Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TF8 Issues

What up ya’ll,

Anyone here use TF8 synth? the sounds are filthy but... It’s IAA and I can’t get it to make sounds loading it the same way I load all other IAA synths in BM3. Pads nor keyboard will produce sound. When I route midi on the load page, seems no matter how, I get terrible feedback and stuck notes. When I load Sampletank for example, no issues and I don’t even have to choose a channel or output. If I don’t route midi for TF8 I get no sound after loading the synth, if I do route it to any channel or choose all, notes get stuck and sounds like they are doubling up or God knows what. Any ideas?

Comments

• Hi. Have you checked the MIDI messages being sent by BM3, using an app like MIDI Wrench? There was another scenario recently where an app was sending Note Off messages with the same velocity as the corresponding Note On messages. This should have no effect, but it was affecting a synth (KQ Dixie). Most apps and keyboards send Note Off with velocity 0, and apps may tend to expect this. I wonder if you're having a similar experience.

• Not familiar with midi wrench, honestly the midi routing in BM3 gives me headaches. Logically, I think I got it and then I input everything and it doesn’t work. Strange that all my other IAA apps work fine. I’ll look into midi wrench, maybe that will help. Was hoping someone else was using same combo and knew the issue.

• This won’t be very helpful, but I remember having similar problems a while back.

What a shame… 7 & 8 are great synths.

• The sounds are so rich and sadly out of reach. They just updated TF8, wonder if that caused the issue, hadn’t used it before this update.

• Tried to contact DEV, but their website doesn’t have a general contact section and it is in the dev’s native language. I commented on their latest article and will cross my fingers. Also going to try the midi wrench route. Not the most technical dude, specifically with midi routing and such, but I’ll give it a go. Was hoping someone else had tried the combination and had an answer or validated the problem.

• I don't use BM3, but in AUM it works fine with this setup:

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@king_picadillo - turn off Midi Out to "TF8 Midi Destination" in TF8 midi config. You're getting a midi loop (BM3 -> TF8 -> TF8).

The app should prevent sending it's own midi to itself. I'd call that a bug. :#

• Be nice to see TF8 and TF7 as AUv3. They sound great. Probably never see it. I contacted the dev a while ago with no response.

• @wim I’m officially campaigning to change FTW from For The Win to For The Wim

• TF8 just got updated? Not seeing that on the AppStore.

• It was on Synthy Frog as being updated, that’s what led me back to it. May have been an error on Synthy Frog’s part.

• I think Synthy Frog does makes mistakes sometimes, as I have seen apps flagged as having updates when the App Store shows the last update to be a few years back.

• Most likely what happened because I already had it and I haven’t been prompted to update. Wim’s fix worked like a charm though. Now If I could just figure out how to stop playing the app when I have it loaded in IAA with an arp programmed in TF8 I’d be golden. I don’t see a stop button in TF8 and the transport controls in BM3 wont stop it. For now I’m resorting to manually making an arp in BM3. Anyone know how to stop this thing or is it just getting stuck?

• iOS 13.6 is out.

• @anickt said:
    Be nice to see TF8 and TF7 as AUv3. They sound great. Probably never see it. I contacted the dev a while ago with no response.

Definitely! one of the first synths i bought when I first started making iOS music on my iPhone 4 was the TF8 IAP. Never got TF7 IAP once I upgraded to an iPad, since there were so many more options and it hadn’t seemed to be updated In awhile at the time. But I’m interested in a come back.

• In tf8, I love the arp, and arp randomization features a lot

• TF8 still has the best reverb i heard yet inside an iOS app (beside dedicated reverb apps maybe).
    It also has the best strings from all iOS synths i heard yet. It is a really nice and special app.
    Underrated gem for me.

• So stoked @wim helped me get it working. Been tinkering for hours.

• The lack of a standard keyboard (that I could find anyway) was a bit weird but once you adapt to their input matrix thingy TF8 is just insane.

It's one of the few synths that I have felt comfortable using it's presets without any further fiddling with it's sounds and the arp is really funky, very cool. For what this app does it's one of those must haves on the cheap.