Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

(Drambo) 8+7=15 : A THING OF BEAUTY

Just wanted to share this setup with you all. I don't know how well things will hold up CPU wise, but the fact we can do this with Drambo just excites me. This setup will work great if you have some hardware synths, just point the Midi Channels to those pieces of kit.

Thanks again @giku_beepstreet for this vision of yours which you so willingly shared with the rest of us.

Let's see if this share works for the AUM file:
https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/04FrJqJ1HkS9QvTdhCYD1Q2Pw#8_Out_+_Midi_Control

I also posted the file on the Drambo forum here

Comments

• @echoopera said:
    Just wanted to share this setup with you all. I don't know how well things will hold up CPU wise, but the fact we can do this with Drambo just excites me. This setup will work great if you have some hardware synths, just point the Midi Channels to those pieces of kit.

Thanks again @giku_beepstreet for this vision of yours which you so willingly shared with the rest of us.

Let's see if this share works for the AUM file:
    https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/04FrJqJ1HkS9QvTdhCYD1Q2Pw#8_Out_+_Midi_Control

I also posted the file on the Drambo forum here

The transfer worked seamlessly... Don’t have all the apps.. will try a hack later... Thanks..

• Awesome! Glad the link worked. Hope you and others find it useful!

• I don’t know what it is, but the image of it is very impressive.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I don’t know what it is, but the image of it is very impressive.

Hahahah....what kind of questions do you have? Let me add some more descriptive text to the image. :)

• How can you incorperate a volca drum and modular?

Think the modular would need a cv hardware converter thing maybe.

What about the drum?

Can IOS send and hardware unit recieve to multi channels? Not sure.

Maybe its best to just sample.

• edited July 2020

Ok, I made some edits to the visual and added some more descriptive text to hopefully clarify what is going on in the image :)

• My Air 2 is making interesting noises. Not particularly musical ones in the traditional sense, mind you.

• Here's an overview video walk thru of what's contained in the visual above.
    Hope this helps with setup workflow:

@Philandering_Bastard Doh...sorry about that. Be sure to sample those sounds and use them in your next track :)

• @echoopera said:
    Here's an overview video walk thru of what's contained in the visual above.
    Hope this helps with setup workflow:

@Philandering_Bastard Doh...sorry about that. Be sure to sample those sounds and use them in your next track :)

I might get sued by Merzbow...

• This is going to be a lot of fun today.

• _ki_ki
    edited July 2020

@echoopera Thanks for the video, didn‘t yet try around with Drambo mid out. That setup is quite cool, as you can record and sequence all midi in drambo and drive the whole session with it :)

Your AUM sample session worked well on my iPad, i just had to adjust some minor things: The Flexi-Samplers were missing their samples (i just loaded other instruments to those tracks) and some of the AUv3 FX had to be exchanged, as i didn’t have those.

• edited July 2020

@_ki said:
    @echoopera Thanks for the video, didn‘t yet try around with Drambo mid out. That setup is quite cool, as you can record and sequence all midi in drambo and drive the whole session with it :)

Your AUM sample session worked well on my iPad, i just had to adjust some minor things: The Flexi-Samplers were missing their samples (i just loaded other instruments to those tracks) and some of the AUv3 FX had to be exchanged, as i didn’t have those.

Great to hear. Yeah, I didn't load in most of the FlexiSamplers...since I use a lot of 'found' samples. I really just wanted to provide a starter file for users so they could get 16 instruments going from a single instance of Drambo in AUM. Now that AUM recalls your midi setups, it makes it a great experience...the midi devices just work when you plug them in.

Just create your preferred Template file and you're off to the races as they say.

• Here’s an update to my LaunchPad X setup that i walk thru:

• @echoopera Now that’s a cool Drambo rig!
    Q: Do I need a new LaunchPad? 🤷🏻‍♂️
    A: After watching this.. Absolutely! 🤪
    Thanks for the walk-through and the AUM preset.. great stuff! 👍

• The launchpad X setup looks intriguing.

One question (since I own neither drambo or aum). about step sequencing. In your explanation about your red record button you mention both 'AUM playhead' and drambo .... which of those is recording the sequence ?

• @bibenu said:
    The launchpad X setup looks intriguing.

One question (since I own neither drambo or aum). about step sequencing. In your explanation about your red record button you mention both 'AUM playhead' and drambo .... which of those is recording the sequence ?

Drambo records the sequence. I just arm it and pressing Play on LP makes AUM play as Host, in turn driving Drambo.

• @echoopera said:

Drambo records the sequence. I just arm it and pressing Play on LP makes AUM play as Host, in turn driving Drambo.

Thanks

• What is it, in short words? :o

• edited February 2021

Here's the LaunchPad X setup you can side load via the Components app:
    https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0wczltOTNULkr6cYQcWxClMog#Drambo-share

File:

• @echoopera said:
    This is going to be a lot of fun today.

Nice setup. Looks almost like a command center of a spaceship.
    What times to be alive in!
    I remember when stuff like this was seen only in sf movies :smile:

• Here's a link to a Drambo Template with Midi mapped to the LPX + a few Instrument Racks (Aparillo, Continua, FRMS, Quanta, DrumComputer and FlexiSampler):
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkSsl84VDRZRrjxvTXqUaMePPigY?e=heg3dG