Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best Place to Freelance Remixing Music?

Hi everybody. I'm looking to start a business in remixing music, but I'm not sure where to start. Would you recommend Fiverr or something else? Thank you. :)

Comments

• Remixing is a dodgy one.. Normally you get request from Artist or label.. I tried on Soundcloud, but got my first warning.. It was Aretha Franklin Track.. But I didn’t get caught with Dean Martin (Reggae Dub Remix).. It’s all about copyright.. You have to get permission.. I think covers are ok to a degree?...

• At this moment, competition seems to be not very high on Fivrr for this specific topic. Maybe a good opportunity for a skilled guy like you. But risky business, yes...

• @studs1966 said:
    Remixing is a dodgy one..

I'll bet @jwmmakerofmusic wants to "mix and master" to produce finished audio files and not create "remixes" from existing audio products.

• @McD I think I should clarify. What I mean is, if someone makes a song and wants, say, an EDM remix of it, I could do that. If someone has recorded a vocal but doesn't know how to produce a full track around it, I could do that for them. :) Remixing an already-existing song from, say, Aretha Franklin or Dean Martin, is not exactly what I'm interested in doing, and it certainly would land me in legal trouble. Then I wouldn't be making profit but rather spending money on a lawyer. :lol:

@cuscolima Thanks mate. :) If the competition isn't very high, this could be my way to freelance.

@studs1966 Not sure about remixing for an actual label but rather helping people out for a fee. I should've been a bit more clear in what I meant, but I wrote the original post in a rush. :lol: Cheers mate. :)

• Aha! Got it. So it is re-mixing but with the source materials coming from the artist.

• Not sure about making money from it now. I’ve always remixed for other bands as it was a way for cross promotion for both projects. The only people that would charge for a remix were the bigger bands in the genre or the ones who thought they were. They would usually charge around $100 a remix.

• @McD said:
    Aha! Got it. So it is re-mixing but with the source materials coming from the artist.

Exactly! Like remixing up-and-comers, or vocalists who need a track built around their vocals, stuff like that basically. I probably wouldn't charge more than $25-$50 per remix to be honest. Want to keep the price fair. (If you disagree with the price and think I should go higher/lower, give me your thoughts mate. :) ) I'm a musical chameleon in that I produce in many different genres, mostly EDM.

Sidenote - what sparked this topic and idea is I stumbled across this video from RoomieOfficial today...

...and after listening to the various underwhelming versions of his song, I'm like "Well shit, that's a way to make money, and I can do better and more professional on an iPad than what most of those folks did for Roomie." :lol: Most of them didn't even produce a full track for Roomie's vocals except for one slightly decent Future House version.

@iOSTRAKON Really mate? So what genre(s) have you remixed songs in? :)

• Hope you try fivrrrr @jwmmakerofmusic and report back about your experiences. You might run into some difficult clients [unless you specific about the edm sound etc]. Good luck!!!