Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hypertron by Hypertron Audio

edited October 2020 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1468266608

Description:

Requires iPhone 7 or higher.
Requires iPad 5th Gen or higher.

Hypertron is a new exciting, musical instrument for iOS, which offers the best features of well known samplers, sequencers and drummachines for quick editing and flexible music production.

• Samples can be indiependently altered and arranged in sequences and groups
  • Alter the pitch of each step separately in real time
  • Add and adjust effects with swipe-gestures
  • Effects: Lowpass, Reverb
  • PRO Effects: Highpass, Distortion, Delay, Pitch, Timestrech
  • Record your own samples with the internal microphone
  • Slice samples, adjust Fade-In-, Crossfade- and Fade-Out- regions in a breeze
  • The Hypertron comes with a simple, yet effective monophonic synthesizer:
 Two oscillators and one LFO controlling frequency and filter separately
  • Innovative Noterepeat-Slider
  • Live-record and export your project as WAV or MP4
  • PRO: Export every individual track of your project as WAV
  • PRO: Import your own samples via the filebrowser
  • Masterbus: alter the sum with a Highpass-Filter and Compressor
  • Duplicate groups with drag & drop
  • Virtual keyboard
  • Support for external MIDI-Keyboards
  • Audiobus-ready
  • Ableton Link-ready

Available ressources:
iPhone: 6 tracks / 6 groups.
iPhone X and higher: 12 tracks / 12 groups.
iPad: 16 tracks / 16 groups

HYPERTRON is for free with unlimited playtime and the ability to record as many samples as you want. For more amazing features, go PRO and unlock the full potential of the HYPERTRON across all devices with a one-time-purchase inside the app.

Comments

• edited July 2020

Ummm, sounds good on paper. :) Look forward to trying it.

• Not AU, I guess?

• Don’t know why but i’m really enjoying it in its semplicity

• $50 worth of IAP!

• Thanks @white it looks like a lot of the features are available in the free version. I think some of the IAP’s are just additional sound packs but I believe you can upload/record your own samples, so not a necessity.

• It just says AB3 and Ableton Link, so I don’t think it’s AUv3, but still looks cool I’m going to test it out soon.

• You need the pro IAP to import samples, my mistake

• Oops just realized @White already posted this info.... speaking of which @White how do you copy the text off the app description? Do you type it, or use an app that takes text from a photo, or what?

Because you always have every detail of the description in your own text...

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Oops just realized @White already posted this info.... speaking of which @White how do you copy the text off the app description? Do you type it, or use an app that takes text from a photo, or what?

I use Gladys

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1257526927

In the app store save the app link in Gladys, then in Gladys you can open the description of the app.

• @White said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Oops just realized @White already posted this info.... speaking of which @White how do you copy the text off the app description? Do you type it, or use an app that takes text from a photo, or what?

I use Gladys

In the app store save the app link in Gladys, then in Gladys you can open the description of the app.

@White = Awesome! 😆

• Thanks White, looking forward to seeing some [unlocked] demos/tutorials of this. Paging @Gavinski

• @White thank you for the link to Gladys + how you use it.. brilliantly useful! 👍

• @White said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I use Gladys

Cool, thanks always wondered how you did that. Cheers.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@White said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I use Gladys

Cool, thanks always wondered how you did that. Cheers.

Yeah, great tip White! I actually have Gladys, but haven't used it in ages and don't think I knew it had this particular feature, sweet!

• I really like this, but it has a few oddities. You can’t just tap a pad to play its sample. Nor can you drag/drop. Unless those are part of the pro pack?

• edited July 2020

@mistercharlie said:
    I really like this, but it has a few oddities. You can’t just tap a pad to play its sample. Nor can you drag/drop. Unless those are part of the pro pack?

Select pad. Hit Play to the right. Copy/Paste pads is to the right also. You can drag to copy patterns (buttons 1-16 to right of center)

• @anickt said:

@mistercharlie said:
    I really like this, but it has a few oddities. You can’t just tap a pad to play its sample. Nor can you drag/drop. Unless those are part of the pro pack?

Select pad. Hit Play to the right. Copy/Paste pads is to the right also. You can drag to copy patterns (buttons 1-16 to right of center)

I figured that out eventually, but surely tapping a pad should play it?

• @mistercharlie said:

@anickt said:

@mistercharlie said:

No when you press a pad it doesn't make any sound.

• @Charlesalbert said:

@mistercharlie said:

@anickt said:

@mistercharlie said:

@Charlesalbert , but why not ?
    Surely a pad should play when it’s pressed. Isn’t that what pads are for.

• @gsm909 said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@mistercharlie said:

@anickt said:

@mistercharlie said:

I really don’t know why but when I press the pad it does not produce any sounds. Only when sequencing the pad with the sequencer down below it works or when selecting a pad and press the play button located up right, it reproduces the sample sound.

• Another thing that I noticed is that when you use the app you can not rotate the screen... very annoying if you use the iPad with some covers to lay it down.

• @Charlesalbert said:

@gsm909 said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@mistercharlie said:

@anickt said:

@mistercharlie said:

I really don’t know why but when I press the pad it does not produce any sounds. Only when sequencing the pad with the sequencer down below it works or when selecting a pad and press the play button located up right, it reproduces the sample sound.

In this case they’re not pads in the “traditional” sense. They are instrument selectors/modifiers.

• @anickt said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@gsm909 said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@mistercharlie said:

@anickt said:

@mistercharlie said:

In this case they’re not pads in the “traditional” sense. They are instrument selectors/modifiers.

Yes. You’re right.

• @anickt said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@gsm909 said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@mistercharlie said:

@anickt said:

@mistercharlie said:

Sure, but then why waste so much UI space on them? If you can’t play them, they could be much smaller.

• edited July 2020

@mistercharlie said:

@anickt said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@gsm909 said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@mistercharlie said:

@anickt said:

@mistercharlie said:

Sure, but then why waste so much UI space on them? If you can’t play them, they could be much smaller.

I think the pads are sized like that, pudge finger sized, because they’re used to choose (L-R) and adjust (up-down) the effects for each clip or synth sound...
    A bit like JammPro

• Another complaint: the play buttons in the list for loading new sounds are both too small, and too close to the edge. The only way to play them reliably without accidentally tapping away and dismissing the list is to use the Apple Pencil.

I’m only whining because I really like the app!

• edited July 2020

Cool app and the only unlock you need is the ‘Pro’, which enables FX and your own sample import, but I find the way to handle the FX currently with the up/down left/right thing unnecessarily fussy and prone to unwanted fat finger readjustments.

It’s a shame the dev didn’t follow style for their own compressor/volume controls, and let the up/down left/right slide gesture just pop up a big user-friendly box ‘o’ knobs. Maybe use the per pad left/right gesture to select the parameter to twiddle (from a pop up LARGE TEXT BOX - old eyes and that) then Up/Down to open the EQUALLY LARGE aforementioned box o’ knobs? That’d work for me.

I’d also second the ‘let me play the sample from the pad’ and simple drag and drop to a pad from Files remarks above, but it does have a refreshing simplicity over something like the admittedly much more sophisticated GR16, which frankly I’ve never managed to get my head around.

• edited July 2020

Hi there,
    I just came across this thread. Thank you for your interest in the app. I'm super happy to see that some of you already started using it. Also thanks for your feedback, it's quite valuable to me.

@Charlesalbert & @mistercharlie
    When I started developing the app I was rather intrigued by the idea of having pads as FX controllers and as @littlewoodg pointed out they do need some space in order to work properly, especially on small devices. There are already so many apps out there which do a great job offering oldschool MPC-like pads so I didn't just want to repeat the same thing. But to be fair - I am still thinking about maybe introducing a button which would switch between FX controllers and regular trigger pads.

@mistercharlie
    That's a good point. Maybe I should expand the height of the rows a bit.

@Charlesalbert
    That's a good point too, I will enable autorotate in one of the next updates.

AUv3:
    Probably the feature that people ask for the most. When I started with it 4 years ago I didn't really care about any of that. The initial idea was to just have a standalone app which would export all tracks for later editing in the DAW because that's how I usually use apps. I hope that I will get the chance to transition the app to AUv3 rather sooner than later though and that users will still find ways to implement the app into their workflow in the meantime!

Thanks again,
    Kind regards,
    HT

Edit: Drag nd drop files to a pad. why did I never think of that?? def a must-have.