Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATOM Piano Roll update is coming soon

So i pulled the trigger and bought ATOM came across it while debating on Cubasis 3 . I reached to Audioveek and he responded with this :smile:

“Yes feel free to post to the AB forum.

There’s quite a few things that are coming in the new version. Some of the features evident in the screenshot are loop markers, quantum and swing options, midi channels, custom user themes, user addons/scripts, midi import/export, but there’s quite a lot more that will be uncovered with the release :)

Thanks for the interest!
Victor”

Comments

• Super good news

• This is fantastic news! 👏 Can’t wait..
    I still use it on pretty much every AUM session..

• Excellent!

• Beautiful...

• Oh, my word, this is most welcome. I still use Atom in every project, and now it will be even better. Can't wait 😁.

• Great news.

• very happy about this

• Fantastic. I used it every single day. Great to hear some news

• Excellent news!

• This is great news. I've also got some money down on LK to evolve, but I do enjoy working in Atom. And with the built in midi channel: do you suspect that this means you don't have to open up dozens of instances of Atom but you can edit each clip layer from within one frame??

The downside: This puts me back in the cycle of just holding on until my workflow is perfect, which it will be once [INSERT APP HERE] is updated!

I sometimes feel working in iOS like Leonard Shelby in "Memento," who is always missing key pages of the document that will help him solve his wife's murder.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    This is great news. I've also got some money down on LK to evolve, but I do enjoy working in Atom. And with the built in midi channel: do you suspect that this means you don't have to open up dozens of instances of Atom but you can edit each clip layer from within one frame??

The downside: This puts me back in the cycle of just holding on until my workflow is perfect, which it will be once [INSERT APP HERE] is updated!

I sometimes feel working in iOS like Leonard Shelby in "Memento," who is always missing key pages of the document that will help him solve his wife's murder.

I tried LK, but it is at least for me difficult to use, not very intuitive. I was finally able to record midi but can not get it to trigger notes on playback. Anyways wanted something to loop record in AUM and possibly use in Audio Evolution Mobile Studio( doesnt loop record but at $9 why not) ALL in $16 for AEM and ATOM.

Cubasis 3 could really do it all but I think I will wait for a sale.

• @zah said:
    @joniqwest I don't see anything in his response to you that suggests that the update is "coming soon". It's definitely due though - the last update was well over a year ago!

He said in separate email hopefully soon , but clearly he is working on it. I purchased it for what it does now, I would love midi import /export but not a deal breaker for me.

• Hope there’s CC support

• @Jeezs ask for it!

• Great news

• This is excellent. Import/export will make transferring over to cubasis much easier. I can noodle and just transfer over. This will make my workflow much much better!

• @zah said:
    @joniqwest I don't see anything in his response to you that suggests that the update is "coming soon". It's definitely due though - the last update was well over a year ago!

The fact that he is able to do a build suggests it won't be long. If I understand correctly, the reason development stalled was because the initial release relied on use of some coding choices that worked at one time but were really not supported. Those techniques stopped working in the next version of XCode and required s major rewrite of the codebase. Since he has a full-time job, completely rewriting the codebase was taking a lot calendar time.

Now that he has a new codebase, I'd expect things to move somewhat quickly.

• Great news!

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    This is excellent. Import/export will make transferring over to cubasis much easier. I can noodle and just transfer over. This will make my workflow much much better!

YUP !

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    This is excellent. Import/export will make transferring over to cubasis much easier. I can noodle and just transfer over. This will make my workflow much much better!

Transfer over to desktop (Maschine)...

• I can't see the "tempo multiplier" button on that picture. Hope the dev didn't remove it. It s a very usefull function.

• @zah said:

@joniqwest said:

@zah said:

He said in separate email hopefully soon , but clearly he is working on it. I purchased it for what it does now, I would love midi import /export but not a deal breaker for me.

Does your separate email say if this is a brand new app along with the hopefully soon?
    The pic you posted says Atom | Piano Roll 2 ; seems to suggest another purchase, and not an update.

I think it's probably too soon to speculate, but I guess it's possible that such a ground-up rewrite may force him to split from version 1.0 so that he doesn't affect backwards compatibility with projects that were built using the old version.

If this is true, I am almost certain he will figure out some bundle that gets you version 2.0 for free (or pocket change) if you already purchased 1.0.

• Would love to see ATOM getting some love, but how to you see in this response a „soon“ update?
    Anyways I would welcome a drag and drop midi file playback feature in there.

• I’m optimistic but trying not to get my hopes up too much. I think I had a similar email from the dev a year ago about an update coming soon.

• @GrimLucky said:
    I’m optimistic but trying not to get my hopes up too much. I think I had a similar email from the dev a year ago about an update coming soon.

The last emails from the dev here were from before he had rewritten the code and they didn't give the impression to me that the update was coming soon.

• You wish you could pull @blueveek into the forum from stage left the way Woody Allen summons Marshall McLuhan in "Annie Hall."

• Holy hell.... Swing, midi import/export, Moving the loop start point!!! Awwww sh!t man. Amazing news. One of my most used apps, will be turning into one of my favorite and most used apps. Sweet. I’m pumped. A good update here could be the answer to some of the iOS music production complications, at least in my workflow.

@blueveek more than 40 bars would be amazing too.

Thanks for sharing @joniqwest

• This app really is priceless to me already.. as is.. I’ve more than got my money’s worth..
    If it becomes Atom 2.0, I’ll still shell out whatever the asking price..
    Any improvements OR a completely fresh new app, I don’t care.. I’ll take it for whatever it is and (ab)use the hell out of it..
    @blueveek You can have my money now..

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Holy hell.... Swing, midi import/export, Moving the loop start point!!! Awwww sh!t man. Amazing news. One of my most used apps, will be turning into one of my favorite and most used apps. Sweet. I’m pumped. A good update here could be the answer to some of the iOS music production complications, at least in my workflow.

+1

@royor said:
    This app really is priceless to me already.. as is.. I’ve more than got my money’s worth..
    Any improvements OR a completely fresh new app, I don’t care.. I’ll take it for whatever it is and (ab)use the hell out of it..

+1

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Holy hell.... Swing, midi import/export, Moving the loop start point!!! Awwww sh!t man. Amazing news. One of my most used apps, will be turning into one of my favorite and most used apps. Sweet. I’m pumped. A good update here could be the answer to some of the iOS music production complications, at least in my workflow.

+1

@royor said:
    This app really is priceless to me already.. as is.. I’ve more than got my money’s worth..

+1

+1(2)

This discussion has been closed.