CHORUS but is DELAY!? | haQ attaQ

The only thing separating a Chorus, Flanger and a Haas effect from one another is Time … well that and Modulation, so two things i guess. But they’re all really just based on Delay Effects.

Apps used: AUM, FD-1 Filter Delay, NuRack, DDMF MagicDeathEye

haQattaQ

Comments

• That was another good one Jacob. It made me buy NuRack to get the Visual widgets.
    I'm happy to say the Reverb it includes is excellent. Now I have a dozen "long tail" reverbs
    but one of them can show you a scope of a truly washed out signal.

• @McD said:
    That was another good one Jacob. It made me buy NuRack to get the Visual widgets.
    I'm happy to say the Reverb it includes is excellent. Now I have a dozen "long tail" reverbs
    but one of them can show you a scope of a truly washed out signal.

It’s pretty neat isn’t it? I can’t even make a patch without adding that scope to the chain. :)

• The $10 app is worth it for the scope alone... it's beautifully done. I was going to pass
    because I have every other FX category in the app so I figured it was a waste for me
    but I'll probably use it a lot. (I always say that).

• McDMcD
    edited August 2020

I was thinking about time-based effects and I wish someone would code a "Dopler Effect"
    like the subtle combination of a train signal bell as heard from the train. The Pitch is shifted
    higher as you appoach the bell but as you get closer it drops to actual pitch as you pass the bell and then drops off in pitch as you race away from the bell. So, the combination of a
    pitch shift with 3D volume change.

Is there a time-base FX that does that for an input signal? Just curious. Like the shepard's tone effect I guess you could built it into a DAW track with a coordinated pitch shifter and
    pan/volume automation. It operates on a multi-second time scale.

Probably a musical cliche since the sound effect is used a lot. A police car siren also exhibits the Dopler Effect as it passes you. Car engines and motorcycles too. I wonder how fast you have to move to have a noticeable pitch shift?

• Stria has this but it can't be used as an effect on external audio. I'm trying to remember if Moebius also has that but I can't remember for sure and am not in front of my iPad @McD

• McDMcD
    edited August 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Stria has this but it can't be used as an effect on external audio. I'm trying to remember if Moebius also has that but I can't remember for sure and am not in front of my iPad @McD

It sounds like the creative sound processing concept ApeSoft or Amazing Noises would implement. Maybe @daveypoo will weigh in on the question.