Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Are you working on an album // just released something ??

I’m close to turning all of these demos into an album. Need to sit down and evaluate what the first iOSTRAKON will be like.

Comments

• I look forward to hearing it.
    I like all the stuff you have posted on here.

• Appreciate that! I’m starting to believe that releasing an EP first might be the way to go

@Small_paul1976 said:
    I look forward to hearing it.
    I like all the stuff you have posted on here.

• One album every year. Write at least 12 songs and choose the best 6 or 8.

It’s actually amazing that this is even possible without ever having to set foot in a studio.

Of course it doesn’t mean that anyone will actually ever listen to those albums... But at least I get to make them. 👍

Good luck with yours @iOSTRAKON I reckon it will be noisy 😎

• @iOSTRAKON
    Aye, go hard.
    I'm similarly reworking all my sketches. But I don't have sonic cohesion for an album, so I started releasing singles instead. One every month. Dropped my first last month and 99.8% ready to release the second.

• Totally agree. We live in a golden era of being able to make pro sounding noise at a fraction of the cost. Thanks and keep churning your noise.

@richardyot said:
    One album every year. Write at least 12 songs and choose the best 6 or 8.

It’s actually amazing that this is even possible without ever having to set foot in a studio.

Of course it doesn’t mean that anyone will actually ever listen to those albums... But at least I get to make them. 👍

Good luck with yours @iOSTRAKON I reckon it will be noisy 😎

Seems like singles are a good way to go right now. I’ve released 5 albums so far under different projects but I might handle this project a little differently. I’m old school so it’ll be different for me to stray away from the full album experience. Good luck with your next single.

@DatGood said:
    @iOSTRAKON
    Aye, go hard.
    I'm similarly reworking all my sketches. But I don't have sonic cohesion for an album, so I started releasing singles instead. One every month. Dropped my first last month and 99.8% ready to release the second.

• I always have a few groups of similar themed tracks on the go, usually they are defined by the main app / process and I organize / master them in Cubasis. As for finishing and sharing them as albums it is tough to pull the trigger. I feel like it is because I tell myself that if I export them to desktop I could take them so much further but that never works out anymore as the old ‘raarrrr, desktop is job’ thing kicks in and I just cant drag myself to the computer on my time off. I used to when I was younger but as I get older with aches / pain the desktop time needs to be all about fat stacks which sadly has little to do with music.

I imagine at some point I’ll be satisfied enough with the results finishing / sharing an album made all on iOS. I’ll spare you my current app/feature whine (most of it predictable and shared by others).

• edited July 2020

we (makunouchi bento) had 2 albums out this year:

1) one colab with Silent Strike
    based on sampling and reinterpreting folk songs collected on wax cylinders by Bela Bartok.
    this was a live act and we molded it into an album.

Ghostophonia (free here)
    https://makunouchibento.bandcamp.com/album/ghostophonia

2) one freshly released yesterday
    reinterpreting and extending an OST we did for a mockumentary:

Drowned in Bodrog
    https://makunouchibento.bandcamp.com/album/drowned-in-bodrog

• edited July 2020

I’ve only squeaked out one track this month, as I’ve just moved house and have spent the last few weeks carrying boxes, planting veg, cutting back brambles, unpacking boxes, and drinking. But here it is, incorporating our previous neighbours dog, one of the reasons for the move. Takes a while to get going, like me:

https://thesafetycupboard.bandcamp.com/track/squeak-what

• Yep. Just turned it in to the label about a week ago. It hasn't been sent to mastering yet so I'd imagine it's looking like mid to late August for release, although could be later as there's talk of dropping an EP first.