Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soundcraft Signature MTK 12 Issues!

edited July 2020 in Other

Hello everyone. I know that a few of you have this board. Recently my board has started acting up and I was wondering if anyone else has encountered these issues and how they have resolved them.

My Pots, Faders and Push Buttons are crackling a lot from time to time, and I am experiencing Audio Drop outs on various Channels, and the USB button is hit or miss when it will work to send audio from the DAW to the Board. Super frustrating to say the least. The MTK is only a couple years old and was purchased new.

I'm looking at a couple places for potential service, but I wonder if it's worth it at the end of the day. Looking @ $75 per hour to 'fix' the board at a place in LA...but having bought this thing new, and have put it under limited/light use, I wonder if the 2-3 hour job would be worth it.

Did I just get a LEMON? There doesn't appear to be any sort of meaningful warranty from SoundCraft either...

Thanks for any advice or input on the subject.

I'm tempted to open it up and see what the guts look like. Could it just be it needs an Air Cleaning and proper lubrication?

Hope everyone is doing well!

Comments

• If it’s out of warranty, open it up! Sounds like it could just be dirty switches. Try some switch cleaner on one or two of the worst offenders and see.

It’s surprising what you can fix on electronic gear. Most recently I replaced a broken USB-B socket on a little audio interface.

• @echoopera Hey friend, sorry I missed this....I’ve been taking a break from most online things.

I think my board is about the same age as yours. I’ve had scratchy pots and faders, compressed air or contact cleaner took care of those. Are the dropouts usb or mains? I’ve had issues with subpar usb cables dropping audio before.

Hope you get it sorted!

Peace to you and yours.

• @waynerowand said:
    @echoopera Hey friend, sorry I missed this....I’ve been taking a break from most online things.

I think my board is about the same age as yours. I’ve had scratchy pots and faders, compressed air or contact cleaner took care of those. Are the dropouts usb or mains? I’ve had issues with subpar usb cables dropping audio before.

Hope you get it sorted!

Peace to you and yours.

Thank you sir. I just picked up a can of Compressed Air. Which Contact Cleaner did you get, and how did you apply it?

The dropOuts were mainly USB, but at times it was also the MAINS, but I ended up finding out the Mains dropouts were connected to the USB button press...man mine are extra crunchy and noisy when I press them.

Thanks for chiming in sir. We miss you around these parts. Hope all is well.

Blessings to you and yours!

• edited July 2020

@echoopera You’ll have to open the case to get to the pots but for the faders you can go directly in from the front, at least I did.

Buttons? I have no idea...

Not using cheap usb cables made a difference for me, nothing fancy ( I’m using a Focusrite red cable that came with my 18i8).

I used Deoxit made/distributed by HOSA

Found you a quick little how-to... https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/more-cleaning-faders/
    Don’t neglect #5 as a possibility.......I had it happen to the pots on my ES-135 because I would flip it over in my lap and use the back as a table to write on while teaching. Absolutely destroyed the conductive taper. Yea, I’m a moron.

Thanks for the kind words. I do miss this community.

• Very cool. Thanks for the info!

Cheers!

• edited July 2020

@waynerowand I have some cleaner on the way.

I’ve been trying to get a hold of Guitar Center for the past two weeks. I think the unit is still under warranty with Soundcraft, but of course i can’t find the receipt.

I know when i bought it cause of my BankStatement and Twitter post from two years ago. Is it wrong to recreate my own receipt as proof since i can’t get a hold of GuitarCenter.

I need to find the SKU #. Any chance you still have the box for your board i could get a photo of the SKU from 😬

• @echoopera Did you buy it online from Guitar Center? Did you try this # 1-866-498-7882 ? GC may have a copy of the receipt, especially if you paid with a card. I would absolutely see how far you could get with just the bank statement.

Sorry, no box. Small house and it didn’t survive a purge.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

• @waynerowand said:
    @echoopera Did you buy it online from Guitar Center? Did you try this # 1-866-498-7882 ? GC may have a copy of the receipt, especially if you paid with a card. I would absolutely see how far you could get with just the bank statement.

Sorry, no box. Small house and it didn’t survive a purge.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Yeah. I bought it in store and they have different systems.

Thanks for replying. I’ll figure something out.

• @waynerowand just wanted to say thanks for the info on lubricating the pots. I have audio and usb returns working now.

Thanks!

• @echoopera That’s great news! Happy to help, friend.