Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo WebDAV under Windows

edited July 2020 in App Tips and Tricks

I've just noticed that using WebDAV with a Windows 10 machine might not be as straightforward as it should be, so here's a quick tip on how to make it work without having to use Windows Explorer:

• Download WinSCP from https://winscp.net/eng/index.php and install
  • Select "Session" => "New Session" from the menu or just CTRL+N
  • Choose "New Site", select WebDAV under File Protocol, No encryption
  • Enter the WebDAV URL shown by Drambo under "Host name" without the ":8080" and enter "8080" under "Port number".
  • Hit "Save", then "Login" to connect. The right explorer shows the Drambo files, the left explorer is your local storage. Select file(s) and/or folder(s) on the right and hit function key F5 to copy.

Using WinSCP is quite fast, it took only 2 seconds to copy my whole preset folder with over 400 presets inside.

(Or, using Windows Explorer anyway: Choose Tools => Map network drive => Enter the WebDAV URL in the "Folder:" field (works too but it's much slower and reportedly the new file Explorer in Windows 10 has a bug that prevents it from copying folders?)).

Comments

• edited July 2020

WinSCP is quite fast, it took only 2 seconds over WiFi to copy my whole preset folder with over 400 presets inside.
    Ghisler Total Commander plus Ghisler's own WebDAV plugin work great too btw.

• Great tips thanks !

• It's working ok in Win10 for me, I'm using this address format in the file explorer address bar and also as a network location address shortcut:

\192.168.8.149@8080\DavWWWRoot

I'm not sure of the speed comparison, but I prefer having a network location shortcut rather than launching an app to connect.

I hope that Jonatan adds Webdav to audioshare, I discussed it with him sometime last year and he was open to it.... :)

• "Works for me." Win 10 version 2004, current updates to July 20. I can easily copy a Drambo folder using Windows Explorer; no additional app required. I created the network object using the format suggested by Drambo. Windows has morphed it to the format posted by @Carnbot.

• edited July 2020

Thanks for the info @uncledave and @Carnbot 👍🏻

• Just tried WebDAV for the first time. I have a Windows desktop and couldn't connect at first.

The problem I had was an option in my iPad Wifi settings - I had "Private Wi-Fi Address" turned on which made my iPad invisible to my local network.

After unchecking it, everything worked directly from File Explorer by just entering the address from Drambo.