Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mac music applications and plugins that want to read your contacts and other shady things

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Audacity has never read my contacts.

• @Max23 said:
    Audacity
    Dexted
    Idrum

What else to add to the wall of shame?

Links?

• I have all but iDrum and none of the other apps have requested any access to my contacts.
    (Audacity requested access to the microphone but that's ok since it's used for recording).

Audacity 2.4.2 fixed audio recording under Caralina and Dexed gets daily usage as AUv3 in Logic Pro X.

I've still not figured out how to record one selected input in Audacity to a track, channel 1 works but if I need to record channel 2 I need to record both 1 & 2 and then delete 1, it gets annoying when I need to record channels 3 & 4, then I need to record all 4 channels and delete 1 & 2...
    ...pretty annoying but it could be a 'user malfunction' as well?!

I'm on a 6-Core 2018 Mac Mini running Catalina 10.15.6...

• edited July 2020
  • I just installed the latest release on macOS Catalina. It does not appear in any permissions other than the mic.

• It might just be wanting to read your “me” card to automatically enter your name for registration purposes?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited July 2020

Better check you don't have a hacked version. Or delete it entirely, verify the entries are gone, then re-download, verify the checksum, and re-install.

• edited July 2020
  • I would just assume that everything you do on any electronic device is being logged because it is.

• edited August 2020
  • @Max23 said:

@rms13 said:
    I would just assume that everything you do on any electronic device is being logged because it is.

This is totally different
    Why on earth should a music application or plugin ever read my calendar or my contacts?
    It doesn’t make any sense at all.
    Its simply user hostile bs with unclear intention that may not be in my best interest. :#

Because personal is one of the most valuable commodities in the current economy so any and every company that can harvest your data and sell it are. Apple does it so it doesn't really matter if any apps you use do if you have an Apple ID and are using their hardware. Same with Android/Google and Microsoft. Maybe move to Linux and all open source software if you are really concerned

• edited August 2020

go ahead and read my only 3 contacts (mom my psychiatrist and my butcher)

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

@ehehehe said:

Because personal is one of the most valuable commodities in the current economy so any and every company that can harvest your data and sell it are. Apple does it so it doesn't really matter if any apps you use do if you have an Apple ID and are using their hardware. Same with Android/Google and Microsoft. Maybe move to Linux and all open source software if you are really concerned

Do you have a source for this? AFAIK Apple has a way better track record than Oogle or Microsoft... See this

I started to reply to that one too, with a bunch of technical gobbledygook from what I've been learning about iOS/MacOS development, but decided it wasn't worth the effort. From what is visible as far as protections go, Apple is one of the best. Can't say what side deals they might have going deep-background though of course. :D

I feel sorry for anyone curious enough to look into my personal info. Watching paint dry would be more interesting.