Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 Feature Requests

Compiling a list of feature requests that are currently spread out among various threads. Hopefully this makes it easier to get these in the hands of @LFS and the Steinberg team.

Multi-Out
Pitch Automation
Improved Automation Editing
MIDI Learn for AUv3
Tempo Tracks
Time Signature Tracks
Folder tracks (see Cubase)
Group track as input for other group track
Clip Launching/Looping
Ableton Link
MPE Support
Linked patterns/events
Resampling audio tracks
Additional drum options
Option to stop loop range auto-movement

Comments

• Support for multi out auv3s is close to the top of my wishlist,
    As well as:
    -Folder tracks (such as those in Cubase)
    -Group track as input option on other group track

• @gosnote said:
    Support for multi out auv3s is close to the top of my wishlist,
    As well as:

Added them.

Out of curiosity, what are the use cases for your folder and group tracks asks there. I’m not terribly familiar with grouping tracks and how they might be used as input for others.

Are groups the same as busses?

• How about Ableton link?

• @fattigman said:
    How about Ableton link?

Added. Good call.

• godgod
    edited April 2020

Improved automation is crucial! The current automation implementation is track-based and moving events around requires the user to also manually move automations by hand. Yuck!

Linked patterns (events?). Like, patterns that you can edit once but the changes are applied to all instances of that pattern.

• I would love to be able to set an audio track to resample to allow capturing auv3s that rely on touch input like reslice or spacecraft.

• edited April 2020

@YourJunk said:

@gosnote said:
    Support for multi out auv3s is close to the top of my wishlist,
    As well as:

Added them.

Out of curiosity, what are the use cases for your folder and group tracks asks there. I’m not terribly familiar with grouping tracks and how they might be used as input for others.

Are groups the same as busses?

@YourJunk
    folder tracks are handy for hiding a group of tracks in the arrange view if you have a ton of tracks. For example you could add all drum tracks to a folder track etc., and minimize / expand the folder whenever you need do some edits. Very useful for relatively small screen ipads not to mention iphones.
    Re group tracks, I route e.g. all kick drums, all snare drums etc. to their own groups for processing, and then would like to further route these to an "all drums" group. Cubasis 3 at the moment doesn't allow you to select a group track as an input to another group track. I use this workflow in Cubase Pro 10.

• A better drum machine needed....and more included midi and audio drum loops....GB amazing for this.....
    IOSSOS

• Support for external sidechain plugins (such as Pro-C2) or even simple internal sidechaining using a native effect plugin.

• Making the looping points moveable by the flags at each end only would be really appreciated. I can’t tell you how many times I’ll be editing a region/clip and a double tap will suddenly shrink my loop markers down to the few bars I was working in.

I hope I’m explaining this clearly, it’s just really annoying after going through editing things and out of nowhere it seems an errant double tap or tap & hold brings the markers out of whack.

• Added the rest.

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Support for external sidechain plugins (such as Pro-C2) or even simple internal sidechaining using a native effect plugin.

Multi-out covers this.

Also FYI 4Pockets SidechainFX works in CB3.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have only one and this would be the very sliced awesome for me:

Drag & Drop for Audiofiles from the Files app

• Assignable (QWERTY)Keyboard shortcut for the most used task.

• Video import and SMPTE.

• edited July 2020
    1. being able to Lock the dam locators its such a annoying thing..resizes when cutting clips. smells.
    2. long tap to select tools. cut copy paste delete...
    3. able to slim down footprint aka delete stock (1gb JUNK) in cb3
    4. folder tracks. anti clutter
    5. the preset before plugin thing, dont like that
  • Ghost patterns (?) basically being able to have connected patterns that when an instance is modified all duplicates change as well. This is first priority!

Change tempo/timesig mid-track

Multiple tracks per instrument Or even multiple lanes per track

Send midi between tracks

• @ecou said:
    Assignable (QWERTY)Keyboard shortcut for the most used task.

This please. 👆 also ability to register mouse/trackpad scrolls

Real time waveform views when recording. Hate recording audio and being clueless about levels in the process. Lot of uncertainty which can create wasted takes.

Minisampler polyphony being able to have a minimum of 1 instead of 16.

Honestly, y’all can bring the features of Cubase over and call it Cubasis Pro and charge 100$-150$ for it. I don’t care about the price, just want to be all iOS and fully featured if the power is there in idevices.

• @god said:
    Improved automation is crucial! The current automation implementation is track-based and moving events around requires the user to also manually move automations by hand. Yuck!

Linked patterns (events?). Like, patterns that you can edit once but the changes are applied to all instances of that pattern.

Ahhhh... God, you called it. And it is good.

• @AudioGus said:

@god said:

Yeah, C3 was pretty much unusable for me before they have implemented it. Now I’m waiting for the other request to be fulfilled :-)

• Drum sequencing step grid....
    Tempo track.....
    Sampler upgrade.....
    Better in house instruments....
    Auto tune for vocals......

I’m not upgrading from Cubasis 2......

• Make the screen as responsive to touch as CB2 was (e.g. I find it very difficult to change the length of individual midi notes in the midi editor and also to change length and move individual audio or midi clips on tracks compared to CB2).
    And speaking of the midi editor, can they remove the duplicate set of controls from the top of it! Coming from CB2, I am constantly pressing the erase button at the top of the tracks instead of the one at the top of the midi editor when deleting individual events which then erases the whole track! Luckily, there is a decent Undo function!

Overall, although CB3 has improved considerably since it was first released, I still find CB3 frustrating to use compared to CB2.

• @IOSSOS said:
    Drum sequencing step grid....
    Tempo track.....
    Sampler upgrade.....
    Better in house instruments....
    Auto tune for vocals......

I’m not upgrading from Cubasis 2......

Yes! I just cannot understand why a drum grid doesn't exist yet. It should have been in the very 1st build of Cubasis.

I find it awkward using the piano roll to sequence the excellent sounding Classic Machines and I've had issues with using program change on Beathawk and other drum machine apps...

• Yes...BeatHawk can be annoying......
    Cubasis could do with some of those BeatHawk libraries too......

And a whole load more loops and midi files bundled in......

• @god said:

@AudioGus said:

@god said:

Yeah, C3 was pretty much unusable for me before they have implemented it. Now I’m waiting for the other request to be fulfilled :-)

Yah I do love linked patterns in NS2.

• godgod
    edited July 2020

@AudioGus said:

@god said:

@AudioGus said:

@god said:

Yah I do love linked patterns in NS2.

I would have happily stayed with NS2 as my lead sled dog because, even without the audio tracks support, its workflow IMO is far superior to any other mobile DAW's workflow and the integrated Obsidian synth is absolutely divine.

But then again, NS2 does have its own flaws, weaknesses and shortcomings (to me it is mainly the lack of plugin automation and the inability to record midi from within plugins. and plugin instability in general). So ATM I run with C3, but always looking forward to any updates on either of the two DAWs. I'll happily even shell out extra $$$ for them.

• Better internal routing options (i.e.to record live twiddling of an AU synth onto an audiotrack)