Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria 1.07 Update New improved Audiobus Integration...

I have to say its a breeze now to setup Audiobus...have tried a few apps and just setup Djay, Animoog and some time stretched loops playing together in the time it used to take to setup Auria for Audiobus !

I feel a bit spoiled now....

Loving this so far...

Comments

• it's live on App Store???

• Only the LE version up to press but the full one should follow very soon I think.

• Grrrr, the LE version was up first last time around, too!

• edited April 2013

Yep, sure was. Very frustrating to be second fiddle when I was an early adopter and suffered through the early growing pains. </ rant >

• AURIA LIKE MORE THE LE PEOPLE :-(
    THEY DON'T LIKE OUR MONEY...

• It's probably more to do with apple but I'm not complaining either way.....

• yes, I've got all the complaining covered. ;-)

• It is odd that its happened both times though...

• Full version update now available! :D

• I'd guess that both versions are submitted at roughly the same time, but the one with more features takes Apple longer to test it.

• edited April 2013

That doesn't matter. Developers can chose when to let the app go live.. They could have waited till both were ready. It's straight up planned this way. A little silly i think. ;-)

EDIT: Actually i thought this was a matter of days not a matter of hours... They probably did launch both at the same time. my bad.

• Dudes.

• Rim said the following over at the Auria forum.....

We actually submitted Auria first, then LE (a day apart this time), but we have no control over how Apple reviews this stuff. It's the luck of the draw...

In any case, they are both out now.

Rim

• But they should have held up releasing LE even if it were ready because I paid more!

Not.

• It's surely the luck of the Daw...

• That was dawful...

• @syrupcore its been proven that statistically the people who purchased the LE version went on to buy more plugins....see below...

http://tinybuddha.com/blog/4-steps-to-deal-with-disappointment/

• God I wish I could have just linked to that instead. Brilliant read. Could have been sassy AND helpful at the same time!

• I may have missed something silly but how do you trim clips after the update? I don't appear to have any non destructive trim arrows anymore, I've checked the online manual and nothing seems to have changed...

• I zoom in until the audio clip shows the quarter circle with the arrow in the bottom corner of the side I wish to trim and hold my finger tip on it then slide the audio clip in the direction you want to remove the unwanted portion...you need to zoom in to get the option.

• Thanks. Don't remember having to zoom in that much before, but I suppose it makes sense seeing the audio that detailed when trimming. :)

• I think it was part of the update. Itwas a pain in the ass to be honest before the update, now it's quite a smooth process.

• i havent even had a chance to try out new update yet. Is the time stretching nice?

• The time stretching is very cool!

• @DaveMagoo is correct. Don't worry I did the same thing I was trying different gestures, tap-n-hold, double tap, and finally went to the manual which didn't really say it but showed a picture and the audio clip was zoomed to the screen and then the icons show up.

On another note, I like the duplicate feature now where you grab the bottom fit handle and drag to the right, it copies and pastes the identical section inline and everything so its nice for making loops.