Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chameleon AUv3 Sampler Plugin by 4Pockets.com

12345679»

Comments

• @Samu said:
    Sweet, Chameleon was just updated and auto-sampling works without crashing the app!

You all know me by now, everything can be improved so...

What about 'selection preview' ? (Ie. play should play the selected portion, not the entire sample when editing) and...
    ...a 'Cut' function to remove portions of the recording? There is the 'clear' but it just zeroes the selection instead of removing it.

The 'Vibrato' is clearly a 'Tremolo' so it should not be called Vibrato in the UI :)
    Also does the app record in 16 or 24-bit?! (Can't find any info on this).

Being able to set the note-range and velocity for the auto-sampler could also be super handy...

Overall it's nice to see that the app is still in development!
    (And I might even be tempted to get a few more 4P's...).

That's good to hear, yeah I picked up Evolver in the bundle for a great price and I'm really happy with it, my favourite 4 pockets app so far... very useful for sample sequencing :)

• @Samu said:
    Sweet, Chameleon was just updated and auto-sampling works without crashing the app!

You all know me by now, everything can be improved so...

What about 'selection preview' ? (Ie. play should play the selected portion, not the entire sample when editing) and...
    ...a 'Cut' function to remove portions of the recording? There is the 'clear' but it just zeroes the selection instead of removing it.

The 'Vibrato' is clearly a 'Tremolo' so it should not be called Vibrato in the UI :)
    Also does the app record in 16 or 24-bit?! (Can't find any info on this).

Being able to set the note-range and velocity for the auto-sampler could also be super handy...

Overall it's nice to see that the app is still in development!
    (And I might even be tempted to get a few more 4P's...).

Working nicely for me now, the other bonus is all these user created Chameleon presets can be used in DigiKeys and Evolver.

• Version 1.20 is out:

Much improved Auto Sampling facility.
    Now allows you to specify pauses between samples and note velocity of MIDI notes.
    Added an option to record looped samples which best estimates setup of looping for each note.
    Other minor fixes.

• @White said:
    Version 1.20 is out:

Much improved Auto Sampling facility.
    Now allows you to specify pauses between samples and note velocity of MIDI notes.
    Added an option to record looped samples which best estimates setup of looping for each note.
    Other minor fixes.

Yepp, Paul is working on it! For me I'd love to se 'start & end note' as well as the 'auto stop' for sounds that are shorter.
    It would save time without having to trim them.

And well 'delete' selection in addition to 'clear' which is of limited use unless clearing the gap between words in a phrase (And even then I'd prefer to use a gate/expander).

Also I'm kinda annoyed by the 'pop up' that tells me to map the sample when using 'update sample' even if the key-range and root-note is already set (The 'perfect' default for me would be to map one sample across all the keys).

Also the 'Vibrato' is still acting like a 'Tremolo' :)

Don't get me wrong I love Chameleon and only wish for it to get even better :D

Cheers!

• i just want digikeys to allow for longer notes and the ability to stretch a note from one page of 16 steps onto the next page... sometimes you need a note to start on the 8 and go to 32 😎

• Evolver update with multi out just popped up as well, looking forward to trying these out later on.

• oh nice :) yeah Evolver is really good, nothing else really like it as an AU on iOS, if Korg ever did make wavestation an AU they probably still wouldn't allow sample importing so this is really useful.

• Does Chamleon support pitch detection yet for samples that you're importing or by file name?

That's the one thing that AudioLayer does better. You can import samples by name and based on note names on filename, they automatically map to the key range.

• Planning to play Chaneleon sounds via Geoshred. Anyone knows what pitch bend range supported by Chameleon? I need at least 12 PBR to play the sound smoothly with Geoshred

• @sujoybose77 said:
    Planning to play Chaneleon sounds via Geoshred. Anyone knows what pitch bend range supported by Chameleon? I need at least 12 PBR to play the sound smoothly with Geoshred

3 years and nobody answered yet 😛

I have the same question: what pitchbend range does Chameleon support?

• @UrbanNinja said:

@sujoybose77 said:
    Planning to play Chaneleon sounds via Geoshred. Anyone knows what pitch bend range supported by Chameleon? I need at least 12 PBR to play the sound smoothly with Geoshred

3 years and nobody answered yet 😛

I have the same question: what pitchbend range does Chameleon support?

I tried waiting at least a year to answer you, but I give up. 😂
    It is bending +/- 2 semitones when I use Xequence Keys or KB-1 in AUM.

• edited January 18

I just found it poking around…

Tap the VCF button and you can set it to 12 semitones :)

Not sure why Paul hid the pitch bend adjustment there (?!)…

• @UrbanNinja said:
    I just found it poking around…

Tap the VCF button and you can set it to 12 semitones :)

Not sure why Paul hid the pitch bend adjustment there (?!)…

Seriously?!?!
    I swear that was the first place I looked!
    😂