Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Akai MPC beats is what iMPC Pro should have been

Comments

• If they bring this to iOS...

• @anickt said:
    If they bring this to iOS...

We will all moan about missing features and an interface designed for a bigger screen

• I have a feeling we'll get iMPC Pro 3 soon instead of MPC Beats.
    RNyms keeps on pushing AudioCopy sound packs.

I'm not surprised at the Akai's move considering Ableton Lite, Reason Lite etc with Beats you get 16 pads, that's it...

• @BiancaNeve said:

@anickt said:

We will all moan about missing features and an interface designed for a bigger screen

“The Moaning Society” 😆

• edited July 2020

@Samu said:
    I have a feeling we'll get iMPC Pro 3 soon instead of MPC Beats.

I'm not surprised at the Akai's move considering Ableton Lite, Reason Lite etc with Beats you get 16 pads, that's it...

You get way more than 16 pads. I own the MPCX and MPC 2.0 software and this is a limited version of it. It even comes with fx, plugins found in both software and standalone and a bunch a sounds that did not come with some of the hardware. It can also be used as a plugin in you DAW of choice!

• How is this different from MPC 2.0 which I have already? How is it limited?

• edited July 2020

@hansjbs said:

@Samu said:

You get way more than 16 pads. I own the MPCX and MPC 2.0 software and this is a limited version of it. It even comes with fx, plugins found in both software and standalone and a bunch a sounds that did not come with some of the hardware. It can also be used as a plugin in you DAW of choice!

Ok, so what are the 'limitations' of this free version and does it require some iLock or other crap to get installed?
    (Can't find anything on the site?!)

The promo video states 8 plug-in tracks and 2 stereo audio tracks...

• edited July 2020

@Samu said:

@hansjbs said:

@Samu said:

Ok, so what are the 'limitations' of this free version and does it require some iLock or other crap to get installed?
    (Can't find anything on the site?!)

The promo video states 8 plug-in tracks and 2 stereo audio tracks...

Those are the limitations. 8 midi and 2 audio but who cares when you can load it multiple times in your DAW. No ilok no nothing.
    I forgot to add that it can auto sample also. Besides the limitations it can pretty much do almost everything MPC 2.0 can.

• @auxmux said:
    How is this different from MPC 2.0 which I have already? How is it limited?

8 midi and 2 audio. That's the limitation i see right now. It can even auto sample like 2.0

• If you can find a free DAW that loads plugins and you get the MPC Beats and Native instruments Komplete Start which are all free. You have a pretty decent setup to make music. All offer quality sounds. We Didn't have that 10-20 years ago.

• @hansjbs said:

Those are the limitations. 8 midi and 2 audio but who cares when you can load it multiple times in your DAW. No ilok no nothing.
    I forgot to add that it can auto sample also. Besides the limitations it can pretty much do almost everything MPC 2.0 can.

Cool, iLock is a pita so it's good to know it doesn't require anything like that :)
    Time to download then...

• Is there a chance to use it with iMPC?

• edited July 2020

@hansjbs said:
    If you can find a free DAW that loads plugins and you get the MPC Beats and Native instruments Komplete Start which are all free. You have a pretty decent setup to make music. All offer quality sounds. We Didn't have that 10-20 years ago.

Traktion/ waveform has a free version on mac/pc, cakewalk sonar (now bandlab) is free on PC. I agree, you can do a LOT with that. And reaper is $60, studio one artist 5 is $99 and 5 can now use external plugins by default, that used to be an add on. I havent used it but I hear great things.

• edited July 2020

I don’t think it’s VST plug-in

@anickt said:

That would kill the hardware mpc sales ,but yes , it would be dope ....

• edited July 2020

I know the link to the site was posted, some great videos here:
    https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-beats-academy

Created a playlist here:

• @mrufino1 said:

@hansjbs said:
    If you can find a free DAW that loads plugins and you get the MPC Beats and Native instruments Komplete Start which are all free. You have a pretty decent setup to make music. All offer quality sounds. We Didn't have that 10-20 years ago.

Traktion/ waveform has a free version on mac/pc, cakewalk sonar (now bandlab) is free on PC. I agree, you can do a LOT with that. And reaper is $60, studio one artist 5 is $99 and 5 can now use external plugins by default, that used to be an add on. I havent used it but I hear great things.

Many great options these days.

• @hansjbs said:

Zenbeats.

• @ashh said:

@hansjbs said:

If you hurry!

• edited July 2020

Not getting a download link. Anyone else get one? Did it take a while? I expect these things to be instant!

It’s not in my Junk folder.

• It did take a while for me. Not sure how long, maybe 15 minutes?

• @anickt said:
    Not getting a download link. Anyone else get one? Did it take a while? I expect these things to be instant!

It’s not in my Junk folder.

12-24 hrs and waiting x2

• Sounds great...iMPC is not great..hardly use it......
    I like the assign sample to pads chopping while playing a sample...
    Lazy chop isn’t it?
    Yet to be found on an iOS app if I’m not mistaken?

• @IOSSOS said:

>

sEGments can 'lazy chop' an imported sample...
    ...but no 'lazy chop' while recording yet...

• @IOSSOS said:
    Sounds great...iMPC is not great..hardly use it......
    I like the assign sample to pads chopping while playing a sample...
    Lazy chop isn’t it?

It’s there in sEGments...

• Suuuper basic question about ‘Beats’: can users load their own samples and bypass the factory packs entirely?

• @Proppa said:
    Suuuper basic question about ‘Beats’: can users load their own samples and bypass the factory packs entirely?

Yepp, you can both load and record your own samples :)

Only thing I've not yet figured out is how to open the built-in instrument plug-ins, I can only see a list of parameters that can be adjusted. (I've intentionally tried to stay away from reading the manual).

If you also download the additional content (linked in the e-mail) it's around 4GB of samples.

I'll see if I can find a way to 'zoom' the UI as some fonts are too small for me to be readable...

• Thanks @Samu

I was worried it was a infrastructure based exclusively on sold content.

If users can employ the tagging system on their own samples then that’s a very attractive aspect of Beats.

• @Proppa said:
    Thanks @Samu

I was worried it was a infrastructure based exclusively on sold content.

If users can employ the tagging system on their own samples then that’s a very attractive aspect of Beats.

There's no 'encryption' on the *.wav samples either (Ableton is paranoid here with messing the factory *.wav files with custom headers that screw up audio editors) , no iLock or any crazy serials or copy protection and includes a nice uninstaller that clears out all the slack in case one doesn't like it.

I'd say it's well worth the download, including the additional extra packs!

It works as a plug-in as well so if the 10 tracks with 2 audio tracks is not enough...
    ...just add another instance in your DAW of choice :D

• @Samu said:

I'd say it's well worth the download, including the additional extra packs!

Seems like an offer that’s hard to refuse. If it’ll run on relatively ancient OS X I’m in.

• Seems to be only one instance as a plug-in in another DAW. Even so, it’s very good. And very gererous.