Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Adventures In Lo-Fi - 25 Ambient and Lo-Fi presets for Icegear Lagrange (now with demo video)

These have a similar vibe to my Factory preset pack, although Lagrange isn't quite as flexible as Factory you can still get some great textures out of it.

To install the pack download it from the link below and then use "Open In" to send it to Lagrange. I'm still on iOS 12 so I'm not able to test if the "Open In" still works in iOS13 (I know it's broken for a few apps), let me know if it doesn't, although if that's the case there's probably not much I can do about it. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Download the presets from here

Also bear in mind that Lagrange doesn't have a built-in reverb, so you might want to stick a reverb in the chain while auditioning them. If you're doing ambient stuff these sound great with Eventide's Blackhole Reverb (but then so do most things πŸ˜›), but these kinds of spacey glitchy sounds do need a bit of verb to sweeten them IMO.

I'll look into making some Obsidian sounds next, but it might be a while as I also have to work on my next SOTMC track.

(edit): here's a demo video that showcases the sounds (with added reverb):

Β«1

Comments

• They are wonderful, @richardyot Thanks!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • More epic presets just tried them out so cool cheers again @richardyot

• Thanks! I've added a demo video to the first post.

• Thanks a million for these. Awesome.

• Wow, super! Thanks for sharing these, mate!!!
    I downloaded with GoodReader and opened in in Lagrange, no issues here iOS 13!

• These are excellent. Thanks @richardyot !

• @richardyot excellent Captain. Consider the appetite utterly whetted as regards Obsidian. You need to figure out a way for us to press a button and send $1.99 to the chairty of your choosing etc :)

• Addition: Just noodled through this set. All of them are good, some are of them are outstanding. Really excellent work. Reminds me here and there of a few long lost Alchemy wonders....

• Thank you - already tried a few patches and they sound great. Mucho appreciado :smile:

• These have the hiss, steam, glass and metallic sirens that make me love iWaveStation.
    I was going to pass on yet another synth I'll forget to use but "free presets". Hmm.
    Thank you for sharing and packaging the gift with a nice bow.

• Nice share. Thank you

• edited November 2019

thank you, @richardyot...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Addition: Just noodled through this set. All of them are good, some are of them are outstanding. Really excellent work. Reminds me here and there of a few long lost Alchemy wonders....

Thanks! As it happens there is an old iPad 4 in my household that is considered so old the kids refuse to use it, so I've got Alchemy and Cubasis running on it, and I took advantage of one of those rare intermittent windows where the Alchemy IAPs can be restored (there seems to be switch that gets flicked on and off every few months) to get Alchemy up and running with the IAPS that I own (which is most of them).

I've also installed Cubasis on that ancient iPad, and with the help of SynthJacker I'm sampling some of my favourite patches. It's a very slow process though, mostly because the iPad 4 is really slow now (weird how it didn't seem slow back in 2014, it must be iOS updates that have made it crawl).

Interestingly Alchemy does seem to sound pretty thin compared to more recent synths.

Anyway once I'm done, I'm probably only going to sample 20 patches or so, I'll probably import them into Obsidian. Not sure on the legalities of sharing the patches, but then again how many lawyers frequent these forums? Very few I'm guessing. πŸ‘€

• @richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Addition: Just noodled through this set. All of them are good, some are of them are outstanding. Really excellent work. Reminds me here and there of a few long lost Alchemy wonders....

Thanks! As it happens there is an old iPad 4 in my household that is considered so old the kids refuse to use it, so I've got Alchemy and Cubasis running on it, and I took advantage of one of those rare intermittent windows where the Alchemy IAPs can be restored (there seems to be switch that gets flicked on and off every few months) to get Alchemy up and running with the IAPS that I own (which is most of them).

I've also installed Cubasis on that ancient iPad, and with the help of SynthJacker I'm sampling some of my favourite patches. It's a very slow process though, mostly because the iPad 4 is really slow now (weird how it didn't seem slow back in 2014, it must be iOS updates that have made it crawl).

Interestingly Alchemy does seem to sound pretty thin compared to more recent synths.

Anyway once I'm done, I'm probably only going to sample 20 patches or so, I'll probably import them into Obsidian. Not sure on the legalities of sharing the patches, but then again how many lawyers frequent these forums? Very few I'm guessing. πŸ‘€

Solomon says
    cut the babies in many halves
    and join them where they fit,
    none but the mothers will know
    nor to the law courts ever take you.

• Thanks for the free patches

Loving this new synth!

• Thanks! I really like the patches cos I’ve been doing a lot of lofi, I ended up using a lot of the patches to record some loops

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Thanks! I really like the patches cos I’ve been doing a lot of lofi, I ended up using a lot of the patches to record some loops

πŸ‘

• @richardyot Thanks these are excellent ... just picked up Lagrange in the sale, so can finally enjoy these πŸ‘πŸ»

• @craftycurate said:
    @richardyot Thanks these are excellent ... just picked up Lagrange in the sale, so can finally enjoy these πŸ‘πŸ»

Thanks! Maybe you can make some patches for it too, it's a pretty easy synth to program. πŸŽ›πŸŽ›πŸŽ›πŸŽ›

• Thank you for sharing. Really good patches to work with! Thanksgiving πŸ‘ŠπŸΌπŸ˜

• @richardyot said:

@craftycurate said:
    @richardyot Thanks these are excellent ... just picked up Lagrange in the sale, so can finally enjoy these πŸ‘πŸ»

Thanks! Maybe you can make some patches for it too, it's a pretty easy synth to program. πŸŽ›πŸŽ›πŸŽ›πŸŽ›

For sure ... just starting to get a feel for its subtleties!

• @richardyot said:
    These have a similar vibe to my Factory preset pack, although Lagrange isn't quite as flexible as Factory you can still get some great textures out of it.

To install the pack download it from the link below and then use "Open In" to send it to Lagrange. I'm still on iOS 12 so I'm not able to test if the "Open In" still works in iOS13 (I know it's broken for a few apps), let me know if it doesn't, although if that's the case there's probably not much I can do about it. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Also bear in mind that Lagrange doesn't have a built-in reverb, so you might want to stick a reverb in the chain while auditioning them. If you're doing ambient stuff these sound great with Eventide's Blackhole Reverb (but then so do most things πŸ˜›), but these kinds of spacey glitchy sounds do need a bit of verb to sweeten them IMO.

I'll look into making some Obsidian sounds next, but it might be a while as I also have to work on my next SOTMC track.

I know this was a while back, I found this link in https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37679/stay-at-home-cause-everything-is-canceled-sales#latest and realized I missed out the first time around

Gorgeous, you really make this synth shine
    Many thanks

• @Littlewoodg said:

@richardyot said:

I know this was a while back, I found this link in https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37679/stay-at-home-cause-everything-is-canceled-sales#latest and realized I missed out the first time around

Many thanks

πŸ‘

• @Littlewoodg said:

@richardyot said:

Many thanks

You're right. I usually find the Ice Gear offerings too tinkly when I prefer woody, but Commissar Yot did a fine job herein.

• I just bought Lagrange yesterday. Looking forward to checking these out. Thanks for the presets @richardyot and the reminder @Littlewoodg !

• Wow Mr. Yot, these samples sound spectacular!

When I first downloaded the app I was totally disappointed with the presets β€” just like all the other Ice Gear apps I've downloaded before πŸ™„

Thank you for making me love (instead of totally hate) my Lagrange purchase!

If anyone knows of other even remotely impressive Lagrange presets, please post them here!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

+1 !
    there are some outstanding patches here! i feel like you can just hold down a key, record it and you have an ambient track with some of these haha! and yes blackhole init patch is all i needed.

• dang, im having trouble "opening in" . anyone have a solution for ios 13?