Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TB Midi Stuff Update Coming Late 2020

From their FB page today

“ Just to say that TB MIDI Stuff v3, which fix a lot of bugs due to the evolution of iOS and be entirely rethought, is on the way.

This major update will be available in 2020, november. And it will also work on macOS Catalina et Big Sur (Apple Silicon ready !).“

Comments

• I'm really looking forward to this!
    Lemur is the more powerful app but TB Midi Stuff has the beautiful photorealistic UI elements.

• @thinds said:
    From their FB page today

“ Just to say that TB MIDI Stuff v3, which fix a lot of bugs due to the evolution of iOS and be entirely rethought, is on the way.

This major update will be available in 2020, november. And it will also work on macOS Catalina et Big Sur (Apple Silicon ready !).“

Good to hear.

Look forward to it.

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

Wow! I did not see that coming. I love TB Midi Stuff but stopped using it for years since it looked to be the end of the road for it. As much as I appreciate Midi Designer Pro, TB has always been much better IMO, and way easier on the eyes too.

• TB as in ToneBoosters?! Which app are you talking about?

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

@david_2017 It’s a MIDI control surface designer somewhat like MIDI Designer Pro 2. It’s been around forever, but dormant for a long, long time.

No relation to ToneBoosters.

• Do you guys use this to control things in other apps like AUM etc or only to control things on a second device?

• It took me a while to NOT read TB as "Turtle Beach"... the company that created the
    Gravis Ultra Sound (GUS) audio card. Now I also think of TB as ToneBoosters.

TBStuff looks like an IOS developer from the IOS 5 era (2012 or so). TB MIDI Stuff is
    a GUI app for MIDI control of external hardware when the iPhone was a revolutionary
    touchable surface. "Look ma', no noisy Pots...". When did the iPhone get bluetooth MIDI
    anyway? Remember the early iPhone/iPad connectors? I have an iRig MIDI device around here that has the big harmonica connector on it for an iPad 1. Still works but falls off a lot.

• Just used it yesterday to quickly test Bluetooth midi transmission to hardware via midimittr

• Looking forward. Last time he was active he mentioned straightforward sysex handling among other things that could set it apart again.

• @Gavinski said:
    Do you guys use this to control things in other apps like AUM etc or only to control things on a second device?

Yes

• @wim said:

@Gavinski said:
    Do you guys use this to control things in other apps like AUM etc or only to control things on a second device?

Yes

Yes to the first question or the second haha?

• For those who don’t know TB Stuff, they also have a great synth called iTuttle. And no, it’s not AU https://apps.apple.com/au/app/ituttle/id707128902

• @Gavinski said:

@wim said:

@Gavinski said:

Yes

It’s MIDI. It’ll go most places...

• @Gavinski said:

@wim said:

@Gavinski said:

Yes

Yes

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Gavinski said:

@wim said:

@Gavinski said:

Yes

Sure it will, I'm just thinking about workflow. I have always liked the idea of using these as a master controller for AUM, but my workflow, the apps I use etc, is too changeable.

• @Gavinski said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Gavinski said:

@wim said:

@Gavinski said:

Yes

Sure it will, I'm just thinking about workflow. I have always liked the idea of using these as a master controller for AUM, but my workflow, the apps I use etc, is too changeable.

That's my main issue and the reason why I gave up on all these fancy controllers released year after year...
    It's either to limited for specific use or a nightmare to maintain. TBs biggest advantage is that you can design a controller quick and easy on iPad/Phone.

• @Gavinski said:

Mostly knobless hardware but in its current state it’s extremely crashy. Looking forward to the update.

• Came here to post this, glad I searched before :lol:
    Just read it on their website. Caught me by surprise